Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    I thought RIT was scheduled to play two “exemption games” against UAF and UAA at the Kendall Hockey Classic on Oct 8 & 9. UND rounds out the lineup. Or am I mistaken? Nice season btw. I hope this trip is on your schedule.
    I heard that at one point too, but then was told that it was not true. Of course, now I don't remember where I heard it, or who said told me it was false. We shall see though...
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by hanasoni View Post
      Any idea on the name of the bar?
      If it was the same one everyone from RIT was going to it was Angelina's
      RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
        I heard that at one point too, but then was told that it was not true. Of course, now I don't remember where I heard it, or who said told me it was false. We shall see though...
        I think we heard from one of the connected USCHO folks that Wilson knew nothing about it - and if it were true he would know about it.
        KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
          Just found a reference to Air Force and UND at next year’s Kendall Classic. So you guys just lost tons of air miles. Hope we meet up with you folks at next seasons NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
            If it was the same one everyone from RIT was going to it was Angelina's
            We never set foot in Anglina's. The REAL bar was next door to Angelina's, and was called the Sports Town Bar and Grill. google: "Sport Grill, Detroit, MI" 1570 Woodward Ave.

Awesome burgers, Pabst on tap and cheap cans of whatever. Good atmosphere, fast service, friendly staff.
            e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
              I think we heard from one of the connected USCHO folks that Wilson knew nothing about it - and if it were true he would know about it.
              One of the Alaska papers mentioned that RIT was going to be in the Kendall next season. They were wrong. Not sure where they got the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Choose Death View Post
                Ill start with your first (-) mark and move down in order:

-You're welcome. But we will be behind that team till I lose some weight.

-thank you so much for this comment, everyone behind those a-holes were cursing them out for being at that game for ESPN face time and not at all for supporting the team. When they came up to yell at us about how bad of fans we were we had to "politely" explain to them what being a fan was. I hope i see them around campus and can remember their faces
                ok, i think i know who you are now. i was in the front row of standing people for thursday night wearing the i <3 nederland shirt, right next to the rowdy kid in the orange plaid shirt. (we both have rit gear but we had been wearing them for the whole streak and felt them to be lucky)

yeah those kids drove me nuts. they missed our only goal cuz they were turned around looking at us apparently. and i think it is funny that they think that we were slacking when most of the articles i have seen on the finals had much love for our fans.

also, if we are indeed playing at cornell next year we NEED to have a strong showing there. i am hoping rit will provide busses for students.
                i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

I don't know if anybody caught this, but Bowling Green just hired a Miami assistant coach to be their new head coach, which means that neither Wilson nor Hills will be going there, as was speculated in the season thread. Good news for the Tigers.

Coach! Coach! Coach! (I'm sure some of the older folks here remember when the corner was at the other end of the ice and we would cheer the coach as he walked past us to get to the bench? That was before the remodeling like 10 years ago. You see, back in my day, there was no netting, we would just get hit with pucks that went over the glass and give them to kids, and we would wear an onion pinned to our jerseys, as was the fashion in those days.)

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                    i think it is funny that they think that we were slacking when most of the articles i have seen on the finals had much love for our fans.
                    I personally thought we were slacking, I saw plenty of fans not cheering in our section.
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                      I personally thought we were slacking, I saw plenty of fans not cheering in our section.
                      i was pointing more to the irony that they were complaining about us while many others have praised us. i still think the crew was great on the weekend and that those fans were idiots.

at the same time, it is entirely possible that their were a bunch of fans not cheering. i would guess that there was a higher percentage of non-cornercrew students (or at least people who are not regular attenders) in detroit compared to albany, despite the cost and distance. that would lend to them not knowing all of the cheers, etiquette, or even the rules of the game too well. it seems like the campus went nuts about it all and many just wanted to join in on the fun. besides the score, it also did not help that their were older people and families in the first 10 rows of our section.
                      i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by d4rksabre View Post
                        It was great meeting you guys too! That was my crew and I, myself being the gentleman with the mutton chops. We really liked that bar.
                        Ah, excellent. Yeah, that was a good place. No sign yet, if anyone is trying to find it; the guy said they had been scrambling to open in time for the Tigers' home opener.

Excellent chops, btw.
                        Cornell University Men's Hockey
                        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

RIT fans getting some more love from The Miami Student today.

R! I! T!

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                            the guy said they had been scrambling to open in time for the Tigers' home opener.
                            For a second I thought you were talking about our first game next year.
                            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              RIT fans getting some more love from The Miami Student today.

R! I! T!
                              Awesome article! I had a blast cheering with you guys! A game between Miami and RIT would be awesome!!!
                              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                              Men's Frozen Four 2010
                              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                                I don't know if anybody caught this, but Bowling Green just hired a Miami assistant coach to be their new head coach, which means that neither Wilson nor Hills will be going there, as was speculated in the season thread. Good news for the Tigers.

Coach! Coach! Coach! (I'm sure some of the older folks here remember when the corner was at the other end of the ice and we would cheer the coach as he walked past us to get to the bench? That was before the remodeling like 10 years ago. You see, back in my day, there was no netting, we would just get hit with pucks that went over the glass and give them to kids, and we would wear an onion pinned to our jerseys, as was the fashion in those days.)
                                I did notice that. Personally, I think the RIT job is as good if not better than Bowling Green's. BGSU may be in a bigger conference, but it would take a lot of work to get competitive in that league (not that Coach Wilson couldn't get the job done - no doubt he could). RIT is one of the big dogs in the AHA and has now shown that they CAN compete for Frozen Four trips.

Now if tOSU comes calling - they certainly could get to a top spot quicker with their resources.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X