Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT (aka Team Canada)

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
    rit offers no scholarships and just moved up to d1 a few years ago.
    No Financial aid at all?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      go bc!!
      Quit pretending you are a BC fan.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        No Financial aid at all?

I would bet you anything the Canadian kids are not paying....

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I understand you don't "route" for Canadians in the NCAA tournament (which will probably make BC's captain very sad) but why don't you "vote" for them in the Olympics? And who are you voting for...and to do what?
          You didn't get your Olympic ballot? No wonder Canada won the gold in hockey...

No Financial aid at all?
          Yeah, just like the Ivies...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

No Financial aid at all?
            no athletic scholarships. (i'll edit the original post) i am sure that they receive academic aid on par with their grades like all the other students.
            i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

) i am sure that they receive academic aid on par with their grades like all the other students.
              I'm sure too

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                I would bet you anything the Canadian kids are not paying....
                Duh

I love the holier than thou crap when they say they don't get athletic scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  We're playing them next and I don't have a problem with it.

If a Canadian is walking down the street can you even pick him out? Who cares?
                  Yes but only only on South Park

Comment

I'm accused of being provincial. So, go RIT!!!!!!!!!!
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

rit offers no athletic scholarships and just moved up to d1 a few years ago.
                      To elaborate further, as a D-III school with a D-I hockey program, I'm fairly certain we aren't even allowed to give out any athletic scholarships.

At any rate, this thread has been hilarious reading. Occasionally enlightening, too.

Comment

Colorado College and RPI give scholarships for hockey, I believe. I think it is because when RIT joined, it was after the NCAA put up a rule prohibiting D3 schools to play D1 in one sport, but grandfathered programs like Johns Hopkins Lacrosse and CC and RPI hockey.

Comment

University of Alabama-Huntsville has 16 Canadians, 6 Americans, and 1 Finn. The UAH captain Ryan Burkholder was interviewed during the regionals this past weekend saying that he loved coming down to a warm climate and playing D1 hockey. He's Canadian but doesn't like snow. lol. Now I don't how the level of play in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport compares to NCAA D1, but maybe the level is higher in NCAA and a lot of Canadians want to come play here in the States. Who knows. I'm just speculating. But also, who gives a flying you know what if there are a lot of Canadians on college teams. RIT is a stones throw from Canada. Of course there are a lot of Canadians on the team.
                          "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I'm accused of being provincial. So, go RIT!!!!!!!!!!
                            Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              I understand you don't "route" for Canadians in the NCAA tournament (which will probably make BC's captain very sad) but why don't you "vote" for them in the Olympics? And who are you voting for...and to do what?
                              When you are following college for the sports not the education, things like the topic of this thread become important.
                              Lets go Lets go R I T

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                                Colorado College and RPI give scholarships for hockey, I believe. I think it is because when RIT joined, it was after the NCAA put up a rule prohibiting D3 schools to play D1 in one sport, but grandfathered programs like Johns Hopkins Lacrosse and CC and RPI hockey.
                                You are right. Basically schools with one D-1 program granting athletic scholarships were grandfathered in and permitted to continue the practice. There was an NCAA vote about 10 years ago that would have terminated the ability of grandfathered institutions to give scholarships and it was defeated. Hence schools like RPI and Clarkson were allowed to continue as they had in granting athletic schollies. Union's then President, Roger Hull (ugh) voted in favor of the restrictions adding more fuel to the RPI - Union fires.

Comment

Working...
                                X