SLU - Summer of 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLU - Summer of 2010

We just tipped the old thread over 1000 arguing over the details of some game back in 1988!

Back to the subject at hand....what is next for a team that just lost Bollig and Stevenson?

Incoming freshmen....meet golden opportunity!!!
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Re: SLU - Summer of 2010

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    We just tipped the old thread over 1000 arguing over the details of some game back in 1988!

Back to the subject at hand....what is next for a team that just lost Bollig and Stevenson?

It's funny how things work out. Many of us last off-season were lamenting the fact that we didn't have another/one extra "stud" d'man coming in, but one of us (I think Got 6) commented that the coaches knew what they were doing. Lo and behold, Pete Child was already on the team and did he ever emerge.

The coaches will take care of things. Just another bump in the road, albeit it a huge one.
    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Not sure how good Matt Weninger is in net, but I know LSSU was looking at goalies in the SJHL so you may have beat them to the punch by getting a commitment from him.

Comment

Yep, there's always that consolation. "Lots of ice time out there for the taking." We're in the same boat.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just checked out the Wisco roster and I noticed Tom Bardis is not on it. I know he played only three games for them last year. Did he decide not to play this year?
          SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
            I just checked out the Wisco roster and I noticed Tom Bardis is not on it. I know he played only three games for them last year. Did he decide not to play this year?
            Looks like he gave the NCAA up, as he played 11 games for the Madison Ice Muskies of the AAHL (All American Hockey League- a Single "A" professional league.).

Comment

Not sure if any of you saw this article, but six Slovenian players beat up their coach after winning a championship. The coach being none other than Mike Posma, the cheap thug that ended Jamie Baker's season in '89:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/s...0810?gt1=39002

Comment

Hockey Gods eventually caught up with him.
                Last edited by Saints17; 04-10-2010, 06:11 PM.
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Once again, we beat the NCAA Champions during the regular season. I hate seeing BC win it, but it is nice to be able to say that.

Comment

Update from tonight's annual hockey banquet:
                    ROY George Hughes
                    McFarlane Cunningham
                    McGeough D. Keller
                    Flanagan Tisi
                    McKinnon Petizian/McKenzie/Curran
                    Doyle D. Keller/Vermeulen
                    MVP Vermeulen
                    Slater Caister
                    7th Player Weaver/Kelliher

Next Year's Captains:

Captains Bogosian/J. Keller
                    Alts S. Flanagan/Drewiske
                    Petizian also made his debut with Rochester tonight

Comment

BC should make an attempt to schedule a game vs the north country each year. Before this year, the last time they won they got beat by Clarkson during the regular season. Thought Wisconsin would have put up a better battle.

Congrats to all the SLU players at the award banquet - Vermeulen a great season and well deserved MVP. Have heard about a lot of seniors getting shots w/pro teams - hope Travis and Alex P get chances somewhere, both play the game with 100% effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Desslok View Post
                        Not sure if any of you saw this article, but six Slovenian players beat up their coach after winning a championship. The coach being none other than Mike Posma, the cheap thug that ended Jamie Baker's season in '89:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/s...0810?gt1=39002
                        His name was Bill Posma. He can go screw himself. He is a blanking *****hole for what he did to Jamie Beker, who FWIW, was leading the nation by far in PPG until Posma took Jamie out. Cheap shot artist.

This ******es me off more than the dislodged net in '88. Not even close.
                        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Recent alumni update, McKenzie was released from his ATO with Albany (with Carolina's season ending, they flooded the farm team with bubble guys). Kain Tisi was also released from Reading. Reading's starting goalie is a guy we looked at but couldn't get admitted and ended up at Bemidji...his numbers in junior in Billings were ridiculous! Alex Curran was released from his ATO with Syracuse a while ago...after one game. Petizian is still on an ATO at Rochester and they are in the playoffs. Ross pretty much played the entire season in Providence but their season is over too. Lots of good alum matchups coming with Zeiler and Bagnall in Manchester facing off against Rank and (an injured, I think) Matt Generous in Portland. I am pretty sure it is Trevelyan in Worcester against McKenna in Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                            His name was Bill Posma. He can go screw himself. He is a blanking *****hole for what he did to Jamie Beker, who FWIW, was leading the nation by far in PPG until Posma took Jamie out. Cheap shot artist.

No, I am pretty sure it is Mike Posma who played for Bill Wilkinson at the time. He was a complete asswipe and the reason giving for his beating proves once again what a bright fellow he is!

I am not sure Bakes ever got to play him in the AHL but I think he would still like a piece of the guy. That one cheap shot really changed the season for SLU and put Baker's pro career about a year behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post

Geez Brian,

Don't let me get on your bad side!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X