Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT (aka Team Canada)

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    You need a life bad. Get out of the basement before it floods and do something
    You need to buy a new record. This one is broken.

PC91 says hi.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
      Which kind of changes the picture a bit. These are kids that kept staying in juniors year after year hoping to get a ride and didn't. They finally settled on need based aid at RIT and were darned appreciative to get that.
      That's pretty much it. As was stated, they're eligible for non-athletic types of aid, such as international scholarships. But, as Geneseo and Buffalo State found out, if you give athletes amounts that are out-of-line with the rest of the institution, you'll be disciplined in a hurry. I'm sure many guys get nice aid packages, but it's not like everyone is getting a full ride as some implied. But, RIT can still attract kids who might be willing to pay a bit more, but enjoy a superior playing environment (versus a good chunk of D1) and receive a good education while they're at it.

A nice thing about Wilson is, from the accounts I've heard, he's much more focused on players succeeding in the classroom than the previous coach. It's kind of ironic to have a better performing team in the classroom at D1 than RIT had in the 90s while at the DIII level. And, we're all enjoying the fact that they're far better on the ice, too. It's neat to hear a stellar player like Ringwald graduated with a 3.8 in three years, is wrapping up his MBA this year, and he'll likely to be off to a solid hockey career in Europe (or maybe the US now) after getting two degrees.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jon;4731030]You need to buy a new record. This one is broken.

Roslindale about sums it up.......

Comment

And I thought the D3 board was full of crackpots....

The D3 FF at Lake Placid had rosters that averaged more than 50% Canadian...and it's been that way in D3 for some time...and yes, they are a bit older than Biff and AJ from the burbs - SO WHAT???

There are plenty of NE hockey "studs" that leave public school after soph yr, play three years at boarding school, try a year or two at Jr's and end up in school at 21 or 22....nobody seems to be b*tchn' about them...
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Why can't they use {100% Minnesota residents} ?!?!?!!?!?

BPH- *standing ovation*
            Because no Massatwosits could make the team!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad
              Roslindale about sums it up.......
              Because Lynn is the Paris of the North shore, right?
              Last edited by Jon; 03-30-2010, 03:40 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

For guys like you, I am sure it is. Please seek a life

Comment

Sure if you like crack and skanky hookers. It is kind of like Lowell but on the ocean.
                  Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                    Sure if you like crack and skanky hookers. It is kind of like Lowell but on the ocean.
                    Speaking of broken records.....

Comment

If I do seek a life, I'm sure as hell not asking you for advice, Mr. Tim Army Superfan.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

*****http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/fa267/pj/glasshouse1.jpg******

No, hokydad, don't do it!

*****http://www.blackhawktoysoldier.com/jesse_james/BH-0208.jpg******

Now you've done it.

*****http://farm1.static.flickr.com/17/89155812_3be71c63fd.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          *****http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/fa267/pj/glasshouse1.jpg******

No, hokydad, don't do it!

*****http://www.blackhawktoysoldier.com/jesse_james/BH-0208.jpg******

Now you've done it.

*****http://farm1.static.flickr.com/17/89155812_3be71c63fd.jpg******
                          Fantastic.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

RIT is not overachieving.They are playing up to their potential and they are just as good as anyone that is left in the Frozen Four...and the Most Physical. They represent AHA well and I would not be surprised if they win the National Championship...Go Tigers ! Wisconsin will have thei r hands full on April 8. I predict another RIT Victory.
                            Last edited by skates; 03-30-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Is that ok if I jump on the RIT bandwagon for a couple weeks?
                              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

They took our jerbs . . . and now they took our college hockey spots!!!
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X