Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did the officials screw up

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    The whistle had blown. Doesn't matter why at that point. Happens a few times EVERY game and you just have to move on.

Michigan had every opportunity to win that game including two power plays at the end of the 3rd and into OT. Gotta get it done or as we all know, a fluky goal can happen.

Don't forget that the refs decided not to call/or missed a high stick to the helmet on a Michigan player late in the third while Miami was dominating. Give Miami that PP at that time and maybe the game doesn't even go to OT.
    I was not aware of the missed HS call in the 3rd period. I am not doubting that Michigan had chances to win it. I think that was a game the better team on the ice didn't win tonight.

Michigan proved why they were predicted to be a title contended at the start of the season the last month. Too bad it took until they were litterally against the wall to make a run like this.

Comment

At least you didn't get screwed by the intent to blow the whistle horse-pucky.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        What these guys said.

Whether they lost sight of it, or felt that Knapp covered it, they had enough reason to blow it dead. Even if it wasn't the right call, it was fair relative to the officiating in the rest of the game. There were missed calls both ways. It happens all the time, and you have to play through it.

To say it another way: You never lose in overtime by one call. You had 60 minutes to win the game, and you went to overtime. Anyone want to claim that Michigan didn't have any chancees to win in regulation? Is that one "missed" call the only reason they didn't win?
        Not to mention the multiple pipes and such.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ugh. I'll be bitter about this one for awhile. I'm entirely disappointed with this outcome. I actually thought the officiating was poor all the way around. No facet of the game was left out. That all being said, the officials didn't give this game to Miami. Connor Knapp gave this game to Miami. This was one of the best games I've ever watched and I'll be rooting for Miami in Detroit next week.

With all due respect to the other remaining teams, I got the impression those were the two best teams in the tournament. Miami is a fantastic team and is fun to watch. Good luck in the FF.

Comment

Yes, they screwed up by blowing the whistle when the puck was still loose.

No, they didn't screw up by disallowing the goal. Heck, even if the whistle was a split-second after the goal instead of before, it still wouldn't have counted, since the official at that point was intending to blow the whistle.

It happens. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
              At least you didn't get screwed by the intent to blow the whistle horse-pucky.
              Originally posted by speekeasy8 View Post
              Yes, they screwed up by blowing the whistle when the puck was still loose.

No, they didn't screw up by disallowing the goal. Heck, even if the whistle was a split-second after the goal instead of before, it still wouldn't have counted, since the official at that point was intending to blow the whistle.

It happens. Move on.
              That happened to Wisconsin this year, can't remember which game though.
              The player should just tell the ref "I intended to score before you blew the whistle though"
              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                However, the cliched "OT Rule" kicked in: The more dominant team will lose on a breakaway/weird/non-traditional goal.
                That rule, which I am well aware of, scares the ever living **** out of me.

I never get tired of tying all of this to my son's youth hockey team, so, we were in triple overtime of the state championship game a couple of weeks ago and were out shooting the opponent 14-4. As we missed golden opportunity after golden opportunity, I was envisioning the crappy/fluky goal that they'd get.

Then we got a crappy/fluky goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Brainiac View Post
                  Ugh. I'll be bitter about this one for awhile. I'm entirely disappointed with this outcome. I actually thought the officiating was poor all the way around. No facet of the game was left out. That all being said, the officials didn't give this game to Miami. Connor Knapp gave this game to Miami. This was one of the best games I've ever watched and I'll be rooting for Miami in Detroit next week.

With all due respect to the other remaining teams, I got the impression those were the two best teams in the tournament. Miami is a fantastic team and is fun to watch. Good luck in the FF.
                  I'm gonna have to shower after saying this, but if UND simply showed up, they woulda made some serious noise. They completely overlooked Yale, crapped the bed, choose your cliche. They are a better team than they showed this weekend.

No, I'm NOT taking anything away from Yale in that game. They worked hard for that win, and it showed.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm gonna have to shower after saying this, but if UND simply showed up, they woulda made some serious noise. They completely overlooked Yale, crapped the bed, choose your cliche. They are a better team than they showed this weekend.

No, I'm NOT taking anything away from Yale in that game. They worked hard for that win, and it showed.
                    I pretty much blame the Susans for today's crap-fest of an afternoon game. BC-UND would have been great and like you said, if UND would've showed, they'd be going to Detwat in two weeks.

Comment

I pretty much blame the Susans for today's crap-fest of an afternoon game. BC-UND would have been great and like you said, if UND would've showed, they'd be going to Detwat in two weeks.
                      Why the * do you have to be a WI fan? You're okay.

I was really hoping for a UND/BC game, too. Either way I would have "won." Either I'm happy, or many of my friends would have been happy.

As for the crapfest game, if it's a 5-4 game because of excellent offense, fine. But 9-7? 4 goalies between two teams total in the game? That's embarrassing.

Comment

If they have lady freinds they may be going there already.
                        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Why the * do you have to be a WI fan? You're okay.
                          We almost chose Minneapolis over Madison back in 93 after college. I'd have still been a Badger fan of course, but other than your unbelievably horrible sports teams/fans, I love Minnesota - always have.

We're not all bad people and like I've said many times before, lots of my friends are Minnesota folks/fans.

Okay, resumption of hostilities... That shimmering alternate jersey? Really?

I'm sure when the final poles come out you'll be ranked 9th somehow.

Comment

We almost chose Minneapolis over Madison back in 93 after college. I'd have still been a Badger fan of course, but other than your unbelievably horrible sports teams/fans, I love Minnesota - always have.

We're not all bad people and like I've said many times before, lots of my friends are Minnesota folks/fans.

Okay, resumption of hostilities... That shimmering alternate jersey? Really?

I'm sure when the final poles come out you'll be ranked 9th somehow.
                            Better than having a mascot that looks like a cross between a skunk and a popcorn box.

And do I have to bring up that alternate jersey you guys had, with Bucky? Google even thinks it's too ugly to have on their search. I KNOW you know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Better than having a mascot that looks like a cross between a skunk and a popcorn box.

And do I have to bring up that alternate jersey you guys had, with Bucky? Google even thinks it's too ugly to have on their search. I KNOW you know what I'm talking about.
                              Every Badger fan I ever see wearing that thing I go up to and say, "Really?"
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Every Badger fan I ever see wearing that thing I go up to and say, "Really?"
                                Got mine on right now. Game worn!

Comment

Working...
                                X