Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2010-2011 - Onward and Upward

Bruno alerted me to the below story that was in today's Providence Journal. It's a good read!

http://www.projo.com/brown/content/s...v3.6b6f64.html

Comment

Three-goal loss to Yale? Not surprising, though I was hoping we'd have a better defensive effort.

Anyone have pictures of the uniforms? I'm very curious as to what they look like.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Anyone have pictures of the uniforms? I'm very curious as to what they look like.
        There's a very small pic on the Yale hockey site:
        http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...201010299w48bl

Comment

Also a small team photo in white jerseys on the Brown hockey Facebook page.

Comment

Starting 1-1 is a lot better than last year's 0-7. Looking forward to posts from those of you who attended. Couple of questions: Surprised at the fresman starting in goal and stopping 28 of 29 shots? What did mcClellan do to get the misconduct? Freshmen seemed to play well - Agree?

Comment

Nice win! What do we know about the goalie? Impressive start, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                Starting 1-1 is a lot better than last year's 0-7. Looking forward to posts from those of you who attended. Couple of questions: Surprised at the fresman starting in goal and stopping 28 of 29 shots? What did mcClellan do to get the misconduct? Freshmen seemed to play well - Agree?
                Mclellan got a hit-from-behind penalty about a minute or so after the officials FAILED TO CALL a penalty against Princeton for the same type of hit. Brown did a great job killing the major penalty, and had a couple of shorthanded chances of their own.

Marco played a solid game in goal. He's a big kid, who covers a lot of net and plays angles really well.

Comment

Lot's of positives to take away from last weekend. Period by period, Brown tied 2 (first and third) and lost one (second) to Yale and went on to tie 2 (first and second) and win 1 against Princeton.
                  Anyone know what to expect from QU on Friday?

Comment

OK only 2 days to get those picks in for the ECAC Pick The Standings Contest.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Hey Brown fans, a small contingent of our devout Bobcat following will be heading to Providence tomorrow. What kind of crowd are you guys expecting? Any decent bars or restaurants in the area? Any predictions for the game? Let's start some banter.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                        Hey Brown fans, a small contingent of our devout Bobcat following will be heading to Providence tomorrow. What kind of crowd are you guys expecting? Any decent bars or restaurants in the area? Any predictions for the game? Let's start some banter.
                        It's a Friday game and home opener, so the crowd should be decent, but not a sellout, I wouldn't think. My guess is there will be a decent crowd, but Brown is hosting literally eight or nine home events on Saturday... which hopefully won't deter folks from the first home game of the year.

Plenty of decent restaurants and bars, particulary within walking distance or a mile of the rink. Just get to Thayer Street and you'll be in good shape, or find Hope Street Pizza/Restaurant down the road a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post
                          Plenty of decent restaurants and bars, particulary within walking distance or a mile of the rink. Just get to Thayer Street and you'll be in good shape, or find Hope Street Pizza/Restaurant down the road a bit.
                          I'm pretty sure my daughter and I ate at Hope Street Pizza last year (that's the Greek place?). I've been told to try Rick's Roadhouse... is that a decent place?
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                            I will give you Brown fans anything if you direct them to Schneider. Merrimack and QU have similar jersies. Kind of...

BTW: I hope Bruno wins every game not involving the Mayor's Cup.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              I will give you Brown fans anything if you direct them to Schneider.
                              Patience grasshopper... we'll be there in December.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                I'm pretty sure my daughter and I ate at Hope Street Pizza last year (that's the Greek place?). I've been told to try Rick's Roadhouse... is that a decent place?
                                Yea, Hope Street is the Greek place.

Rick's is decent. Good burgers and bbq and not terribly expensive. It's not too far from campus, but if you get there after 5:30, you won't make opening faceoff. It gets pretty busy.

Also, to all the fans making the trek in - particularly for Saturday - parking will be tough. Half of the lot outside Meehan is now a construction zone, so look for spaces on Hope Street or the surrounding area - the lot in back, by the soccer field, should be good on Friday but pretty crowded on Saturday (with soccer playing at the same time).

Comment

Working...
                                X