Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

I am reminded of earlier this decade when MSU sat All-American goalie Joe Blackburn in favor of Ryan Miller. It ended up being the right thing to do until the Frozen Four when Miller struggled against North Dakota.

It is one thing when you have some previous experience a team to base a decision like in league play, but in this case that does not exist. You cant ride the hot goalie because they both have played well. If it was me I would have to say go with Knapp as he played great against Michigan and that confidence can only help him.

However with 10 days to make that decision players' psyche can change. That's a tough decision to make but you guys have a smart coach who will surely make the right choice.
    MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Comment

Re: The Official 2009-2010 Miami season thread part III: Time to finish the job!

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
      I am reminded of earlier this decade when MSU sat All-American goalie Joe Blackburn in favor of Ryan Miller. It ended up being the right thing to do until the Frozen Four when Miller struggled against North Dakota.

It is one thing when you have some previous experience a team to base a decision like in league play, but in this case that does not exist. You cant ride the hot goalie because they both have played well. If it was me I would have to say go with Knapp as he played great against Michigan and that confidence can only help him.

However with 10 days to make that decision players' psyche can change. That's a tough decision to make but you guys have a smart coach who will surely make the right choice.
      Very true, way I look at it is you can't go wrong either way IMO. I would lean towards knapp, well because I have been for the last 3 weeks, but for no other reason than he deserved it with his performance against michigan.
      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
        Very true, way I look at it is you can't go wrong either way IMO. I would lean towards knapp, well because I have been for the last 3 weeks, but for no other reason than he deserved it with his performance against michigan.
        I'm not even going to think about it, Rico has made all the right moves thus far, I shall be deferring this his infinitely greater wisdom then my own.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          I'm not even going to think about it, Rico has made all the right moves thus far, I shall be deferring this his infinitely greater wisdom then my own.
          Agree

Whatever decision Rico makes will be the right decision.
          2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Seriously, I was even nervous when he made the decision to start Cody on Friday with the way that Knapp has been playing. Either he sees something during the week practices that I don't, or he's got some guts. But most likely both.

Comment

Man I knew that some of the UofM fans were bad...but jeebus BC fans are almost, if not worse. It's almost like they're God's gift to earth or something, I must have missed something throughout my entire Catholic education.

Oh wait here it is...it's in the book of John...

"And then God made Boston College..."

Comment

Good luck to your Redhawks. You guys were a very classy bunch last year in Washington DC.

That regional final game was as entertaining a hockey game as I've watched this year.

May the hockey gods look down on your boys this season as much as they did last year on our Terriers!

Comment

They can think all they want. But when Rico elects the new pope next week its game over. Sure they can put up 9 on Yale. But they can't do it to the best defence and goalies in college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
                    Seriously, I was even nervous when he made the decision to start Cody on Friday with the way that Knapp has been playing. Either he sees something during the week practices that I don't, or he's got some guts. But most likely both.
                    Not sure its that. Look at the bigger picture. I think he believes in cody, as do I, and the kid is very good. He will turn it around at some point. Best way to work through it is by playing. His skill set hasn't changed at all, it comes down to confidence. Give him a chance to play, make some big saves and realize he still can do it. And he made some nice saves against UAH. Like I said before, can't go wrong either way.
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                      Good luck to your Redhawks. You guys were a very classy bunch last year in Washington DC.

That regional final game was as entertaining a hockey game as I've watched this year.

May the hockey gods look down on your boys this season as much as they did last year on our Terriers!
                      amen!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        They can think all they want. But when Rico elects the new pope next week its game over. Sure they can put up 9 on Yale. But they can't do it to the best defence and goalies in college hockey.
                        Also did that against a kid who had played on 5 games all year...

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          Not sure its that. Look at the bigger picture. I think he believes in cody, as do I, and the kid is very good. He will turn it around at some point. Best way to work through it is by playing. His skill set hasn't changed at all, it comes down to confidence. Give him a chance to play, make some big saves and realize he still can do it. And he made some nice saves against UAH. Like I said before, can't go wrong either way.
                          I mean I understand that, but in some of the big games, esp. two of them in the post-season (OSU and Michigan), I wouldn't go so far as to say he let us down, cause it wasn't his fault in most cases. But as of lately I've had a lot more confidence in Knapp, which is wierd, cause I felt completely opposite last season.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawksFan10 View Post
                            I mean I understand that, but in some of the big games, esp. two of them in the post-season (OSU and Michigan), I wouldn't go so far as to say he let us down, cause it wasn't his fault in most cases. But as of lately I've had a lot more confidence in Knapp, which is wierd, cause I felt completely opposite last season.
                            Your looking at a small sample size. Look at the bigger picture. Throw the Michigan game out the window he had zero chance in that game. Ohio st. on saturday was a head scratcher but that is truly his only awful game of the year. Kid is still a great goalie and has a ton of experience. Its like a golfer who gets the shanks. Talent is still their just got to play through it. Not the best time to be doing that with it being one or done but he will be fine. Whoever is in net they will get an A game out of them!

Comment

I will feel perfectly confident in Cody if Rico decides to put him in.

I just got caught up reading through 4 pages of the Miami/BC thread, pretty entertaining stuff. Those guys are a piece of work to be sure. I think I will be saving my breath and not posting in there lol.

Comment

I will feel perfectly confident in Cody if Rico decides to put him in.

I just got caught up reading through 4 pages of the Miami/BC thread, pretty entertaining stuff. Those guys are a piece of work to be sure. I think I will be saving my breath and not posting in there lol.
                                probably best thing to do. The worst guy over their is a Brown fan, and well who knew they had a hockey team lol....

Comment

Working...
                                X