Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>RIT 2010 Offseason Thread-"You have to be a genius to go to RIT"

pretty sure riley will be on the practice squad again from what i've heard

also: renovations aren't supposedly starting til july, possibly august. they were originally scheduled to start after grad and finish by december but it has all been pushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
      also: renovations aren't supposedly starting til july, possibly august. they were originally scheduled to start after grad and finish by december but it has all been pushed back.
      Has there been any information released about what they plan to do to Ritter? I haven't heard anything other than rumors and the fact that they want to do something but were still ironing out the details.

Comment

My memory may be off, but I thought they were just making improvements in the dressing rooms...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          My memory may be off, but I thought they were just making improvements in the dressing rooms...
          Tom, your memory isn't off. The announced improvements were new dressing, training, and video rooms at ground level on the east side of the Ritter. I would have assumed that construction would have started already. At this point there should at least be piles of dirt and a big hole.
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Posted on facebook a little while ago by RIT Brick City Homecoming: It's offical! RIT Men's Hockey Tigers face the Umass Lowell River Hawks in the season opener for Brick City Homecoming at Blue Cross Arena. October 16th, 2010!

I assume that means we will be playing Merrimack on 10/15 at Ritter?

I am again making an AHA composite schedule: tinyurl.com/AHAcomp
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              Posted on facebook a little while ago by RIT Brick City Homecoming: It's offical! RIT Men's Hockey Tigers face the Umass Lowell River Hawks in the season opener for Brick City Homecoming at Blue Cross Arena. October 16th, 2010!

I assume that means we will be playing Merrimack on 10/15 at Ritter?
              If the season opener is October 16, why would you assume we're playing the day before? =) I actually think it's more likely we're getting a rare Saturday-Sunday weekend, based on the wording you quoted.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                If the season opener is October 16, why would you assume we're playing the day before? =) I actually think it's more likely we're getting a rare Saturday-Sunday weekend, based on the wording you quoted.

Powers &8^]
                Last year the Brich City Homecoming was the second game of the weekend. We played Clarkson on Friday and St. Lawrence at BCA on Saturday.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                  ...thats i good point...I should read.

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    Last year the Brich City Homecoming was the second game of the weekend. We played Clarkson on Friday and St. Lawrence at BCA on Saturday.
                    You mean two seasons ago, right?
                    Last year was Colgate.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                      You mean two seasons ago, right?
                      Last year was Colgate.
                      Yea, last year was just Colgate...no friday or sunday game.

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Ooops - yea
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          Yes, but that St. Lawrence game wasn't called a "season opener", was it?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Army's schedule was posted today.

2010-2011 RIT Men's Hockey Schedule

10/8 St. Cloud at UNO Tournament (1)
                            10/9 UNO at UNO Tournament (1)
                            10/16 UMass Lowell @ Blue Cross Arena
                            10/17 Merrimack (2)
                            10/22 @Union
                            10/23 @RPI
                            11/12 UConn
                            11/13 UConn
                            1/7 @ Army
                            1/8 @ Army

at Cornell

3x:
                            Canisius
                            Mercyhurst
                            Niagara
                            Robert Morris
                            Air Force

2x:
                            Holy Cross
                            Bentley
                            AIC
                            Sacred Heart

(1) UNO Tournament
                            (2) games during Brick City...another possible date is 10/15

RIT Tigers
                            Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

For now, renovations will focus mainly on the team's facilites (locker rooms, video rooms, etc). The renovation was initially planned to include an expansion as well. From what I understand, that was scrapped in lieu of a new arena. The arena construction *should* start once they get a substantial donation (aka someone to name the building after) and RIT has said they will kick in the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenFairies View Post
                                RIT has said they will kick in the rest.
                                Really?? I thought Pres. Destler was pretty adamant that no RIT internal funds would be used (i.e., 100% external fundraising). In fact, he said just that not too long ago.

I hadn't heard about the expansion plans being scrapped though and I could imagine those funds being redirected toward a new arena.
                                -M

Comment

Working...
                                X