Windsor Spitfires at Plymouth (MI) Whalers Wednesday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windsor Spitfires at Plymouth (MI) Whalers Wednesday night

Is anyone going? Plymouth is approx. half hour from Detroit. I really really want to go, but won't have a car (can't afford to rent either). Would greatly appreciate a ride as I'd love to get to shoot some of the USA kids on both teams.

There are both some already drafted top prospects and some who will go early in the upcoming draft between the two teams and it is a game 4 (Windsor is currently up by 1 game) so it should be good hockey.

Pretty please (and if it isn't obvious - I would not be inflicting my presence on you at the game, just need the ride)!!!

-Melissa

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Re: Windsor Spitfires at Plymouth (MI) Whalers Wednesday night

Originally posted by mwade View Post
    Is anyone going? Plymouth is approx. half hour from Detroit. I really really want to go, but won't have a car (can't afford to rent either). Would greatly appreciate a ride as I'd love to get to shoot some of the USA kids on both teams.

There are both some already drafted top prospects and some who will go early in the upcoming draft between the two teams and it is a game 4 (Windsor is currently up by 1 game) so it should be good hockey.

Pretty please (and if it isn't obvious - I would not be inflicting my presence on you at the game, just need the ride)!!!

-Melissa
    Melissa,

I am a UAH Charger player (86-90) and now live in the Windsor area and am a Spitfires season ticket holder. While I am a loyal college hockey fan, with the Spits and Major Junior hockey in my backyard my boys and I love to go to the games. not sure when you are getting into Detroit area, but its too bad that you can`t get to one of the games in this series in Windsor. The rink in Windsor is actually probably closer to downtown Detroit that the Compuware rink in Plymouth. The Windsor rink is 1 year old and essentially a mini-NHL rink with all the ammenities you would see at a new NHL facility. The Spits also sell out almost every home game, and with the rivalry with the Whalers, the Windsor rink will be packed and raucous. Game one was a great game with a sellout in Windsor, lots of action and a couple of good tilts! Not only do you have what is predicted to be 1 and 2 NHL draft picks but also another top 5 in Fowler and a couple more first rounders as well. I note that Game 5 (in Windsor) and Game 6 (in Plymouth) conflict with NCAA final four, but if you are in town this monday you should try to get across the border and to the game in Windsor. If there is a game 7 and you are in town next Monday, you should try to get to that game in Windsor. Again, great atmosphere here and the Plymouth rink rarely fills up. Although there will most certainly be lots of Spits fans heading over the river to Plymouth!

Paul.

Comment

hmm, the three top prospects in the draft (Hall, Seguin, Fowler) and another night of playoff hockey...that actually makes me regret not being there this year.
      I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

I get in super early on Wednesday in order to shoot the practices and I leave early on Sunday so Wednesday night's game is my only chance.

Come on, someone who will be in Detroit with a car on Wednesday has to want to go! Pretty please - I swear I won't sing along to your car radio and cause you to have an accident!!

Help!!

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Mellisa, I may be able to assist and will know more about my schedule tomorrow night. I was planning on going to this game assuming it works into my work schedule which is frozen four dependent. If I can do it ill post back in this thread with my email tomorrow night....well probably Sunday morning cause MSU Bball plays tomorrow night.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

Working...
          X