Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
    No doubt, but I was referring specifically to the points CHC mentioned in the post Noreaster quoted.

(And you could have left of the "(and counting)"; yes, the Flyers won tonight, making it 9, but in college, he couldn't have won more than 8 (not to mention the single-elimination format in college).)
    Yeah, the reason he didn't win 8 playoff games at UNH was because the national tournament is only 4 games long .
    "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
      Yeah, the reason he didn't win 8 playoff games at UNH was because the national tournament is only 4 games long .
      You know what I'm saying, though. It's tough to compare a league in which you have 7-game series to a league (referring to college as a whole, not just HE) where you might get a 3-game series. He played in 12 games to accumulate those 8 wins, and at worst will have played in 17 games by the end of the Eastern Conf Finals. In his rookie year at UNH, the most he could have played was 9. So, to say, "I'm pretty sure he didn't...win eight playoff games (and counting) during his rookie season at UNH" is a specious argument. It would be like saying, "JVR never won a Beanpot while at UNH".

I know what you meant (I think), that JVR never helped UNH get to the NCAA semifinals, but that's a little different than what you actually typed.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Random question for all you UNH faithful. Was there ever a Chris Walsh that played for UNH sometime recently? Just wondering, thanks.
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
          Random question for all you UNH faithful. Was there ever a Chris Walsh that played for UNH sometime recently? Just wondering, thanks.
          As long as your definition of recently is since 1999, the I don't believe so.

www.unhwildcats.com doesn't have archived rosters back very far, so that wasn't much help. I didn't do a whole lot of giving, because I just don't recognize the name.

Why do you ask?
          I haven't been on here in a year...
          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

There was a Chris Walsh that played for RPI from 1986-1988 and one that played for Quinnipiac for one season in 2005-2006. There was a Tim Walsh that played for UNH in the late 90's.
            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Long time- no post. How about that JVR. Must have been a UNH recruiting anomaly.Seriously now, I watched a lot of NHL playoffs this year and I think James has looked good right through all I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                As long as your definition of recently is since 1999, the I don't believe so.

www.unhwildcats.com doesn't have archived rosters back very far, so that wasn't much help. I didn't do a whole lot of giving, because I just don't recognize the name.

Why do you ask?
                Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                There was a Chris Walsh that played for RPI from 1986-1988 and one that played for Quinnipiac for one season in 2005-2006. There was a Tim Walsh that played for UNH in the late 90's.
                Hmmm, these are both interesting answers. I met a guy who claims to have played for UNH and he's 26. So obviously he's lying because I did some research on it too haha... Thanks though for the info!

Fighting Sioux
                Michigan Tech Huskies

Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)

Comment

Hmmm, these are both interesting answers. I met a guy who claims to have played for UNH and he's 26. So obviously he's lying because I did some research on it too haha... Thanks though for the info!
                  It's possible that he meant the Club team.

EDIT: The Club team's website only goes back to the 2006-2007 season. If he's 26 and played club, that would likely place him as a senior for the 2005-06 season.
                  Last edited by freak; 05-25-2010, 11:22 PM.
                  113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                    It's possible that he meant the Club team.

EDIT: The Club team's website only goes back to the 2006-2007 season. If he's 26 and played club, that would likely place him as a senior for the 2005-06 season.
                    Oh, I didn't know you guys had a club team. That could possibly be it. Thanks!

Fighting Sioux
                    Michigan Tech Huskies

(See what I did there?)

Comment

Doesn't ring a bell. I knew a lot of the guys on the club team from reffing/playing, but a few probably didn't.
                      "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

The official schedule has been announced

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2010-11/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post

Out of confrence games

@ Miami
                          @ Miami
                          vs. Michigan
                          @ Cornell
                          vs. Brown
                          Dartmouth - in Manchester.

ECAC and CCHA no WCHA this year.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Out of confrence games

@ Miami
                            @ Miami
                            vs. Michigan
                            @ Cornell
                            vs. Brown
                            Dartmouth - in Manchester.

ECAC and CCHA no WCHA this year.
                            St. Lawrence in Durham as well. Definitely looking forward to seeing Michigan this year

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post

wow, 2 at Miami , home with Michigan at Cornell and at BC......that's 5 of the first 6 games with perennial powerhouses with always tough NU in there as well. That is a great early schedule.

Comment

We get to see early and often if UNH has found a goaltender with that schedule... Also the last month looks extraordinarily tough with many games outside of Durham, hope this team has grit...
                                UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Working...
                                X