Please Post Your Ticket Location & Priority Number: 2010 Ford Field FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Post Your Ticket Location & Priority Number: 2010 Ford Field FF

Well, it's almost time for the big event: The Ford Field Frozen Four. (FFFF) Once again we're asking that you post your Ticket Location along with your Priority Number.

For location, the section and row number will be fine. There's no need to post your specific seat assignment.

Your priority level is vital if we are to accurately interpret the results. If you don't know your number with certainty, post your best guess and a description of your attendance history. Usually I can calculate your priority number or come up with a very close estimate. Note that the maximum level for Detroit is 13. The count begins with the 1997 tournament in Milwaukee. If you've been to every tournament since then, you're earning your 14th point this year.

Many will recall that we started collecting this information last December. In two separate threads, actually. If you posted then, there should be no need to repost now. Here is a list of those who have already provided the necessary information:

Detroit 2010 Thread (D-1 Board)
    Bill
    Wol4ine
    COHockey
    mcboozle
    WSUWarriors
    Clifton
    satyking
    Badgers1
    gscott13 (Post in Cafe Noted)
    fargosioux
    mookie1995 (Post in Cafe Noted)
    Lord of the Rinks
    umassfan49
    ME FAN
    state of hockey (Post in Cafe Noted)
    pgb-ohio
    Nick Papagiorgio (Need Priority #)
    Yorzinlax
    FiveHole12
    Rumpleman
    Zambonehead
    The Freds
    sportfanatic (Need Priority #)

Ford Field Seating Thread (Cafe)
    theprofromdover
    AMcoffee
    Yelnick
    grabij

So far, we have a total of 27 reports. Thanks to all who have already posted.

We're off to a good start. But we certainly need more reports. If you got your tickets in the Priority Lottery, please let us know how you fared!

My Annual Summary of Seat Assignments will be posted shortly after I get back from Detroit.

Re: Please Post Your Ticket Location & Priority Number: 2010 Ford Field FF

How are fans with any amount of priority, let alone midlevel priorities like 6-7-8, who purchased the expensive seats, being placed in cornerish sections of the football stadium instead of riser seats or at least mid-ice or behind-goal football stadium seats, when it looks like field level riser seats could still be had? Riser seats are probably going to be better than other seats, right?
    Last edited by The Hallucination; 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

That's exactly the kind of issue I'll address in my Summary. Sounds like this is a major problem; one of the first things I'll be looking at.

Are your seats involved?

Comment

Yes. I called the ticket office about it and am waiting for a response; I'll post my exact priority and location after I'm done addressing the issue with them.

Comment

I'm Priority 10 and my seats are pretty much center ice in the balcony (I think third or fourth row).

Comment

priority 12, risers near the blue line I think, row 8

Comment

pgp,

Always look forward to your analysis of the lottery placements and issues. For my group, we had the followlng lottery results:

Applied for $189 tickets:
              priority 10 - Section 139, Row 14, 4 Seats
              priority 10 - Sec 136 Row 13, 2 Seats

Applied for $119 tickets, simply to maintain lottery progression:
              priority 9 – section 244, row 2, 1 seat
              priority 4 - Section 240, Row 2, 1 Seat
              Scott Biggar
              WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
              Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Priority 3 Section 130 Row 25
                sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
                  Yes. I called the ticket office about it and am waiting for a response; I'll post my exact priority and location after I'm done addressing the issue with them.
                  Greatly appreciate that. Let us know about outcome, be it good, bad or ugly.

Everyone: Thanks for the reports; keep them coming!

Comment

Turns out the Ford Field ticket office explanation is that the NCAA returned an unusually large number of its allotment, making additional riser section seats available. I think it sucks that the NCAA way overestimated what it would use for its allotment, but I understand there's really nothing the Ford Field ticket people can do about it.

Priority 7, expensive tickets, 4 tickets in Section 129, Row 13

For what it's worth, the Ford Field guy called me back promptly and was nice and polite. He said he hoped we enjoyed the event and when I thanked him but expressed my skepticism that hockey in a football stadium was going to work out that well for a championship, he asked where my seats were and said he's seen them setting up and thinks I will be pleasantly surprised with the view from Row 13. He thought that was a pretty good distance up without being too far away and I'd have a good view of the ice. I'm still a little concerned about the angle, especially since I don't think we're looking straight on from the end of the ice, but I hope the guy is right.

Comment

Priority 2, Sec 132, Row 7, Seats 4-8
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Priority 9. Section 138 row 25. (single ticket).

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/sp...tml?ref=sports

So this is how it got there.....
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

pgb,

I had 245 row 1 seat 1. Priority was 6 coming into this year I believe (04/05/06/07/08/09). Note that this year I only had 1 seat and not the usual 2 or 3 that I get.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Priority 13 RS37 Row 7

Comment

Working...
                              X