BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC vs Wisconsin...for All the Marbles

The INCH folks couldn't even be bothered to put up a Podcast yesterday that would have recapped the Thursday games and previewed this one.

Asleep at the switch
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

And yes, we are arrogant. But I believe we've earned that right as the undisputed best college hockey team of the past 10-12 years.[/QUOTE]

More piffle from the BC faithful, which relies on BC's frequent FF appearences as the basis to this cherry picked argument Most of these appearences came from venues (Worcester and Manchester) just outside of Boston. A dismal final four record is something to really hang your hat on. Again, if Wisconsin wins tonight, that makes four separate WCHA schools to have won two titles each in the past 14 yrs, a number comparable the the accomplishments of the BC program. "Undisputed" requires more than showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
        I think it has to do with if it is a dive, the play is blown dead for a penalty and Earl doesn't eventually score. It's a bit of a trivial point because Wisco scored again but it still would have been 1-0 and who knows what would have happened.
        I suppose so, but still zero percent relevence. Today's going to be a great game. I have a feeling that it's gonna be a lucky bounce one way or the other.
        When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          I am! Next I'm going to change my name to Drunky McEagleton and start blowing dead Kennedy's on John Kerry's couch!
          This is awesome!
          Fair weather fan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
            And yes, we are arrogant. But I believe we've earned that right as the undisputed best college hockey team of the past 10-12 years.
            More piffle from the BC faithful, which relies on BC's frequent FF appearences as the basis to this cherry picked argument Most of these appearences came from venues (Worcester and Manchester) just outside of Boston. A dismal final four record is something to really hang your hat on. Again, if Wisconsin wins tonight, that makes four separate WCHA schools to have won two titles each in the past 14 yrs, a number comparable the the accomplishments of the BC program. "Undisputed" requires more than showing up.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? BC is hands down the best team in the nation for the last 10 years or so and we have destroyed WCHA teams like north dakota and minnesota consistently in the NCAAs in recent years. During that time period Wisc had one run to a title - big deal. When Wisconsin was churning out mediocre seasons we were in the frozen four consistently - there is a big difference. Record in the championship is a bad argument - wouldn't you rather be in the championship and lose than not in the tournament at all? If your answer is honestly no, I don't know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
              And yes, we are arrogant. But I believe we've earned that right as the undisputed best college hockey team of the past 10-12 years.
              More piffle from the BC faithful, which relies on BC's frequent FF appearences as the basis to this cherry picked argument Most of these appearences came from venues (Worcester and Manchester) just outside of Boston. A dismal final four record is something to really hang your hat on. Again, if Wisconsin wins tonight, that makes four separate WCHA schools to have won two titles each in the past 14 yrs, a number comparable the the accomplishments of the BC program. "Undisputed" requires more than showing up.[/QUOTE]

Also you are comparing BC to the entire WCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                The INCH folks couldn't even be bothered to put up a Podcast yesterday that would have recapped the Thursday games and previewed this one.

Asleep at the switch
                USCHO coverage has left a lot to be desired as well - no previews until Thursday morning

Comment

Originally posted by MCSneep View Post
                  wouldn't you rather be in the championship and lose than not in the tournament at all? If your answer is honestly no, I don't know what to say.
                  In the words of Ricky Bobby... If you ain't first you're last!

And I said it once, and I'll say it again, participation and runner-up banners aren't worth the fabric they're made out of... Just remember little man, The hardware is all that matters, we have twice as many National Championship trophies as BC does. What does that mean? It's pretty simple... Wisconsin's hockey program is twice as awesome as Boston College.
                  Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
                    In the words of Ricky Bobby... If you ain't first you're last!

And I said it once, and I'll say it again, participation and runner-up banners aren't worth the fabric they're made out of... Just remember little man, The hardware is all that matters, we have twice as many National Championship trophies as BC does. What does that mean? It's pretty simple... Wisconsin's hockey program is twice as awesome as Boston College.
                    Have to disagree with that - so the loser of tonights game had as good a season as Providence or Army. Plus most of Wisconsins banners were years ago before a lot of us were born. BC is the top program in the country right now - hard to debate that

Comment

Originally posted by MCSneep View Post
                      Have to disagree with that - so the loser of tonights game had as good a season as Providence or Army. Plus most of Wisconsins banners were years ago before a lot of us were born. BC is the top program in the country right now - hard to debate that
                      You're using BC's past success to dictate "best program in the country..." I can use Wisconsin's past success to do the same thing. Overall we're one of the best programs in the country of all-time. BC? Not so much. All I am saying is that it's very easy to cherry pick facts. You want to state you've been to the Frozen Four X times out of X years in a row? Fine. If you're going to do that, just remember, BC is just slightly above the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's. The only difference is you've won it once despite being there so many times in the last X years. Big deal. Top programs WIN championships, not just participate in the tournament.
                      Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Throw out the stats, boys. They're for losers. All that matters is, who ****ing wins tonight!

1973 doesn't matter, nor does 77, 81, 83, 90, '06 or the FEW that BC has won . All that matters is 2010.

**** 'em Bucky!!!!!!!
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Just watched the 06 game. I am ready for it to be 6 o'clock!!

Wisconsin hockey: Going for #7

Comment

You're using BC's past success to dictate "best program in the country..." I can use Wisconsin's past success to do the same thing. Overall we're one of the best programs in the country of all-time. BC? Not so much. All I am saying is that it's very easy to cherry pick facts. You want to state you've been to the Frozen Four X times out of X years in a row? Fine. If you're going to do that, just remember, BC is just slightly above the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's. The only difference is you've won it once despite being there so many times in the last X years. Big deal. Top programs WIN championships, not just participate in the tournament.
                            Since 98, BC has made X Frozen Fours and won 2 of them. They have had two hiccups over that period, but match the two NC's by DU and Minnesota. However, Minnesota has had more "down years" and DU hasn't performed as well in the NCAA Tournament.

As I said, I despise BC's alumni and fan base, but it's pretty hard to argue that they aren't the team of the last 12-13 years.

Comment

How do your championships in the 70s make you the best program in the country right now? I can surely demonstrate how BC is the best program in the country right now. And the Bills never won - we won two years ago - a lot more recently than wisconsin and we have 2 championships in the last decade. Right now BC is the best program in the country hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Throw out the stats, boys. They're for losers. All that matters is, who ****ing wins tonight!

1973 doesn't matter, nor does 77, 81, 83, 90, '06 or the FEW that BC has won . All that matters is 2010.

**** 'em Bucky!!!!!!!
                                I will concede that point - in 3hrs - all that matters is who wins. good luck tonight to both teams

Comment

Working...
                                X