Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    Do you even know one single person in this group, which you have so needlessly berated?
    Tell you what. I usually give people what cell phone users on the highway give everyone when they get the horn: the patented lookaway. But you're, for the most part, harmless ham 'n eggers, and UNH fans to boot, so I'll clue you in on something.
    First, it's "whom" you have so needlessly berated?' tCBG is a person.
    Your friend tCBG has chosen to give me negative feedback at every opportunity he has had. I am guaranteed Freedom of Speech by the Bill of Rights. Your President Obama has not yet has that rescinded. If he wants to be a horse's arse, he'll get it back in spades.
    Two things, and we're not going to assign cause and effect yet, but Mr. Umile's wardrobe is indicative of his state of mind, his attitude toward his profession. His job is a business, not a casual weekend hobby. He should dress accordingly.
    The thrown fish is a tradition of a bush league college, copied from someone else. It's taunting to the opposing goalkeeper. "Fish the puck out of the net."
    Those are two things which are keeping UNH from the next step: The Big Time. Take a look. Does Mr. York wear a turtleneck? Does some cretin at Conte Forum throw a stinking fish on the ice?
    I've backed off from mentioning either of these two items this year, because I'll always admit if I'm wrong, and I'll never say I told you so.
    Last edited by billb; 04-20-2010, 07:51 PM.
    "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
    Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
      Your friend tCBG has chosen to give me negative feedback at every opportunity he has had. I am guaranteed Freedom of Speech by the Bill of Rights. Your President Obama has not yet haD that rescinded. If he wants to be a horse's arse, he'll get it back in spades.
      I've given you negative feedback at "every opportunity"? That's a blatant lie. How many times did you post before I sent you a negative rep? How many have I sent you in the past? 2? 3? Maybe 4? That's "every opportunity"?

I don't know the exact answer to either of those questions, and I couldn't say for sure what was in any of the messages I've sent you in private, other than the last one. I would have to guess that they all contained similar content as the last, in which I called you an arse. I don't think anyone would disagree with that assessment of you, especially since others have posted in agreement. You come back with a post laced with blatant fabrications about me.

Yet, I'm the one being a "horse's arse"? That's rich.

Bill, we should meet up at a game sometime, I'd like to have this printed on a t-shirt and give it to you:

*****http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/17636/original/wahmbulance.jpg******
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Two things, and we're not going to assign cause and effect yet, but Mr. Umile's wardrobe is indicative of his state of mind, his attitude toward his profession. His job is a business, not a casual weekend hobby. He should dress accordingly.
        The thrown fish is a tradition of a bush league college, copied from someone else. It's taunting to the opposing goalkeeper. "Fish the puck out of the net."
        Those are two things which are keeping UNH from the next step: The Big Time. Take a look. Does Mr. York wear a turtleneck? Does some cretin at Conte Forum throw a stinking fish on the ice?
        Perhaps Umile should adopt Jerry York's speech impediment too? Dont be jealous of the fish. Its a great tradition, and it will never go away, regardless of the opinion of some little tool posting on a little message board.

Comment

Tell you what. I usually give people what cell phone users on the highway give everyone when they get the horn: the patented lookaway. But you're, for the most part, harmless ham 'n eggers, and UNH fans to boot, so I'll clue you in on something.
          Your friend tCBG has chosen to give me negative feedback at every opportunity he has had. I am guaranteed Freedom of Speech by the Bill of Rights. Your President Obama has not yet has that rescinded. If he wants to be a horse's arse, he'll get it back in spades.
          I've backed off from mentioning either of these two items this year, because I'll always admit if I'm wrong, and I'll never say I told you so.
          Umile's attire and the fish have NOTHING to do with the successes or failures of the program. That's just ridiculous, and who was the fish toss copied from? I'd be interested in hearing that one.

Comment

I seriously think it's time for you to find a new team. Very, very few times have I seen you post something positive about UNH. You are constantly complaining and griping about everything. Do you really think you sitting here on the USCHO boards complaining about a mock turtleneck and a fish is going to get things changed at the Whitt? Time to decide if UNH is really the team for you.
            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
              complaining about a mock turtleneck and a fish is going to get things changed at the Whitt?
              Yet you seem to think making signs and banging a cowbell will create change. LOL. You UNHers are great comedy, I'll give you that.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                Yet you seem to think making signs and banging a cowbell will create change. LOL. You UNHers are great comedy, I'll give you that.
                They have nothing on you OnionBoy,

I mean Brown Bears 2011 Champions.......comedy gold.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Re: OOC scheduling limitations

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  ...fitting in your non-conference games...sometimes in a holiday "tourney" format...
                  Coach Umile feels it is more important to let his players enjoy break and time with their families.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Nice job missing the point.

People might argue that it helps the team, but really, people just enjoy the "college hockey atmosphere", and miss it at UNH games. Think of the schools at which people say they enjoy going to games. By and large they have good-to-great atmosphere.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

Must be a slow day/week/month/year in the Brown threads, huh?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                        Nice job missing the point.

People might argue that it helps the team, but really, people just enjoy the "college hockey atmosphere", and miss it at UNH games. Think of the schools at which people say they enjoy going to games. By and large they have good-to-great atmosphere.
                        Certainly winning adds a lot to the experience. Speaking about myself, I could go to the greatest game ever but if my team lost in trainwreck fashion (a la 2007 NCAA Final), the experience is going to suck regardless of the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                          Certainly winning adds a lot to the experience. Speaking about myself, I could go to the greatest game ever but if my team lost in trainwreck fashion (a la 2007 NCAA Final), the experience is going to suck regardless of the atmosphere.
                          True, but you don't necessarily know that you're going to win going in. For example, going to Matthews can be fun when the Dog House is in full effect. I've seen UNH lose some crazy games there, and while the loss was frustrating, it was still a fun time.
                          -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                            True, but you don't necessarily know that you're going to win going in. For example, going to Matthews can be fun when the Dog House is in full effect. I've seen UNH lose some crazy games there, and while the loss was frustrating, it was still a fun time.
                            I can see going to a random game with no rooting interest and enjoying an atmosphere (say a game at Yost or at Kohl). I cant see going to a BC vs. game at Cornell, watching BC lose and walk out saying "that was awesome", etc.

Comment

I can see going to a random game with no rooting interest and enjoying an atmosphere (say a game at Yost or at Kohl). I cant see going to a BC vs. game at Cornell, watching BC lose and walk out saying "that was awesome", etc.
                              And I would argue that unless the fans were out of control, or harassed the visiting fans, that seeing your team lose someplace like Lynah, or Yost, or Kohl is more fun/entertaining than watching them lose someplace where there's no atmosphere.

Winning is not the only thing that makes college hockey fun. And it shouldn't be, or else you're going to be disappointed more often than you're going to enjoy yourself.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

I cant see going to a BC vs. game at Cornell, watching BC lose and walk out saying "that was awesome", etc.
                                I can't see anyone going to a game that involves Cornell and having a good time. If Cornell fans weren't so stupid and annoying, I'd feel bad for them.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X