Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU - Summer of 2010

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
    I note that W/O a Peer has fearfully predicted the Saints to finish DFL. Hmm . . . I think it's time for Red Cloud (there's a guy who knows his stuff!) to set him straight. Or maybe he just mixed us up with Farkson, eh?
    Red Cloud is Tom Reale, the man who runs WaP. Just in case you're curious.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
      I note that W/O a Peer has fearfully predicted the Saints to finish DFL. Hmm . . . I think it's time for Red Cloud (there's a guy who knows his stuff!) to set him straight. Or maybe he just mixed us up with Farkson, eh?
      I don't know. I kind of like doubters, so long as we prove them wrong.

Is last possible? Absolutely, especially if Moss gets injured, as nobody else has a lick of substantial gametime.

Comment

Don't count Weninger out.
        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

hey guys,

I've put up two posts in the last 24 hours, one answering questions some of you e-mailed in for me to ask Joe Marsh and another late last night that's a podcast of my interview with Joe Marsh.

The podcast is of particular interest for me, anyway, especially the 7-minute excerpt where Marsh discusses his thoughts about players leaving programs early. It's worth a listen as I feel this is exactly why many people revere Marsh as not only a hockey coach but a person.

Later tonight, I'll have the "Get to Know a Saint" feature with senior Sean Flanagan.

http://watertowndailytimes.com/section/blogs05
          If you are having trouble loading that site, I'm working with our web department on the issue. Try this link if you can't load "Casstle of the Saints": http://watertowndailytimes.com/section/saintstothemax

- Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SLUwriter View Post
            hey guys,

I've put up two posts in the last 24 hours, one answering questions some of you e-mailed in for me to ask Joe Marsh and another late last night that's a podcast of my interview with Joe Marsh.

The podcast is of particular interest for me, anyway, especially the 7-minute excerpt where Marsh discusses his thoughts about players leaving programs early. It's worth a listen as I feel this is exactly why many people revere Marsh as not only a hockey coach but a person.

Later tonight, I'll have the "Get to Know a Saint" feature with senior Sean Flanagan.

If you are having trouble loading that site, I'm working with our web department on the issue. Try this link if you can't load "Casstle of the Saints": http://watertowndailytimes.com/section/saintstothemax

- Dan
            Great stuff as always Dan......much appreciated and keep it coming for us die hards!!!!
            SLU

Comment

Just finished watching the Wild vs. Columbus.

The Wild lost but Drew Bagnall had some great hits and made the highlight reel. One post game report out of St. Paul says that he has survived another cut and will travel to Finland with the team to play in the next games.

Great game photo of him in his NHL uni vs. the Canadiens here: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Second+period+outburst+tames+Wild/3583622/story.html

I hope he gets his shot this year. He looked right at home in the NHL tonight.
              St. Lawrence University
              World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Here is the blog post that suggests Bagnall has survived the final cut and will open the regular NHL season for the Wild in Finland next week:

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2010/9/30/1723834/minnesota-wild-vs-columbus-blue-jackets-game-recap

(sorry if that link doesn't take- iPad doesn't seem to get it.)
                St. Lawrence University
                World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Great interview with Joe. We have the best coach in the land hands down. And I'm talking hockey at every level from Pee-Wee to NHL.
                  Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                    Great interview with Joe. We have the best coach in the land hands down. And I'm talking hockey at every level from Pee-Wee to NHL.
                    You can say that again. And, he's an even better person to boot. The thing I've always really liked/admired about SLU and us fans is that, even in the lean years (and Joe has had some of those), there was not so much as a whisper from ANYBODY about his job. That speaks volumes about Joe, SLU, and us fans.

Hard to believe the season starts tomorrow. When it ended in Albany, October seemed light years away but here we are. Time does, indeed, fly by.

Great interviews with Joe on Dan's website. I was the one who thought somebody had told me once that Joe did magic tricks - yet another case that my memory is fading fast.

Nice news on the guys playing at higher levels. Congrats. to all of them. I think "Bags" is going to start the season in the NHL.

I am glad that Macker ended up at SLU. Great player and great family, and that pass to Carden late in the 3rd CCT game was so perfect there was no doubt where that puck was going to end up. That was as pretty a play as I've ever seen.

GO SAINTS
                    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Home for the weekend, so I'll be headed to the Carleton game tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing the new guys, and seeing how the team looks overall.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                        You have that right. SLU is very lucky to have Joe Marsh. Wish I could be at the game tonight. Oh well, TP Crew bring home the W!
                        SLU '97

Comment

That was a great blog by Casstle of the Saints. Coach Marsh is so right on about kids leaving college to go pro, my favorite quote..." You leave Harvard to play go Major Junior?".
                          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Anyone go to the game tonight??? How about a first hand report....Brandon I think you said you would be home and watching. How did we look???
                            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                              Anyone go to the game tonight??? How about a first hand report....Brandon I think you said you would be home and watching. How did we look???
                              Not bad at all, Mike. Most of the returners sat tonight (Kyle, Moss, Hughes, Child, Bogosian...) but the freshmen look pretty good. Wick, Essery and Baker were very physical and looked good, Carey does indeed have a great shot and showed it a few times, Spacaccini and Weninger both looked VERY good in net as well, with Spads stopping 2 breakaways in the 1st and shutting Carleton out for 2 periods.

It was good to see the offense come through tonight, with 3 or 4 of the goals coming off shots from the point and either deflected (Flanagan, Mobley) or straight in (Dyer, Dewey).

Vangog is ridiculously tall with skates, almost a full head and neck above everybody else.

I'm undecided on if I like the new icing rule while shorthanded, which was in effect tonight for the exhibition game. I like how it truly penalizes the team who is shorthanded, as it definitely penalizes you; but its still sort of one of those things we have grown up seeing teams be able to do. One game isn't a great sample size, and the refs did a good job of evening up the penalties when a team did get a powerplay tonight, so there weren't too many instances of it.

Comment

Hey guys,

I put all the video highlights and player interviews up on the blog tonight. I have to go home for a family thing for a couple days, so the blog will be silent until Tuesday, but I made sure to put the videos up before I left for the night.

Hope those of you who made it to the game enjoyed what you saw. I know the Saints looked pretty darn good even if Carleton was dragging toward the end.

And to those who didn't make it to the game, a reminder, I run a live blog during the game with video highlights and analysis. I hope you enjoy that too.

See you all again next week!

- Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X