Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for BC and Miami fans

Who to root for in the Wisky/RIT game?

Sure, Wisky has a much more impressive resume and on paper is a much better team...so knee-jerk reaction is to say you want RIT to win.

...but just look at Duke and Butler last night. Who in their right mind would have wanted to play Butler? Crowd is going to back the underdog, particularly if they're a big underdog (as RIT was entering the tourney) and the crowd at Ford Field would undoubtedly be cheering hard for RIT vs. either BC or Miami should they make it through.

So what say you?

Re: Question for BC and Miami fans

Originally posted by BCMike22 View Post
    Who to root for in the Wisky/RIT game?

Sure, Wisky has a much more impressive resume and on paper is a much better team...so knee-jerk reaction is to say you want RIT to win.

...but just look at Duke and Butler last night. Who in their right mind would have wanted to play Butler? Crowd is going to back the underdog, particularly if they're a big underdog (as RIT was entering the tourney) and the crowd at Ford Field would undoubtedly be cheering hard for RIT vs. either BC or Miami should they make it through.

So what say you?
    I'm concerned about Miami, not the following game..
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      I'm concerned about Miami, not the following game..
      I love it when people do this.

Well, if BC loses, then you can blame me for posting this thread and blowing my concentration on the upcoming game Thursday. I hope the kids will someday forgive me should we blow the chance at playing because I posted this thread.

Comment

Probably going to go with RIT. They are the underdog, which is a favorite of the casual observer. I like Wisconsin, but let's be real. 6 titles in 10 appearances in the FF so far... I think they could use their win % to come down a bit.

BC vs. Wisconsin, however, sets up a heavyweight fight on Saturday night and would draw a lot bigger audience on ESPN. And a chance for some 2006 payback.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Probably RIT...if Miami wins Wisconsin is the scarier team. If Miami looses, RIT just so I can have a strong rooting interest at the game Saturday night. Everyone loves an underdog. Would love to see what ratings a Miami/RIT final would draw. lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Probably going to go with RIT. They are the underdog, which is a favorite of the casual observer. I like Wisconsin, but let's be real. 6 titles in 10 appearances in the FF so far... I think they could use their win % to come down a bit.

BC vs. Wisconsin, however, sets up a heavyweight fight on Saturday night and would draw a lot bigger audience on ESPN. And a chance for some 2006 payback.
            i know the fans may view a bc-wisco final as a 'payback' game for '06 but only 1 player from wisconsin actually played in that game so i dont buy it from a players' perspective..... fairly sure jerry york and mike eaves get along to since he sent both his kids to bc
            NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
            HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
            BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

I love it when people do this.

Well, if BC loses, then you can blame me for posting this thread and blowing my concentration on the upcoming game Thursday. I hope the kids will someday forgive me should we blow the chance at playing because I posted this thread.
              Even if one were to believe in this kind of thing jinxing their team, I think this thread is OK, as it's asking fans on both sides of the Semi, not just one.

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
              fairly sure jerry york and mike eaves get along to since he sent both his kids to bc
              Yeah, but did you see what BC did to Ben?

He was injured a lot.
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

with out a doubt, RIT!

Comment

My wife and I are going to root for RIT. It's a nice underdog story. Kind of like last night's Duke/Butler game. It's nothing against Wisconsin, we've been to a couple of games there including the Camp Randall Classic back in February, and enjoyed ourselves. They have a fantastic fan base. But, we are still going to pull for the Tigers. It doesn't matter much since we, obviously, hope to see BC beat Miami and the RIT/Wisconsin winner for a fourth National Championship!

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                    Even if one were to believe in this kind of thing jinxing their team, I think this thread is OK, as it's asking fans on both sides of the Semi, not just one.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?!?!? YOU'RE GOING TO JINX IT FOR ALL OF US!!

Comment

Of course the sensible answer is that the Miami game is the one that matters. But if BC were to win the whole shebang I'd be rooting for Wisconsin in the matinee. That way, BC couldn't be accused of dodging any bullets.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?!?!? YOU'RE GOING TO JINX IT FOR ALL OF US!!
                        All 4 teams are going to lose now! [/evil laughter]

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        Of course the sensible answer is that the Miami game is the one that matters. But if BC were to win the whole shebang I'd be rooting for Wisconsin in the matinee. That way, BC couldn't be accused of dodging any bullets.
                        They've already beat Alaska and Yale - who would accuse BC of "dodging bullets"?
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

I'm not sure that's the case. If you're a college hockey fan you're watching. If you're not then you don't know who the heavywights are anyway and if you gonna watch it's probably because you're over a buddies house or in a bar where it's on. (and Tiger doesn't make the cut)
                          sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                            I'm not sure that's the case. If you're a college hockey fan you're watching. If you're not then you don't know who the heavywights are anyway and if you gonna watch it's probably because you're over a buddies house or in a bar where it's on. (and Tiger doesn't make the cut)
                            Wisconsin is a giant Big10 school. Of course they're going to bring more viewers. It'll be easier for ESPN to promote as well as a result of this. BC-RIT wouldn't come close to BC-Wisc ratings. Not that it matters but still...

BC already dodged North Dakota. The fanboys already have their ammo in case BC grabs title #4.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

With apologies to RIT - Any college hockey fan, regardless of what team they follow, would be lying if they said they'd rather face Wisconsin than RIT, in the NCAA's or not.
                              Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                              X