Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Thanks, Terry. Been trying not to think about the B's' monumental collapse. There's my reminder for the day ... :sigh:

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Sad he's going, Caber's been a big part of the coaching staff the last five years or so, but he definitely has earned the chance to lead his own team.

http://www.finlandia.edu/index.php?id=4111
      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
      2006 Time Person of the Year
      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
        Sad he's going, Caber's been a big part of the coaching staff the last five years or so, but he definitely has earned the chance to lead his own team.

http://www.finlandia.edu/index.php?id=4111
        You pretty much nailed my thoughts. The article touches on John recruiting "Scandanavia", which you should read as "Caber getting the Finnish kids to come here".

Stick salute for Caber to be sure.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          You pretty much nailed my thoughts. The article touches on John recruiting "Scandanavia", which you should read as "Caber getting the Finnish kids to come here".

Stick salute for Caber to be sure.

GFM
          Insert "Finnish" and "Finlandia" joke here.

Mike Anderson

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

:nod:

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well, there goes my driving partner on those long road trips...
              Congrats and Best Wishes from our household to the McCabes... I know he'll do fine.
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Why? It's a solid school in a great hockey area with a lot of hockey history, including the first US pro hockey league. The Lions had a tough year, but have had recent success, winning the league playoff in 07 before a sellout crowd at their home rink, and losing the title match in OT a year later at Adrian.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

davy, I think it has more to do with the fact that UAH has had a couple of Finnish and Swedes recruited to their team the last year or two. McCabe was their main recruiter over the last couple of season. So, they may just be trying to make a Finnish and Finlandia connection, and not putting the school or their team down.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    davy, I think it has more to do with the fact that UAH has had a couple of Finnish and Swedes recruited to their team the last year or two. McCabe was their main recruiter over the last couple of season. So, they may just be trying to make a Finnish and Finlandia connection, and not putting the school or their team down.
                    Yep. It wasn't until I looked up why Finlandia was named as it was that I fully got it.

GFM <-- also gets why davy would be upset, given that it's a Michigan/UP thing.
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Wisconsin has just put up that UAH is opening up their season on October 15 & 17... http://www.uwbadgers.com/tickets/mh-...ant-dates.html

The series sandwiches a night game where Wisconsin plays Ohio State in football on October 16th. Looks like I know what I'm doing that weekend in October, since a UAH/Ohio State weekend on enemy soil doesn't come around very often.

Comment

Originally posted by fairman View Post
                        Wisconsin has just put up that UAH is opening up their season on October 15 & 17... http://www.uwbadgers.com/tickets/mh-...ant-dates.html

The series sandwiches a night game where Wisconsin plays Ohio State in football on October 16th. Looks like I know what I'm doing that weekend in October, since a UAH/Ohio State weekend on enemy soil doesn't come around very often.
                        I'm going to see if I can get Danton to push Athletics to release the full schedule soon.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Why? It's a solid school in a great hockey area with a lot of hockey history, including the first US pro hockey league. The Lions had a tough year, but have had recent success, winning the league playoff in 07 before a sellout crowd at their home rink, and losing the title match in OT a year later at Adrian.
                          Because "Finland" and "Findlandia" are close to the same word. Don't read too much into it.

Mike Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by fairman View Post

That sounds awful familiar. I remember being up there for Homecoming weekend (against Ohio State, oddly enough) to open a season about eight years ago. Had to dodge the line of students camping out on Saturday to purchase women's basketball single-game tickets on Monday.

But all they did is push the start time back to 8 p.m. to allow the football game to finish out. Great crowd turnout as I recall.

To have that kind of student support in Huntsville...

Mike Anderson

Comment

That sounds awful familiar. I remember being up there for Homecoming weekend (against Ohio State, oddly enough) to open a season about eight years ago. Had to dodge the line of students camping out on Saturday to purchase women's basketball single-game tickets on Monday.

But all they did is push the start time back to 8 p.m. to allow the football game to finish out. Great crowd turnout as I recall.

To have that kind of student support in Huntsville...
                              You wanted to go that football game. I just wanted to sleep in. I think we ended up on State Street, though.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                You wanted to go that football game. I just wanted to sleep in. I think we ended up on State Street, though.

GFM
                                Good compromise for both of you!
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X