PDA

View Full Version : No re-entry between games on Thursday

Pages : [1] 2

Magness Maniac
04-02-2010, 03:02 PM
This information is from emails with Event Coordinator Crista Burns at Events@DetroitLions.com:

"...there will not be re-entry between or during games on Thursday, April 8th or Saturday, April 10th.

We will have food and beverage options available at our Concession Stands throughout the stadium. Additional seating will be available for concession guests behind Sections 114-119 on the St. Antoine concourse.

Also, our South Club Concessions will be open for all guests. This area will feature Philly Cheese Steak, Nachos Supreme, Deli Sandwiches, Salads, Cheeseburgers, Turkey Burgers, Veggie Burgers, Hot Dogs, Bratwurst and more. This area has a Big Boy Restaurant stand & Cottage Inn Pizza stand.

We are accepting reservations for the In-Between Game Buffet in The North Club! Chef's Buffet Table will feature BBQ Chicken, Cavatappi pasta with Grilled Chicken and Alfredo Sauce, various salads and house made Macaroni and Cheese. Please call Sandy Millward with Levy Restaurants at 313-262-2175 prior to your arrival.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer beer at the concession or buffet areas. The cost is $19.95 for Adults & $10.95 for kids 10 & Under...."

Thank you,
Crista Burns
Event Coordinator

STATEdude3
04-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I have heard this same thing before past frozen fours, yet when we got there, reentry was granted.

jen
04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
there's a Big Boy at Ford Field?!?!?

STATEdude3
04-02-2010, 03:09 PM
there's a Big Boy at Ford Field?!?!?

Big Boy's proud to be a Michigan thing...at least thats what their 2,000,000 commercials always remind us.:p

lkenney
I have heard this same thing before past frozen fours, yet when we got there, reentry was granted.

Like last year. With bars and restaurants right outside the arena, it was perfect.

jen
Big Boy's proud to be a Michigan thing...at least thats what their 2,000,000 commercials always remind us.:p

I mean, I knew they were still all over Michigan (ours all closed, I think), but inside the stadium!! awesome.

although breakfast is my favorite meal at Big Boy.. do they have all day breakfast too? or, since it's a stand, is it just burgers and such?

edit: sorry to hijack the thread. :o no re-entry sucks, although I don't recall actually being forced to stay inside the arena since they went to a single semi-final ticket.. but my memory could be........ slightly fuzzy on the subject. :)

MikeAnderson
04-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I mean, I knew they were still all over Michigan (ours all closed, I think), but inside the stadium!! awesome.

although breakfast is my favorite meal at Big Boy.. do they have all day breakfast too? or, since it's a stand, is it just burgers and such?

I bet Five Guys would work great as a concession stand. :)

STATEdude3
04-02-2010, 03:18 PM

The Big Boy in the stadium is just burgers and stuff. It's really just the Big Boy name. As for Five Guys...our first one just opened in Greektown last week. I'm going to have to give it a try soon!

BCMike22
04-02-2010, 03:34 PM

Just what I need....to have a grabber in between games and miss the BC game...

Onion Man
04-02-2010, 04:18 PM
5 Guys Burgers rule.

Tweedle Dee
04-02-2010, 04:23 PM
5 Guys Burgers rule.

Amen

jmh
04-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I bet Five Guys would work great as a concession stand. :)Five Guys is great. My first instinct would be to say that they're too slow to work as a stadium concession, but they made Shake Shack work at Citi Field so maybe Five Guys could too. They'd probably have to limit the topping options available, though. Plus you'd be more likely to run into issues with peanut allergies.

MikeAnderson
04-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Five Guys is great. My first instinct would be to say that they're too slow to work as a stadium concession, but they made Shake Shack work at Citi Field so maybe Five Guys could too. They'd probably have to limit the topping options available, though. Plus you'd be more likely to run into issues with peanut allergies.

Dropping the peanuts is easy enough, and the service is no slower than I've gotten in any "major league" concessionaire, ever.

beaverhockey
04-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Today's potoatoes from Shoeshone, Idaho!

Ralph Baer
04-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Five Guys is great. My first instinct would be to say that they're too slow to work as a stadium concession, but they made Shake Shack work at Citi Field so maybe Five Guys could too. They'd probably have to limit the topping options available, though. Plus you'd be more likely to run into issues with peanut allergies.

5 Guys has a concession at Nationals Stadium. I suspect that they don't have peanuts as that is the case at their locations at the DC airports.

miamisteve
04-05-2010, 08:24 AM
i first had five guys one year ago during my visit to DC for the FF - it's now a staple of my diet...

as for the Big Boy - IIRC the stands at FF are simply burgers and fries and the like, no breakfast. But still good food nonetheless.

STATEdude3
04-05-2010, 08:39 AM
i first had five guys one year ago during my visit to DC for the FF - it's now a staple of my diet...

as for the Big Boy - IIRC the stands at FF are simply burgers and fries and the like, no breakfast. But still good food nonetheless.

That is correct. The closes Big Boy full service restaurant is at Jefferson Ave. and Grand Ave., at the foot of the bridge to beautiful Belle Isle park.

bigblue_dl
04-05-2010, 09:21 AM
What is the problem with peanuts? It isn't like there aren't already 2000 people at the stadium eating in-shell peanuts already. :confused:

Dirty
04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
People with peanut allergies are just weak and will die anyways. I don't see why others should be deprived of Five Guys awesomeness.

mookie1995
04-05-2010, 07:57 PM
1) people will be allowed out to smoke. so get your wrist band and go smoke for an hour :p

2) isn't the 'meet and greet' usually taking up most of that hour-90 minute break anyhows?!?;)

is there a lions museum in the bldg? heinz has a big stillers exhibit on the east side of the stadium. i'd like to get a look around during the break.