>>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

I was told no tuition dollars would go towards it. I believe they'll be dipping into the endowment. That is still money that was fund-raised just not for the sole purpose of the arena. I should've have been more specific and said rit will be allocating funds for the rest of the project rather than them straight funding it.

I know originally the renovations were going to occur regardless of whether a new arena was built but I believe the setback time-wise has them rethinking whether a seating expansion is still worth it. Last I knew they were at no.. not to say that doesn't change all the time, haha.

Comment

[QUOTE=mar7967;4802757]
      10/22 @Union
      10/23 @RPI
      [QUOTE]

RPI's website has them playing RIT on 10/22 and Niagara on 10/23.
      http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey&
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post

RPI's website has them playing RIT on 10/22 and Niagara on 10/23.
        http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey&
        You are correct, and Unions website supports this as well.

2010-2011 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

10/8 St. Cloud at UNO Tournament (1)
        10/9 UNO at UNO Tournament (1)
        10/16 UMass Lowell @ Blue Cross Arena
        10/17 Merrimack (2)
        10/22 @RPI
        10/23 @Union
        11/12 UConn
        11/13 UConn
        1/7 @ Army
        1/8 @ Army

at Cornell

3x:
        Canisius
        Mercyhurst
        Niagara
        Robert Morris
        Air Force

2x:
        Holy Cross
        Bentley
        AIC
        Sacred Heart
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
          I know originally the renovations were going to occur regardless of whether a new arena was built but I believe the setback time-wise has them rethinking whether a seating expansion is still worth it. Last I knew they were at no.. not to say that doesn't change all the time, haha.
          My understanding from the announcement and discussion here, was that the work to be done on the Ritter was strictly new locker, video, and training rooms. I don't recall any revision to the existing seating. Besides, outside of putting a balcony in or blowing out one of the walls, how were they planning to expand seating in the Ritter?
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

I believe the expansion was to take over much of that side road between the slc and the ritter.

Guess we'll just have to live with orange kickplates instead.

Comment

Here's the official party line ...

http://facilities.rit.edu/construction/ritterarena.html

Not terribly informative. My understanding was locker rooms, offices, etc. that would still be useful to the rest of athletics when hockey moved into a new arena at some point. I don't think there were ever plans for more seating and I know nothing about delays, new plans, etc. beyond what was posted here.
              -M

Comment

I am not sure Merrimack's participation in the Brick city tournament is a done deal. When I mentioned it on the schedule thread on the MC website several people said that the nc schedule was still up in the air.

MC has their home opener against UConn on 10/16 which is homecoming weekend at Merrimack. Since they are hosting Assumption in football on Saturday afternoon they are probably hoping to have a hockey game later that night too so they can show off the renovations to Lawler arena to the alumni.

In any event the MC schedule is due out this week so we will know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                  I am not sure Merrimack's participation in the Brick city tournament is a done deal. When I mentioned it on the schedule thread on the MC website several people said that the nc schedule was still up in the air.

MC has their home opener against UConn on 10/16 which is homecoming weekend at Merrimack. Since they are hosting Assumption in football on Saturday afternoon they are probably hoping to have a hockey game later that night too so they can show off the renovations to Lawler arena to the alumni.

In any event the MC schedule is due out this week so we will know for sure.
                  With this information, I find it hard to believe that we will be playing Merrimack. If they play at home on the 16th (which UConn's schedule confirms), they wouldnt travel to RIT to play on the 15th or 17th...When it was announced that RIT would play Merrimack, it was not set it stone.

Looks like we have another non-conference opponent though...

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

I am 100% sure it was the plan at one point. When it changed, I do not know. I was told they would be adding seating on the slc side and expanding into that road area. I am quite sad to hear the locker room project has been delayed for the sake of the guys. The room is just so small and inadequate for what the team truly needs. Either way, its nice to know they aren't scrapping it entirely in lieu of a new arena as that is quite a few years off.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                      Looks like we have another non-conference opponent though...
                      Pick me out a winner Bobby... (The Natural for those who don't get the reference)
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

The Class of 2014 has been announced: http://ritathletics.com/news/2010/6/...624101420.aspx

The group of seven student-athletes includes three forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender. Four student-athletes from the incoming class are from the United States and three hail from Canada.

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Search through some college hockey video tonight and ran accross a nice highlight video for Burt set to the music of his follow home town star...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXE0wLutGNo
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                            Search through some college hockey video tonight and ran accross a nice highlight video for Burt set to the music of his follow home town star...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXE0wLutGNo
                            Just curious why it is that this O2X management, an NHLPA registered agent, has made a highlight video of a player that is still in college. Does this mean they are looking to represent him when he looks to go pro, or what?
                            I'm not implying anything funny is going on (I can't imagine RIT nor Cameron would be that dumb), but it looks odd.
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                              Just curious why it is that this O2X management, an NHLPA registered agent, has made a highlight video of a player that is still in college. Does this mean they are looking to represent him when he looks to go pro, or what?
                              I'm not implying anything funny is going on (I can't imagine RIT nor Cameron would be that dumb), but it looks odd.
                              Could be a way they are trying to advertise to Cameron for him to use their services at a future date. I searched through their videos and only found major juniors guys. Hopefully this is not a sign of another early departure...
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                Could be a way they are trying to advertise to Cameron for him to use their services at a future date. I searched through their videos and only found major juniors guys. Hopefully this is not a sign of another early departure...
                                I would say it is not a question of if Cameron will be an early departure, it is a question of when he will be an early departure. But I hope I am wrong.
                                KBranch

Comment

Working...
                                X