Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2010 off-season thread

Just a thought...

In some inverse, completely unintended way, those BC (B@sterdly Cornholes?) trolls have done me a favor.

Why do we call it flaming? Maybe because it makes my blood boil. And considering all the negative stuff I've said about the program this season and last season and the one before and... well, it's nice to know that I still care! And it's nice to see how many of us care enough about our team to feed the trolls againt all logic that says starving them will kill them.

In regards to the other topic, the original thought of this thread:
    Naked women will only help about half the crowd, give or take. And, in fact, may be detrimental to the on-ice efforts. Although watching Maine players skate into the boards at sight of their first nude female HUMAN would be a hoot...

We've got some goals. Now we need ideas (that don't get abandoned at the first sign of shoot-down).
    Originally posted by state of hockey
    Tecate tonight. Haha!
    Ugh. That was a bad idea.
    Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

Originally posted by WildKitty View Post
      Just a thought...

In some inverse, completely unintended way, those BC (B@sterdly Cornholes?) trolls have done me a favor.

Why do we call it flaming? Maybe because it makes my blood boil. And considering all the negative stuff I've said about the program this season and last season and the one before and... well, it's nice to know that I still care! And it's nice to see how many of us care enough about our team to feed the trolls againt all logic that says starving them will kill them.

In regards to the other topic, the original thought of this thread:
      Naked women will only help about half the crowd, give or take. And, in fact, may be detrimental to the on-ice efforts. Although watching Maine players skate into the boards at sight of their first nude female HUMAN would be a hoot...

We've got some goals. Now we need ideas (that don't get abandoned at the first sign of shoot-down).
      Whatever helps you sleep (with you sister) at night, dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        Whatever helps you sleep (with you sister) at night, dude...
        Yeah, you're not a troll at all.

(Also, way to be even more wrong about WK than billb was about me. That's impressive.)
        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
        -Fred Shero

Comment

• Re: To recap ...

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Why do you care, Nick? You gonna reform 'em for us??
          I just want to make sure I'm not lumped in with those LOSERS!!!

I also want to see what behavior you consider insufferably arrogant these days. There's not many of us left and for the most part I think behavior has been reasonable.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

I also want to see what behavior you consider insufferably arrogant these days. There's not many of us left and for the most part I think behavior has been reasonable.
            Arrogant? Maybe not.

Insufferable? God yes.
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

No less arrogant than the posts days after UHN won the OMG!! Regular Season Champs!! posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                No less arrogant than the posts days after UHN won the OMG!! Regular Season Champs!! posts.
                Most of those posts making any issue about the regular season title were from BC fans - you included.

I don't recall UNH fans as arrogant at all. Most were pleasantly surprised; personally I thought UNH would be lucky to get home ice in H.E. and not a chance at the NCAAs.
                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Someone let me know when Troll season is over, and when BillB goes back into hiding and can actually talk about hockey and not the stupidity the trolls and BillB bring in here. Hopefully they all can find some place else to make them feel important and can say to people look at me I need some sort of validation.

Plenty of other things to talk about besides a bunch of yahoo's who have to go onto other teams threads to get attention on themselves.

2010-11 Schedule- what is the though on the out of conference schedule?
                  Flight Risk- Kessell and Desimonne?
                  Goaltending- what are we looking like for next year?
                  Any impact Freshman?
                  Who will take it to another gear next year?
                  Selection of Captains- good chocies?
                  Will the Freshman improve from this year?

If you ignore the trolls they will find another host to live off of.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                    Arrogant? Maybe not.

Insufferable? God yes.
                    I think that's about right.

And no, Nick ... my comments weren't directed at you personally.

For anyone who cares ... I just had lunch with two BC alums - neither of whom would consider themselves hockey fans. One wasn't even aware of the Eagles' recent FF exploits, and the other only knew that they'd made it to the finals. Told him it was a shame they'd lost it to Wisco ...

Two otherwise well-connected alums who clearly were NOT on Coach York's e-mail distribution last week. So everyone's got room for improvement!
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                      Someone let me know when Troll season is over, and when BillB goes back into hiding and can actually talk about hockey and not the stupidity the trolls and BillB bring in here. Hopefully they all can find some place else to make them feel important and can say to people look at me I need some sort of validation.

Plenty of other things to talk about besides a bunch of yahoo's who have to go onto other teams threads to get attention on themselves.

If you ignore the trolls they will find another host to live off of.
                      This train is thoroughly derailed, but let's try again.

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                      2010-11 Schedule- what is the thought on the out of conference schedule?
                      Flight Risk- Kessell and Desimonne?
                      Goaltending- what are we looking like for next year?
                      Any impact Freshman?
                      Who will take it to another gear next year?
                      Selection of Captains- good chocies?
                      Will the Freshman improve from this year?
                      Likely OOC:
                      2 @ Miami, 1 @ Cornell, 1 neutral-ice against Dartmouth
                      WHY ARE WE ALWAYS SCHEDULED AGAINST SO MUCH RED!!! If it was this year's team... well... AND Why don't they schedule the OOC games ALL in the middle of the season??? We have three right off the bat (so to speak)! How is that supposed to tell us at the end of the year how our team compares? I mean really, let's use our noggins, folks!
                      Okay, I'm better now.
                      * God only knows why Cornell choked in Albany, or what team was really in the UNH sweaters, but I don't expect a repeat there, especially with the next game being @ Lynah, and on a Friday night, to boot.
                      * This year, Miami beat us, then tied with us, on our ice, scoring a lot in both games. I have no clue what their fan base is like at home, but again, I'm not holding out a lot of hope here. Although they did lose and tie at the Gut in '08... And swept VT in Ohio in '07. So there's a lot of consistency to work with there.
                      * As for Dartmouth... they were 9-17-3 this season, 7-12-3 in the ECAC, 2-7-1 Ivy. Um... yeah.

Desimone and Kessel aren't going anywhere. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED. I WON'T HAVE IT. So there.

To the best of my understanding, we have Digirolamo. I think there was this other kid, but he pushed back his enrollment or something. Other faithful know way more about this than I do. I don't think I'm 100% wrong, but man, here's hoping. And as for freshmen... some are coming.

While you're hoping, let's hope that Moses finds hands, DiSimone learns how to share, and Campanale learns when to step into a play and when to butt out. Borisenok, too, for that matter.

Psychic synopsis of next season: You will go to games, you will cheer, and hockey will be played. Some will be bad, some will be good, and you will find reason to laud and to curse the refs, the coach, and the team, sometimes at the same time. This discussion will continue, and a new version will begin again next season.
                      Tecate tonight. Haha!

Comment

I think that's about right.

And no, Nick ... my comments weren't directed at you personally.

For anyone who cares ... I just had lunch with two BC alums - neither of whom would consider themselves hockey fans. One wasn't even aware of the Eagles' recent FF exploits, and the other only knew that they'd made it to the finals. Told him it was a shame they'd lost it to Wisco ...

Two otherwise well-connected alums who clearly were NOT on Coach York's e-mail distribution last week. So everyone's got room for improvement!
                        During my escapades in boston and meeting random folk from BC, I was shocked at how few knew about their hockey teams exploits. I found more often than not I had to educate them and tell them how good they were. its a shame because UNH fans would have killed to have what BC has now.

On the other hand, I would much much rather skate at UNHs rink than BCs. Take the good w/ the bad!
                        "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

• OOC scheduling limitations

Originally posted by WildKitty View Post
                          Why don't they schedule the OOC games ALL in the middle of the season??? We have three right off the bat (so to speak)! How is that supposed to tell us at the end of the year how our team compares? I mean really, let's use our noggins, folks!
                          I think this is the way it works for pretty much ALL D1 teams. You gotta work around the league schedule, and that usually means fitting in your non-conference games at the start of the season, and then after the midseason break - sometimes in a holiday "tourney" format (anyone remember the now defunct Governors Cup w/UNH, UMaine, UMass Lowell and UVM?). Maybe you slot in your local OOC dates on the few remaining common "open" dates on both teams' schedules (Riverstone w/Dartmouth). Hockey East does tweak the Boston schools' schedules to allow them to slot their Beanpot games (Mondays) after single-game weekends. But there's not as much flexibility to do these OOC games later in the season as you might otherwise think.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Really? I kinda had it in my head, most schools come back from holiday break around MLK/Civil Rights day, right? So I figured, put a nation-wide hold on in-conference games a weekend in that area of January. Do one game early in the season, but not at the start - I am definitely pro season openers being IN conference!!! - then two mid-season before winter break is over, but at least a week after the new year, and one more two or three weeks from the end of the season. It seems like the whole nation schedules OOC games first thing, then the weekend after the new year, then wherever's good for the two teams.

I'm not a schedule-creator by calling or vocation, and I think creating the ministry schedule at church might MAYBE be a little easier than doing OOC scheduling, but whaddaya think? It's just gotta be nation-wide, right? Always helps when a higher power says "Here's what we're doing this year."

I know this is wishful thinking, but it sure would be nice: a taste of beginning, middle, and end; some idea of how we've grown as a team compared to the world outside of Hockey East.
                            Last edited by WildKitty; 04-20-2010, 06:11 PM.
                            Tecate tonight. Haha!

Comment

Chuck - it's the offseason and I should be on the Cycling thread, but your posting drags me back. Glad to see you posting regularly again. Everytime I see a Rush or Yes bootleg I think of downloading it for you.

So much discussion on who could get the fans fired up for and during games. Can't expect Darci, CBG and others like Freak to be responsible. I think much of it comes down to the product on the ice. We all know they will be succesful in the regular season, but at this point who cares about RS titles?

Recruiting - who knows. I just want to see players that will make me want to pay to see them play. Anyone you really want to pay UNH's prices to see?

And we did get beat rather soundly at Nationals, but a great experience and two of my players are talking with college coaches as a result. Granted small schools, but it is nice to see.

UNH hockey - just want a reason to believe again.

Comment

• Re: OOC scheduling limitations

I think this is the way it works for pretty much ALL D1 teams. You gotta work around the league schedule, and that usually means fitting in your non-conference games at the start of the season, and then after the midseason break - sometimes in a holiday "tourney" format (anyone remember the now defunct Governors Cup w/UNH, UMaine, UMass Lowell and UVM?). Maybe you slot in your local OOC dates on the few remaining common "open" dates on both teams' schedules (Riverstone w/Dartmouth). Hockey East does tweak the Boston schools' schedules to allow them to slot their Beanpot games (Mondays) after single-game weekends. But there's not as much flexibility to do these OOC games later in the season as you might otherwise think.
                                Very true, though would love to see more non conferance games later in the season where they might mean more, maybe they should do what they do in bball and schedule very weak teams at first
                                Since its been a couple of years since the Cats have done anything over break would love to see some sort of holiday tourney one year at the Whitt or even do it at the Verizon, could do something with Dartmouth or even Lowell. Then again I like any excuse for more hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X