Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bemidji State offseason, WCHA, BREC here we come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bemidji State offseason, WCHA, BREC here we come!

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    Now that Neimi is gone, Fallon might have view for the back-up, but still would have likely been at Rockford. With St. Louis, he will likely still be at Peoria, but will have a better chance at getting called up IMHO).
    Fallon wasn't re-signed by the Blues this summer and signed with the San Antonio Rampage for an AHL deal. Depending on what the Coyotes do, they *could* sign him to an NHL deal if they need an emergency backup.

Worst case, Fallon plays in the CHL when Phoenix stocks San Antonio's cupboards with excess goalies. (SA doesn't have an ECHL affiliate)
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

BSU's official announcement on the Lakeland TV broadcasting:

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/news/103/2867/

An area blog on what this agreement means for BSU and northern Minnesota:

http://northsports.areavoices.com/20...ern-minnesota/

I was disappointed when I heard earlier that they were going to air most games on Lakeland Plus. Living in the Alexandria area and having DirectTV, we have the Lakeland Primary Channel, but none of the others. But with all the storms this summer, I decided to buy a table top UHF antenna to pick up a couple of stations around here during the storms while the dish is out. Low and behold, we get all 6 Lakeland stations with that little antenna (along with the CBC and Hockey Night in Canada).

But I plan on being at most BSU home games, so hopefully the little antenna won't get much use this winter.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
        The "and I am a Gopher fan" part doesn't add much since the beavers are going to smoke you if they destroy all season or get by at about .500
        BSU is returning all but 3 players from last year's team that made it to the midwest regional, I think they will be ok in the WCHA.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          BSU is returning all but 3 players from last year's team that made it to the midwest regional, I think they will be ok in the WCHA.
          Their SOS is going to double, so without the cupcakes, they are going to have a tough time.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Brad Hunt was named as the Beaver to watch according to Inside College Hockey's A to Z segment:

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...a-z-brad-hunt/
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
              I have a question for anyone in Bemidji. Has the high school program competed at all or produced any major players since the late George Pelawa? I would love to see the Lumberjacks back near relevance in MN high school hockey, and I'm hopeful the BREC can play a role in this.
              Joe Motzko played at SCSU and has seen playing time in the NHL.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

The Beaver Battle tonight on the gridiron. Bemidji State goes to Minot State. Both squads are the beavers!!! Gametime is 7 pm CST.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Sorry, they're calling it the Beaver Bash. 17 -7 Bemidji early in the second half.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Bemidji 24-7 over Minot.

Minot was only able to generate 90 yards of offense and was a -10 rushing. Their only score came on a 101 yard kickoff return.

BSU rolled up over 400 yards of offense with almost 300 of that on the ground.
                    Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      Bemidji 24-7 over Minot.

Minot was only able to generate 90 yards of offense and was a -10 rushing. Their only score came on a 101 yard kickoff return.

BSU rolled up over 400 yards of offense with almost 300 of that on the ground.
                      That, and they played without power there for most of the second half there in Minot as well. Really put together outfit there.

It just happens.

Comment

I heard a rumor that the ice in the brec will not be ready until Oct. 14th anybody know if this is true?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBeavers View Post
                          I heard a rumor that the ice in the brec will not be ready until Oct. 14th anybody know if this is true?
                          There's a lot up in the air right now as workers scramble to finish the building. As of today, according to Tom Serratore, BSU doesn't know when they will be able to start moving stuff in (note just 49 days until NoDak), and at last report, they would only have a week of practice (~ October 7th) on BREC ice. Now, this has been known for quite some time, and BSU has had ice rented at the City Rink as long as I can remember. In fact, that's where the women's team has planned their exhibition game vs. the Toronto Jr. Aeros (heck, that's less than a month away on Sept. 24th) since the beginning.

In other words, nothing to see here, move along... (I think everyone knew that the construction schedule was tight. They are now finding out just how tight it was/is.)
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

BSU just announced October 5th as select-a-set night (for those that want to buy season tickets) and Oct. 7th as a green and white game at the BREC. Guess that solves when BSU will be able to skate there...

Also, single game tix go on sale October 18th via ticketmaster:

http://www.bsubeavers.com/news/default/100/2981/

AHA:
                            ECAC:

Comment

Due to alumni participation, single-game tickets for the season-opening series versus UND are no longer available, but BSU hockey fans still have an opportunity to find their way into the BREC to see the Beavers’ inaugural WCHA contest versus Fighting Sioux. Select great seats remain as a part of a season ticket packages.
                              I understand that this is a big series for Bemidji State, but it's quite disappointing that Sioux fans won't be able to buy tickets for this series. The programs have always shared a nice relationship and I was really hoping to take in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                                I understand that this is a big series for Bemidji State, but it's quite disappointing that Sioux fans won't be able to buy tickets for this series. The programs have always shared a nice relationship and I was really hoping to take in this series.
                                WCHA rules state that each school has to set aside an allotment (I believe it's a percentage of capacity - for BSU it's ~ 140 tickets) for visiting schools. It's up to that school how they distribute them (they can comp parents with some and sell others to season ticket holders, alumni, etc.). That being the case, UND may not have any left either. I'd contact the UND box office asap if I were you, as I understand that UND already has their tickets in hand.

AHA:
                                ECAC:

Comment

Working...
                                X