PDA

View Full Version : What are people doing Friday?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BCMike22
04-01-2010, 08:44 AM
For those making the trip and staying the duration...what are your plans?

I'd like to go to the Tigers game (buddy of mine who will hopefully be coming with me from tATL is a big Tigers fan), but I understand they sell out pretty quick and I'm not looking to get bent over for a Tigers ticket from scalpers.

What other good things around D-Town are people planning on doing?

STATEdude3
04-01-2010, 08:49 AM

I'd like to go to the Tigers game (buddy of mine who will hopefully be coming with me from tATL is a big Tigers fan), but I understand they sell out pretty quick and I'm not looking to get bent over for a Tigers ticket from scalpers.

You can get tickets for face value if you wait until the end of the first inning and are willing to miss all that pregame crap.

As for things to do Friday...the bars will be packed starting at 10am and that will not end until 2am Saturday. There is a block party in Grand Circus Park with live music, and food and stuff. Also, there is an open practice for the 2 teams playing Saturday at Ford Field.

TonyTheTiger20
04-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Isn't the Skills Challenge on Friday?

STATEdude3
04-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Isn't the Skills Challenge on Friday?

Yes, along with the HB presentation.

TonyTheTiger20
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I'd recommend going to that, BCMike. It was a good time in Denver. Also, one of BC's all-time greatest women's players will be participating, in Allie Thunstrom. One of the fastest skaters you'll ever see.

BCMike22
04-01-2010, 09:35 AM
You can get tickets for face value if you wait until the end of the first inning and are willing to miss all that pregame crap.

As for things to do Friday...the bars will be packed starting at 10am and that will not end until 2am Saturday. There is a block party in Grand Circus Park with live music, and food and stuff. Also, there is an open practice for the 2 teams playing Saturday at Ford Field.

Thank you. I might do the skills competition, but I don't need to see the practices...

Block party sounds like fun!

yankeefn01
04-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Comerica is an awesome ball park. Go to the game.

STATEdude3
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Thank you. I might do the skills competition, but I don't need to see the practices...

Block party sounds like fun!

The "Frozen Fest" that has been at past frozen fours will also be going on in Detroit. It will be located inside the Renaissance Center.

MUhawks628
04-01-2010, 09:56 AM
If you haven't been to Comerica before it is worth it for sure. I was planning on dusting off my golf swing but it is going to be 55 and rainy on Friday. So on second thought maybe the Tigers game is a bad idea lol

Jenna
04-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I would guess some people would get up around noon and then maybe bar hop most of Friday. But I really won't give any names:)

go BC

candycanes99
04-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I did really enjoy the open practice last year, but maybe that's just because Parker is able to keep people from watching usually. I don't know if York's practices are technically open to the public, but I know once after I bought tickets for an upcoming game at Conte I just walked in and watched, no one asked me what I was doing or seemed to care. :rolleyes:

There was a lot to do in DC that everyone anticipated they'd want to do, lots of tourist attractions. It might be a little harder in Detroit, but if you've never been there's always "culture-y" spots to check out.

Jenna
04-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I did really enjoy the open practice last year, but maybe that's just because Parker is able to keep people from watching usually. I don't know if York's practices are technically open to the public, but I know once after I bought tickets for an upcoming game at Conte I just walked in and watched, no one asked me what I was doing or seemed to care. :rolleyes:

There was a lot to do in DC that everyone anticipated they'd want to do, lots of tourist attractions. It might be a little harder in Detroit, but if you've never been there's always "culture-y" spots to check out.

I believe most times you can watch practice at BC. I never heard anyone before say it's been closed.

amherstblackbear
04-01-2010, 10:15 AM
It's the Tigers' home opener right?

Might go to the game if scalpers aren't too crazy. Might go to Canada . . . I dunno . . . just because it's there.

Red Cloud
04-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Probably take advantage of the copious and inexpensive Detroit blow.

redhawk95
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Detroit Institute of Art is awesome so I'm planning to spend a few hours there. The Science Museum is also fun.

BCMike22
04-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Probably take advantage of the copious and inexpensive Detroit blow.

Well that would make just about everything fun.

Dirty
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Recovering from a gunshot wound.

STATEdude3
04-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Some people asked for parking information, so I added that to the travel guide...I also got a group of people together and we are operating a phone system to assist out of towners next weekend. Here is the updated guide...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mw5zlvmzx3y

northeastern
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
..just walk into the lobby of the GM bldg.

Tell the guard you're M. Moore & want to see the CEO or someone from public relations.

That should make the afternoon fly by..
Plus you'll be on TV with your school jersey:)

Slasher7
04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
If I cant get into the Tigers game, I'll be likely spending the day at HockeyTown and heading to GreekTown that evening before going back to the hotel.