Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Probably Robbie Earl on the tying goal, but Skille also took a bad dive in that game.
    Earle didn't take a dive as he was hip-checked pretty good on a legal open ice hit. No penalty was called. He did lay there for a bit and he may have embellished how bad he was hurt a bit, but nothing that he did drew a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mook Williams View Post
      Robbie Early should have been taken out back and beaten down for that pathetic move he pulled.
      Ohhh. Yeah. That penalty was unfortunate. The ref never should have called it. Put you guys a man down at a critical juncture of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Earle didn't take a dive as he was hip-checked pretty good on a legal open ice hit. No penalty was called. He did lay there for a bit and he may have embellished how bad he was hurt a bit, but nothing that he did drew a penalty.
        Shhhh... it's a lot easier when people don't know what a dive is.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: BC players have been accused of diving too. It happens.

Sour grapes. Wisconsin beat us fair and square in '06.

Brian Gionta, Scott Farkus, hell even Marty Reasoner were called out for "diving"... after all, isn't that why they called it The Gionta Rule ? Nah, the Badgers won '06 fair and square, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mook Williams View Post
            Robbie Early should have been taken out back and beaten down for that pathetic move he pulled.
            It didn't draw a penalty(and was a pretty tough looking hip check) and therefore had NO effect on the outcome of the game. You should be taken out back and shot for insinuating that there was some key dive by a Badger that caused you to lose that game. Seriously?

Did he score on a delayed penalty? I'm a little fuzzy on that part.

Comment

One of my everlasting memories of 2006 was the amazing class showed by Jerry York.

The crowd was ecstatic after the game. The Eagles were dejected and were about to head to the locker room when York stopped them dead in their tracks and made them come out on the ice and salute their fans.

A great gesture by York, and it shows the kind of character that he teaches that helps bring BC back every year.

That said... I sincerely hopes he has to do it again this year.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

It didn't draw a penalty(and was a pretty tough looking hip check) and therefore had NO effect on the outcome of the game. You should be taken out back and shot for insinuating that there was some key dive by a Badger that caused you to lose that game. Seriously?
                We don't have to kill him. We're not from Illinois.

We should, however, shoot him out of a cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Shhhh... it's a lot easier when people don't know what a dive is.
                  Semantics. He was talking about the injury embellishment (I think).

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
                  Sour grapes. Wisconsin beat us fair and square in '06.

Brian Gionta, Scott Farkus, hell even Marty Reasoner were called out for "diving"... after all, isn't that why they called it The Gionta Rule ? Nah, the Badgers won '06 fair and square, imho.
                  Where are the sour grapes? I completely agree that Wisconsin was better than BC in 2006.

Jeff Farkas btw

Comment

Where are the sour grapes? I completely agree that Wisconsin was better than BC in 2006.

Jeff Farkas btw
                    I am talking about my fellow alum, Mookie, not you. Chillax.

Comment

Did he score on a delayed penalty? I'm a little fuzzy on that part.
                      What???

No penalty???

Surely he can't be claiming that one of our guys took himself out of the play and that's why they lost the game? That would make no sense.

Comment

BC steam shatters Wisco dream

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                          Surely he can't be claiming that one of our guys took himself out of the play and that's why they lost the game? That would make no sense.
                          No kidding. If Eagles fans have anything to be upset about with that play, it should be why no one picked up Earl as he was gliding right to the net after he (finally) got his arse up.

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                            Wisconsin claims 7 th title in a 4-3 OT thriller

Comment

This sounds more like you're having a cream dream.

Comment

Mook is right. Hockey East grind it out style of play is superior come playoff time
                                Well at least now we have description of this "superior style" of play of Hockey East.

Comment

Working...
                                X