Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Screw the rest of 'em. We get our own thread now. Huzzah!

Just heard through the grapevine that Cameron Talbot has signed a two-year, two-way contract with the Rangers. No better time than now, I suppose, and keeps us from having to carry four tenders next season with C.J. Groh coming in.

Heisenberg's list:
    Mac Roy-LW Langley (BCHL) - 5'11 175 4-20-89 - 09-10: 60-28-26-54-95 - 08-09: 59-26-25-51-73 - 07-08: 59-30-25-55-53

Matthew Register-LD Bonnyville (AJHL) - 6'2 195 8-14-89 - 09-10: 58-16-44-60-49 - 08-09: 62-14-17-31-101

C.J. Groh-G - Waterloo (USHL)/St. Louis (NAHL) - 6'2 185 4-16-90 - 09-10 USHL stats | 09-10 NAHL stats

Brice Geoffrion-LW Motor City (NAHL) - 6' 180 -90 - 09-10 NAHL stats (Sebastian's brother, I assume, given the hometown)

David Way-C Sherwood Park (AJHL) - 6' 185 11-21-90 - 09-10: 53-11-25-36-43 - 08-09: 59-15-32-47-78 - 07-08: 58-9-21-30-70

Alex Allan-C Victoria (BCHL) - 6' 185 11-21-90 - 09-10: 59-21-42-63-25 - 08-09: 59-17-35-52-44 - 07-08: 55-13-22-35-104
    Last edited by MikeAnderson; 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM. Reason: Smiley!
    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
    2006 Time Person of the Year
    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

I had Talbie 95/5 going pro this weekend, and then I saw how many calls he was getting Sunday morning before we got on the plane. I bet the last 36 hours have been insane for him. I will certainly miss him, both on and off the ice, but I'm glad to see him go pro.

Same grapevine is indicating that Kevin Morrison has signed a deal with the Canadiens. Didn't see that one coming.

Mike, where are you getting four goaltenders for next season? Heisenberg only shows Groh coming in. Griggs will be the only returning netminder with MacNicol graduating and Talbot going pro.

Returning centers for next year: Coburn-Cseter-Järvinen-Ruffini
    Returning wingers for next year: Bruni-Campbell-Desmet-Easton-Fairbanks-Geoffrion-Koudys
    Returning defensemen for next year: Baxter-Burkholder-deBruyn-Durnie

I have to wonder if two freshmen centers means that Coburn can go back to LW. That's not to say that Coby hasn't been good as a center this season, but I'd rather see him on the wing where he can focus more on scoring goals and less having to back-check, etc. A Coburn-Järvinen-Campbell line could be very interesting.

I don't want the Cseter-Desmet pairing broken up. Those two are dynamite together, and not just because they played in juniors. If Cole didn't think they didn't work, he would've split them up by now---but they do, and he hasn't. I wonder if you try to work Easton in on that line for some scoring power [remember, Eastie scored in juniors] or if you put Seabass out there for a little oomph. I'd be disinclined for the latter because I already worry about the quality of penalties that Keenan takes, and putting him and Seabass out there together may be a bad idea. This isn't the Doug Ross Era.

As for a Ruffini line, I'd love to see Neil centering Bruni and Fairbanks. I think Vince could play on the off side with Banker digging in on RW and trying to use some of that grinding goal-scoring ability.

The blue line does bother me some: you have to keep Burky and deBruyn on separate pairs, because I think you want them to each headman their pair. I'd probably pair Baxter with Burkholder and Durnie with deBruyn. I really hope that Tom gets out of his head and plays more instinctual hockey next year---he's very good when he does that. I joked with Burky that maybe he could get two points next year and double his career total. He just laughed.

Burky will undeniably be the captain next year. I'd pick two from Baxter, Coburn, Fairbanks, and Ruffini for the alternates.

Every time I write something in this post, I feel like I'm going to hurt feelings. I think a large part of that is because I really like all these guys as people. I don't feel like there's a bad egg on the team. I had a hell of a time talking to the guys all weekend, and I hate that the season ended as it did.

I am excited for Year Four of the Cole Era. Next year may be a step back without a proven netminder, but if the boys give Griggs, Groh, or whoever else comes in the same kind of support that Talbie had this year, I give them a puncher's chance. I haven't seen Groh at all, but I liked what I saw of Griggsie in practice when he played with confidence.

Seniors, you'll be missed.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

About time there was a UAH thread! I hope the program survives to see 2010, 2011, 2012 and so forth season threads...

I've heard that UAH has assembled a full schedule as an independent program for next year... is this true? Is it available somewhere?

Five stars for this thread!
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
        I've heard that UAH has assembled a full schedule as an independent program for next year... is this true? Is it available somewhere?
        ******* width="601" height="338">****** name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />****** name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8271060&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00AD EF&fullscreen=1" />****** src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8271060&server=vimeo.com&sho w_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=00AD EF&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="601" height="338">

Danton Cole Interview, 18 Dec 2009 - SaveUAHHockey.com from Geoffrey Morris on Vimeo.

Yep, it's a 30-game schedule for next year. Maybe 32. I know DC was working on that.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Mike - Where's the smiley on the side??? I'd have gone for the College Hockey Alabama thread myself...
          Doug
          UAH 1974
          Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
          Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
          Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
          Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
          Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            Mike, where are you getting four goaltenders for next season? Heisenberg only shows Groh coming in. Griggs will be the only returning netminder with MacNicol graduating and Talbot going pro.
            The idea in my head was *had Talbot not gone pro* we would have had him, MacNichol, Griggs and Groh. I forgot that MacNichol was a senior. I'm 500 miles away, it's allowed.

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
            Mike - Where's the smiley on the side??? I'd have gone for the College Hockey Alabama thread myself...
            I never start threads, so it didn't come to mind. I'll see what I can do.

Mike Anderson

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
              The idea in my head was *had Talbot not gone pro* we would have had him, MacNichol, Griggs and Groh. I forgot that MacNichol was a senior. I'm 500 miles away, it's allowed.
              I would allow it if you hadn't called a game MacNicol played in his freshman year, three years ago. DENIED!

I fully expect that Luongo and McCabe are hot on the trail of a second goaltending recruit if they haven't been already. That's not where Johnny was this weekend, though ... if you haven't heard, he's a new dad!

While we're talking about AC's, Tyler Eaves told me that he's here through mid-May and will be seeking a paying gig going forward. Can't blame him one bit, but he's been very good to have around this season. Murray's boy is okay by me, and I will follow his coaching career for sure.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                I never start threads, so it didn't come to mind. I'll see what I can do.
                clearly you guys will have to do that for the Season Thread.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  I would allow it if you hadn't called a game MacNicol played in his freshman year, three years ago. DENIED!
                  In my defense, and with all due respect, 4:26 is not a game.

Mike Anderson

Comment

I'm just sad that no one wants to talk about the team with me. :kicks can:

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Best of luck to UAH. I would love to see hockey spreading more and more, especially to the south. It's nice to see these players from TN, GA, FL, etc. Hopefully, soon, UAH has a few more southern schools to play and isn't basically on an island alone.

Comment

Someone posted on the RPI Off-season thread that UAH is not going to be at the RPI tourney in November although RPI is indeed going to be at UAH for two games. Has anyone here heard about that?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Someone posted on the RPI Off-season thread that UAH is not going to be at the RPI tourney in November although RPI is indeed going to be at UAH for two games. Has anyone here heard about that?
                          If that is the case I would strongly assume it is by RPI's doing, not UAH's. I'm not sure there's a "better game" that Cole would want to play in, and he certainly doesn't want to burn bridges in terms of scheduling at this point (not that we did in the past, either).

Mike Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I can ask. I have seen [from an RPI source] when the 'Tute will be in Huntsville. I've talked to Danton [see up-thread] about the schedule, but I haven't seen it in writing, other than a few trips.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Talbot announcement.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=523272#

Mike Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X