Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Your looking at a small sample size. Look at the bigger picture. Throw the Michigan game out the window he had zero chance in that game. Ohio st. on saturday was a head scratcher but that is truly his only awful game of the year. Kid is still a great goalie and has a ton of experience. Its like a golfer who gets the shanks. Talent is still their just got to play through it. Not the best time to be doing that with it being one or done but he will be fine. Whoever is in net they will get an A game out of them!
    It is tough to go with a guy who would be potentially working on confidence in a 1 and done scenario. I think both guys are good to go though, the boys will pick after the week of practice, but I think Connor may have earned the gig after his performance against Michigan. Honestly, I mean come on, we're playing BC. If Yale can score 7 against them, and they can only score 9 on some awful goalies, then we can throw Cody out there and if he does look rough we'll be able to put Knapp in and still get to Saturday. We can't do that against RIT though, they actually have a good goalie.

Comment

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Atkinsen/Gibbons/Whitny -- 59 37%
      Krider/Smith/Hayes -- 39 24%
      Alber/Mullane/Whitney -- 15 9%
      Almeida/Price/Lombardi -- 19 12%

Reilly/Miele/Wingels -- 40 27%
      C Mac/Camper/Palmer -- 40 27%
      Hirsch/Cannone/Vogelhuber -- 29 20%
      VAIVE/Mantha/Brandon -- 13 9%

Interesting that BC created a superline and sacrificed depth, while last weekend Miami mixed up the lines and created more depth. I hope that Miele and Palmer are put back together though. Throw them with C Mac, and have Reilly Camper Wings together.

Comment

I kind of want to buy one of these and wear it to like the skills competition or something, just to see what kind of comments I would get.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

That is the line to be feared!!

I did like how the lines looked against Michigan, especially Hirsch/Pat/Huber. But it would be nice to see Miele get thrown back in with Palmer, the two of them were putting up so many points towards the end of the season it would be nice to keep up that synergy.

Is Tomassoni expected to be back for next week, or will B. Smith be back on the blue line again?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

Interesting that BC created a superline and sacrificed depth, while last weekend Miami mixed up the lines and created more depth. I hope that Miele and Palmer are put back together though. Throw them with C Mac, and have Reilly Camper Wings together.
            This is a wonderful thread and I hope you do not mind the intrusion from a BC "rookie" fan. Your analysis in some many ways is right on target about the strengths of both teams! They did not get here to this point because they cannot play hockey.

My two cents worth is that this game will be won or lost on special teams and in the defensive zone of each team. Staying out of the box for BC has been a challenge for most of the year and must be managed to be successful in Detroit. Consistency throughout the game with clearing chances and neutral zone decision making in 5 on 5 situations will be crucial.

Reduction of odd man breaks could determine who advances.

I love Miami's goal tending consistency, their commitment to their own end, and their coaching competency. Your performance over the past few years speaks volumes about the class of your program and how truly far it has come in such a short period of time.

I see a one goal, hard fought contest between two very capable teams! It might very much be an unknown, non-primetime player that delivers the knockout punch for either club.

Congratulations in advance for a tremendous season win or lose.
            Let's hope that the players determine the outcome and that the referees allow the game to flow from end to end start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
              Let's hope that the players determine the outcome and that the referees allow the game to flow from end to end start to finish.
              To you as well my good sir!

Does anyone know where there might be a stream or a torrents of the MU/UM game? I want to rematch it but haven't been able to find anything.

Comment

Thanks for the kind and honest appraisal, BCHF. The regulars on here know that BC is an excellent club that will test this Miami team's limits. Can't wait for the matchup.

628 - I'm surprised that you're able to download any torrents. I thought that the campus had blocked all of those - at least that's what my nephew (a freshman) told me a few weeks ago.
                Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
                  This is a wonderful thread and I hope you do not mind the intrusion from a BC "rookie" fan. Your analysis in some many ways is right on target about the strengths of both teams! They did not get here to this point because they cannot play hockey.

My two cents worth is that this game will be won or lost on special teams and in the defensive zone of each team. Staying out of the box for BC has been a challenge for most of the year and must be managed to be successful in Detroit. Consistency throughout the game with clearing chances and neutral zone decision making in 5 on 5 situations will be crucial.

Reduction of odd man breaks could determine who advances.

I love Miami's goal tending consistency, their commitment to their own end, and their coaching competency. Your performance over the past few years speaks volumes about the class of your program and how truly far it has come in such a short period of time.

I see a one goal, hard fought contest between two very capable teams! It might very much be an unknown, non-primetime player that delivers the knockout punch for either club.

Spot on. The most interesting battle for me is B.C.'s PP against Miami's PK. both at of near the top nationally in those categories. I would assume that we will see a WCHA crew in this game, and they tend to let the teams play a little more.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    To you as well my good sir!

Does anyone know where there might be a stream or a torrents of the MU/UM game? I want to rematch it but haven't been able to find anything.
                    Me too, ESPN U hasnt' shown it yet and I DVR'd the saturday game and not sunday....
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I don't know if there are any Miami posters that are on the bubble for the Frozen Four: to go or not to go.

If I may chime in, my experience at the DC Frozen Four last year was one which I will never forget. If you thought that the regionals were fun - you ain't seen nuthin' yet! To watch 3 games of that quality is beyond cool...the people are from literally all over the country. And, contrary to popular belief, they are very cool people. I got to sit between Bemidji fans on one side and NoDak fans on the other. we were in front of Boston fans, Notre Dame fans, and behind Minnesota fans. All gracious and of all age groups. For me, it was one of the best family sporting environments I've ever seen. The fans, most of whom don't have a team there, just root for great hockey.

If there is any way...and I mean ANY way... you should get a ticket. Be as thrifty as need be to get your tickets (talking to you college kids), but get tickets! It is more than worth it.
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                        Thanks for the kind and honest appraisal, BCHF. The regulars on here know that BC is an excellent club that will test this Miami team's limits. Can't wait for the matchup.

628 - I'm surprised that you're able to download any torrents. I thought that the campus had blocked all of those - at least that's what my nephew (a freshman) told me a few weeks ago.
                        Yeah they do, for my sanity's sake I bolted off campus two years ago. I was in the last class that didn't get stuck with the two years on campus, thank god!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                          I don't know if there are any Miami posters that are on the bubble for the Frozen Four: to go or not to go.

If I may chime in, my experience at the DC Frozen Four last year was one which I will never forget. If you thought that the regionals were fun - you ain't seen nuthin' yet! To watch 3 games of that quality is beyond cool...the people are from literally all over the country. And, contrary to popular belief, they are very cool people. I got to sit between Bemidji fans on one side and NoDak fans on the other. we were in front of Boston fans, Notre Dame fans, and behind Minnesota fans. All gracious and of all age groups. For me, it was one of the best family sporting environments I've ever seen. The fans, most of whom don't have a team there, just root for great hockey.

If there is any way...and I mean ANY way... you should get a ticket. Be as thrifty as need be to get your tickets (talking to you college kids), but get tickets! It is more than worth it.
                          I second that, it was an amazing time. Even with the outcome, I sat next to minnesota and michigan st. fans and they were extremely pleasant. With the atmosphere in D.C. and all that was going on it was a phenominal time. Pile 5 or 6 in a car split the gas and room and it won't cost you that much, and is definantly something you will never forget!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                            Me too, ESPN U hasnt' shown it yet and I DVR'd the saturday game and not sunday....
                            I was about 30 minutes away from Oxford when I realized that I forgot to set mine. No that it would have mattered, I'm sure I would not have told it to record long enough to catch the 2nd OT.

I stumbled across this site and I'm hoping they put it up even though it was a loss, still a hell of a game.

http://mgovideo.com/login.php

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              I was about 30 minutes away from Oxford when I realized that I forgot to set mine. No that it would have mattered, I'm sure I would not have told it to record long enough to catch the 2nd OT.

I stumbled across this site and I'm hoping they put it up even though it was a loss, still a hell of a game.

http://mgovideo.com/login.php
                              Yea, keep us posted and if anyone else finds it let us know. I definantly want to watch it again.

Comment

I don't know if anyone had heard this already but I heard second hand today that LoVerde's aunt was the woman who was killed in the accident at SeaWorld last month. Understandably he was having a hard time with it, some pretty serious depression, and that was one of the contributing factors to the heart problems he is having now. So again thoughts and prayers with Vince and his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X