What are people doing Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are people doing Friday?

For those making the trip and staying the duration...what are your plans?

I'd like to go to the Tigers game (buddy of mine who will hopefully be coming with me from tATL is a big Tigers fan), but I understand they sell out pretty quick and I'm not looking to get bent over for a Tigers ticket from scalpers.

What other good things around D-Town are people planning on doing?

Re: What are people doing Friday?

Originally posted by BCMike22 View Post

I'd like to go to the Tigers game (buddy of mine who will hopefully be coming with me from tATL is a big Tigers fan), but I understand they sell out pretty quick and I'm not looking to get bent over for a Tigers ticket from scalpers.

You can get tickets for face value if you wait until the end of the first inning and are willing to miss all that pregame crap.

As for things to do Friday...the bars will be packed starting at 10am and that will not end until 2am Saturday. There is a block party in Grand Circus Park with live music, and food and stuff. Also, there is an open practice for the 2 teams playing Saturday at Ford Field.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Isn't the Skills Challenge on Friday?
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Isn't the Skills Challenge on Friday?
        Yes, along with the HB presentation.
        MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

I'd recommend going to that, BCMike. It was a good time in Denver. Also, one of BC's all-time greatest women's players will be participating, in Allie Thunstrom. One of the fastest skaters you'll ever see.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
            You can get tickets for face value if you wait until the end of the first inning and are willing to miss all that pregame crap.

As for things to do Friday...the bars will be packed starting at 10am and that will not end until 2am Saturday. There is a block party in Grand Circus Park with live music, and food and stuff. Also, there is an open practice for the 2 teams playing Saturday at Ford Field.

Thank you. I might do the skills competition, but I don't need to see the practices...

Block party sounds like fun!

Comment

Comerica is an awesome ball park. Go to the game.
              Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
              when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
              "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Thank you. I might do the skills competition, but I don't need to see the practices...

Block party sounds like fun!
                The "Frozen Fest" that has been at past frozen fours will also be going on in Detroit. It will be located inside the Renaissance Center.
                MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

If you haven't been to Comerica before it is worth it for sure. I was planning on dusting off my golf swing but it is going to be 55 and rainy on Friday. So on second thought maybe the Tigers game is a bad idea lol

Comment

I would guess some people would get up around noon and then maybe bar hop most of Friday. But I really won't give any names

go BC
                    FLOCK THIS...

~KNOW YOUR ROLE~

Comment

I did really enjoy the open practice last year, but maybe that's just because Parker is able to keep people from watching usually. I don't know if York's practices are technically open to the public, but I know once after I bought tickets for an upcoming game at Conte I just walked in and watched, no one asked me what I was doing or seemed to care.

There was a lot to do in DC that everyone anticipated they'd want to do, lots of tourist attractions. It might be a little harder in Detroit, but if you've never been there's always "culture-y" spots to check out.
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                        I did really enjoy the open practice last year, but maybe that's just because Parker is able to keep people from watching usually. I don't know if York's practices are technically open to the public, but I know once after I bought tickets for an upcoming game at Conte I just walked in and watched, no one asked me what I was doing or seemed to care.

There was a lot to do in DC that everyone anticipated they'd want to do, lots of tourist attractions. It might be a little harder in Detroit, but if you've never been there's always "culture-y" spots to check out.
                        I believe most times you can watch practice at BC. I never heard anyone before say it's been closed.
                        FLOCK THIS...

~KNOW YOUR ROLE~

Comment

It's the Tigers' home opener right?

Might go to the game if scalpers aren't too crazy. Might go to Canada . . . I dunno . . . just because it's there.
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Probably take advantage of the copious and inexpensive Detroit blow.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Detroit Institute of Art is awesome so I'm planning to spend a few hours there. The Science Museum is also fun.
                              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                              X