Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are people doing Friday?

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Probably take advantage of the copious and inexpensive Detroit blow.
    Well that would make just about everything fun.

Comment

Recovering from a gunshot wound.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Some people asked for parking information, so I added that to the travel guide...I also got a group of people together and we are operating a phone system to assist out of towners next weekend. Here is the updated guide...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mw5zlvmzx3y
        MICHIGAN STATE
        1966:1986:2007

Comment

..just walk into the lobby of the GM bldg.

Tell the guard you're M. Moore & want to see the CEO or someone from public relations.

That should make the afternoon fly by..
          Plus you'll be on TV with your school jersey
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If I cant get into the Tigers game, I'll be likely spending the day at HockeyTown and heading to GreekTown that evening before going back to the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              If I cant get into the Tigers game, I'll be likely spending the day at HockeyTown and heading to GreekTown that evening before going back to the hotel.
              Slasher, what hotel are you staying at?
              MICHIGAN STATE
              1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                Slasher, what hotel are you staying at?
                We're staying out of town near the airport. I forget the name. Ramada Inn in Taylor near a hooters? We rented a car because we didn't want to spend the money to stay in the city.

Speaking of bars, will Hockey Town be serving beer at 10am on that Friday or do they make you wait until noon?

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                  Detroit Institute of Art is awesome so I'm planning to spend a few hours there. The Science Museum is also fun.
                  We'll probably do the DIA, too. Haven't been there for a while, and we are members.

Don't forget the Henry Ford out in Dearborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    We're staying out of town near the airport. I forget the name. Ramada Inn in Taylor near a hooters? We rented a car because we didn't want to spend the money to stay in the city.

Speaking of bars, will Hockey Town be serving beer at 10am on that Friday or do they make you wait until noon?
                    Can't sell until noon on Sunday's only.

At 10:00am, there will most likely be a line to get in the place.

If you have never experienced a Tigers Opening Day in Detroit, you are in for one heck of a good time.

Weather will make a difference obviously, but it still will be quite crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by JD Doe View Post
                      Can't sell until noon on Sunday's only.

At 10:00am, there will most likely be a line to get in the place.

If you have never experienced a Tigers Opening Day in Detroit, you are in for one heck of a good time.

Weather will make a difference obviously, but it still will be quite crazy...
                      Ive been to Opening Day at Fenway and Wrigley, so I hope the experience is close to that. I'm sure we'll be in town as early as needed to get into HockeYTown. We'll probalbly see about scoring some standing room/scalper tickets after the game starts, if not I'll be at the bar watching on TV.

Comment

I got four tickets fir the tigers opener when they went on sale a couple Saturdays ago... So that's an option. I am of course still awaiting an Oakland Hills member to invite me out-- so everything else is on holding depending on that.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BCMike22 View Post
                          For those making the trip and staying the duration...what are your plans?
                          *****http://images0.choiceshirts.com/images/A5/17/A5170B-md-b.jpg******
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

My wife, daughter and I plan to head into Windsor to poke around for the day. Looks like Windsor has a nice park and some sights to see, plus they've never been out of the country before and my wife wants to see some of Canada. On Saturday, we are going to the Tigers game in the afternoon before going to the National Championship game. We wanted to make it a full weekend.

Comment

I've been to 4 opening day's in different cities. Detroit's is legendary! It's about the only good thing left about the city.
                              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

gotta love the skills competition with only 6 of the original mens players selected participating.

east:
                                Sean Backman, Yale - signed with dallas
                                Bobby Butler, New Hampshire - signed with ottawa
                                Owen Meyer, Army
                                Neil Musselwhite, Oswego State

Ben Smith, Boston College - i assume was replaced with bc making the frozen four
                                Brandon Wong, Quinnipiac - signed with grand rapids (ahl)
                                Jared DeMichiel, RIT - i assume was replaced with bc making the frozen four
                                Ben Scrivens, Cornell

west:
                                Cody Chupp, Ferris State - signed with texas (ahl)
                                Zach Harrison, Minnesota State Mankato
                                Steven Kampfer, Michigan - signed with boston
                                Kyle Lawson, Notre Dame - signed with carolina
                                Tony Lucia, Minnesota - signed with san jose
                                Chris McKelvie, Bemidji State - signed with hartford (ahl)
                                Brian Stewart, Northern Michigan
                                Andrew Volkening, Air Force

should be interesting to see who the replacements are... that said, if musselwhite doesn't win the fastest skater competition i will be stunned... kid can flat out fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X