Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Originally posted by fangers
    that's right...they go on all week too
    There. That's better. lol.
    "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Breaking news: RMU series moved to Huntsville.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Just got back from a 10-day trip to Denver and find out that the RMU series is back in Huntsville ===> Hooray!!!
        Doug
        UAH 1974
        Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
        Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
        Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
        Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
        Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Breaking news: RMU series moved to Huntsville.

GFM
          So what happened to the talk about us playing Cornell?

And what was the reason for the move back to H'ville from B'ham?

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
            So what happened to the talk about us playing Cornell?

And what was the reason for the move back to H'ville from B'ham?
            Hmmmm ... the Cornell deal has to have changed. I believe that was going to be the weekend that the Beavers are now coming here. I expect that the boys will just go to the Lynah sometime in the next couple of years, then.

From what I've heard on the RMU move, the VBC became available for those dates again. I expect that's largely construction-related.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I have the sound of hammers, nail guns, and saws in my head 24/7 because of the construction at the VBC. I cannot wait until they have finished.
              "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

I just returned from a vacation trip to Alberta Canada. Wore my UAH hockey coat and hat and got a few general questions about the team and where they are located. Several even asked if they offered scholarships, since no school does in Canada. That got me going again about buying season tickets and of course contributing to the "blue line club". Hope to see everyone there again next season.

Comment

Originally posted by dondowski60 View Post
                  I just returned from a vacation trip to Alberta Canada. Wore my UAH hockey coat and hat and got a few general questions about the team and where they are located. Several even asked if they offered scholarships, since no school does in Canada. That got me going again about buying season tickets and of course contributing to the "blue line club". Hope to see everyone there again next season.
                  That hopefully will be changing soon, with Canadian schools coming over from CIS to the NCAA. Simon Fraser will be NCAA this year, No varsity Hockey there, but there are others that are looking at what the Clan is doing.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    That hopefully will be changing soon, with Canadian schools coming over from CIS to the NCAA. Simon Fraser will be NCAA this year, No varsity Hockey there, but there are others that are looking at what the Clan is doing.
                    Having spent a few years now keeping my eye on the football scene up there, the word among Canada West conference schools, the conference Simon Fraser was "Good Riddance and we hope never to see you again" A lot of people in the CanWest and around CIS thought that was an arrogant move.

Comment

Originally posted by CDogg1 View Post
                      Having spent a few years now keeping my eye on the football scene up there, the word among Canada West conference schools, the conference Simon Fraser was "Good Riddance and we hope never to see you again" A lot of people in the CanWest and around CIS thought that was an arrogant move.
                      True, but Simon Fraser had always been different from the other Canadian schools as that they had been in the NAIA for a long time until the NAIA conference the Pacific Northwest there all fell apart because the private schools in the league decided to all take their ball and leave for NCAA D3, because they got tired of the Publics beating them all the time. Then some of those schools dropped football because they didn't have enough local schools to play, because most of the publics at that time had moved on to being NCAA D2's.

Still, I'm really hoping that a lot of schools see what Simon Fraser is doing, and take notice.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        True, but Simon Fraser had always been different from the other Canadian schools as that they had been in the NAIA for a long time until the NAIA conference the Pacific Northwest there all fell apart because the private schools in the league decided to all take their ball and leave for NCAA D3, because they got tired of the Publics beating them all the time. Then some of those schools dropped football because they didn't have enough local schools to play, because most of the publics at that time had moved on to being NCAA D2's.

Still, I'm really hoping that a lot of schools see what Simon Fraser is doing, and take notice.
                        You are exactly right in the Simon Fraser has always been different from other Canadian schools.

I don't think there is any Canadian university that would make the jump to NCAA any time soon. Where i spent my time, in Regina, SK, the university hockey team was mostly pro players and major junior hockey players which aren't allowed by NCAA standards. What i've been told is that the Canadian schools needed these well known players to boost attendance and make money for their small athletic departments. Heck, the national champions, St. Mary's, was won with their star player being ex-NHL player and former jail bird Mike Danton. Odd side note, their goalie is from Ohio and was really wanted by Ohio State.

Comment

As interesting as I'm sure some may think the possibility of Canadian schools entering the NCAA may be (which I would personally rank as interesting as The Jersey Shore), that possibility has nothing to do with the fact that the puck drops in the Veeb in 65 days.
                          -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
                          web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

Hell, I'm just happy that the season opener is on home ice. The last time it happened was 2005-06 with an exhibition, and the last time for real was 2004-05 when we had an exhibition one weekend and then Holy Cross the next weekend.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Merrimack fan here planning on going to Nashville for the series in January...How is the city recovering from the floods? I googled flood recovery for Nashville and tried to look at tripadvisor, but could not come up with much.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                                Merrimack fan here planning on going to Nashville for the series in January...How is the city recovering from the floods? I googled flood recovery for Nashville and tried to look at tripadvisor, but could not come up with much.
                                Opryland Hotel has set a reopening date.
                                http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/
                                Opry Mills has yet to do so.
                                http://www.simon.com/mall/oprymills/default.html
                                These two are far from downtown.

I think only "lower" downtown was flooded.
                                Second Ave. goes up a hill from Broadway, and that's where a lot of entertainment is.
                                I don't know how far "up" Broadway the water got.
                                My favorite place in Printers' Alley is open, and I imagine it was flooded.
                                http://bourbonstreetblues.com/Whos-P...Calendar.shtml
                                The Hard Rock Cafe is the establishment probably closest to the river, and it appears to be open.
                                http://www.hardrock.com/locations/ca...05&MIBenumID=3

Stacy Mitchhart is a "must see".
                                http://www.stacymitchhart.com/Home-0.aspx
                                The Bluebird Cafe is quite a distance from downtown and is an entertainment landmark.
                                http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/node/80
                                Last edited by tnlong; 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X