Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help rename the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!

You know, I'm wondering if it's too soon to say that the White Man defeated the Sioux again.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

UND Kanye's
      UND Ayatollah's
      UND Wal-Mart's
      UND Tonto's
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Turk 77 View Post
        Thats another question what about all of the logos in the arena do they have to remove them ? I was pretty sure Uncle Ralphie had a clause in some aggreement on the arena that they couldnt play there without having the name.
        Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
        Can anyone give me the cliff notes version on the stadium impact? Wasn't there something about not being able to use REA if the name was changed?
        No, there is no such clause. That is just a rumor. UND can continue to use the REA regardless of what their nickname is and they aren't "required" to change any logos right away.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/157114

Speaking from Chicago, Hodgson again debunked the urban legend that there’s a secret document from Ralph Engelstad calling for the closing of the 11,640-seat venue if the nickname ever changes.
        UND has until 2050 to make any necessary changes to the arena. They can make the changes during routine maintenance to sections of the arena. UND also has a year to retire the logo completely, so they can still use the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo on their jerseys for next season if they wish to.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        If the building is not owned by the University, is there really anything they can do to force REA to remove the Sioux stuff?
        The NCAA can't force the REA to make the changes, but that might limit their chances of hosting another regional until they do.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

UND Gaddafi's.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I find the Battling Bishops of Ohio Wesleyan University slightly hostile and above and beyond abusive.
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              UND Kanye's
              UND Okay Imma Let You Finish, But Fighting Flickertails Was The Best Nickname OF ALL TIMES!!
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

UND Squaws.

Comment

UND Date Rape

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    The NCAA can't force the REA to make the changes, but that might limit their chances of hosting another regional until they do.
                    I didn't think the NCAA wanted to use home arenas anymore anyway, thus the west regional was at the X instead of at Mariucci.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

UND Canadiens (Just use SCSU's Logo).

Born a Black Bear
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

UND Smoking Pedophile Priests

Comment

UND Fighting Sparkly Vampires

RIP - Kirby

Comment

UND Indians

(replace the feathers in the logo with a dot)

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              UND Indians

(replace the feathers in the logo with a dot)
                              They could open a call center training campus at UND.

Dell may also relocte to Grand Forks if this were to happen.

Born a Black Bear

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

UND Retards
                                UND Lysdexics
                                UND Autistics
                                UND ADHDs
                                UND Communists
                                UND al-Qaedas
                                UND Gulags

Comment

Working...
                                X