Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Dog Days of Summer 2010: All By Myself....

Red Cloud's UAH writeup for his blog http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/07/...untsville.html.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, thanks for the link. That was a very nice write-up about the program. The only thing he missed, I think, was that Coburn and Jarvinen aren't coming back this season (correct me, guys, if I'm wrong about that). I hope they play their hearts out and do well (a .500 season would be fantastic in my book). And, I have to give props to RPI for helping about the Chargers this year. It's appreciated by us fans more than I can convey in a blog for the 'tute to step up and fill four schedule dates (and come down to the South for New Year's Eve). I'm sure H'ville will show the Engineers a great time. Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
        The only thing he missed, I think, was that Coburn and Jarvinen aren't coming back this season (correct me, guys, if I'm wrong about that).
        Oh? I must have missed that if you're right. Arrgh. That's less than cool.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Oh? I must have missed that if you're right. Arrgh. That's less than cool.
          I can confirm that. I talked to Chris Fairbanks this afternoon and he said Coburn is playing in England. Jarvinen's jersey was auctioned off last year if I recall correctly and we got confirmation that he was heading back to Finland to play in the leagues there. Both will be missed, but those are the breaks. Big freshman class coming in, but we'll grow. We do need to put in a good showing though. I know the players I've talked to think a .500 season is a very important minimum.

Solid article though, despite the few mistakes (We were 3rd in the conference last year, not 4th). We look forward to seeing RPI this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CammieBuckeye View Post
            Is there going to be some sort of ticket package option for the double-header with the Predators?
            Hasn't been announced yet, but I expect there will be.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Red Cloud's UAH writeup for his blog http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/07/...untsville.html.
              I have been asked to write some for Tom in the next, oh, 12 hours. Yet I'm here on USCHO. Heh.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

And gosh, I broke Coby and Jarvie not coming back like months ago. http://saveuahhockey.com/2010/05/02/...or-2010-05-02/

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  And gosh, I broke Coby and Jarvie not coming back like months ago. http://saveuahhockey.com/2010/05/02/...or-2010-05-02/

GFM
                  Yeah, that was a big, bad failboat on my part for not checking back far enough. I saw something about the "Finnish Connection" but didn't notice that one was heading back to Finland. My bad. I've made the corrections.

I noticed that you guys are playing BGSU three times thanks to the tournament - so that might end up being 6 total games against 2 teams. Not that you're not already used to playing a lot of games against the same teams, of course...
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Yeah, that was a big, bad failboat on my part for not checking back far enough. I saw something about the "Finnish Connection" but didn't notice that one was heading back to Finland. My bad. I've made the corrections.

I noticed that you guys are playing BGSU three times thanks to the tournament - so that might end up being 6 total games against 2 teams. Not that you're not already used to playing a lot of games against the same teams, of course...
                    Eh, I wasn't criticizing you for that. It's not been made much of it.

As for the games ... yeah, there was a point when it looked like we might play two home-and-home series with CHA opponents every year just to get games in the four-team CHA. I think the limiter there was Bemidji, which was able to get scheduled by WCHA teams.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                      To be fair Geof, I knew Coby wasn't returning before final exams started. He told me himself in mid-April. It wasn't any big secret as I think he'd already told several others before I asked him about it. It was merely a question of where he was going to be, which honestly I didn't know until recently and Chris just confirmed that information. It's a lot easier to say he's gone when you can point to where he has gone to.

You did have the leg up on me on Jarvie though (as you usually do in most 'insider scoops'), and I found out about that at the Awards Banquet.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                        To be fair Geof, I knew Coby wasn't returning before final exams started. He told me himself in mid-April. It wasn't any big secret as I think he'd already told several others before I asked him about it. It was merely a question of where he was going to be, which honestly I didn't know until recently and Chris just confirmed that information. It's a lot easier to say he's gone when you can point to where he has gone to.

You did have the leg up on me on Jarvie though (as you usually do in most 'insider scoops'), and I found out about that at the Awards Banquet.
                        Yeah, you were the first person to tell me about Coburn.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by fangers
                          Thanks for the support...will be in C'bus with pretty good size group from Cincy.
                          A few of my crew are going to work to make the trip up from Huntsville. Hope the tOSU fans return the favor next season when the Buckeyes come to Alabama.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by fangers
                            Thanks for the support...will be in C'bus with pretty good size group from Cincy.
                            With the series being the first week of November, still during football season, there might not be a very sizable and rowdy crowd, so it might not be much of a home-ice advantage for the Bucks. Although with the football team having a bye, Ohio State students may need an outlet for their usual weekend drunken rage.

I've talked to a couple of "important" people who give a lot of money to tOSU and they don't appear to be too excited about the new regime. Don't feel like it's worth their time to go see the Ice Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by CDogg1 View Post
                              With the series being the first week of November, still during football season, there might not be a very sizable and rowdy crowd, so it might not be much of a home-ice advantage for the Bucks.
                              UAH feels at home in Columbus.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by CDogg1 View Post
                                With the series being the first week of November, still during football season, there might not be a very sizable and rowdy crowd, so it might not be much of a home-ice advantage for the Bucks. Although with the football team having a bye, Ohio State students may need an outlet for their usual weekend drunken rage.
                                *mock surprise/anger* What?!?!?! We do not have weekend drunken rages!!!!! *lights a couch on fire*
                                "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X