Minnesota Whitecaps Vs. Brampton Thunder 2010 Clarkson Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Whitecaps Vs. Brampton Thunder 2010 Clarkson Cup

The final is televised tonight on TSN @ 9:00 EST.

EDIT: Minnesota 1 Brampton 0 - goal scored by Chelsea Brodt (?)
    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 03-28-2010, 08:15 PM.

Re: Minnesota Whitecaps Vs. Brampton Thunder 2010 Clarkson Cup

Lots of talk by the commentators during the first period of this game about the meetings held in January between the CWHL and the NHL (Gary Bettman) in an effort to bring to life the proposed WNHL. The proposal is for 6 teams to begin in 2012/13 incorporating players from the CWHL & the WWHL as well as European players.

Comment

Minnesota 2, Brampton 0 midway thru 2nd - goal by Jenny Potter

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Lots of talk by the commentators during the first period of this game about the meetings held in January between the CWHL and the NHL (Gary Bettman) in an effort to bring to life the proposed WNHL. The proposal is for 6 teams to begin in 2012/13 incorporating players from the CWHL & the WWHL as well as European players.
        That would be interesting...cuz the way it sits right now I dont think the CWHL will survive. Teams are run like minor hockey teams with some Olympians scattered throughout. Lack of major sponsors makes it too expensive for college graduating players. Let's hope something happens cuz I dont think this league will be around in three years in this format.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
          That would be interesting...cuz the way it sits right now I dont think the CWHL will survive. Teams are run like minor hockey teams with some Olympians scattered throughout. Lack of major sponsors makes it too expensive for college graduating players. Let's hope something happens cuz I dont think this league will be around in three years in this format.
          Agreed. The WWHL is in trouble as well due to the unfortunate demise of the Oval Extreme. Maybe a Phoenix will rise from the ashes?

Comment

Minnesota 3, Brampton 0 - 3rd goal scored by Fisher.

Wait Minnesota 4, Brampton 0 - 4th goal by Brooke White

7 minutes remaining in the 3rd

Comment

Minnesota Whitecaps (WWHL) beat the Brampton Thunder (CWHL) 4 - 0 to take the 2010 Clarkson Cup. This is the first time the cup will leave Canada.

Interesting to note that the Whitecaps only had 11 skaters throughout this match and Jennie Potter played the entire 3rd period.

Comment

Interesting to note that the Whitecaps only had 11 skaters throughout this match and Jennie Potter played the entire 3rd period.
                ...and therein lies the problem...not enough quality players can commit/afford to play at this level. It's not cheap. Lets hope the NHL/CWHL can hammer out something ... and sooner rather than later.

Comment

That game was absolutely awful. If watching that was anyone's first exposure to women's hockey, they'd never watch a game again. I've seen literally dozens of better PWHL level games this season.

This league is in big trouble. There's not nearly enough quality talent for the teams that exist. And when a significant portion of the quality talent for the 4 participating teams that does exist can't be bothered to show up even for the championship weekend , you can't wonder why no one is interested in following it all season long.

Congrats to the Whitecaps. Sorry the hockey wasn't more competitive to justify your travel expenses.

Comment

Quite honestly I dont know how Brampton got through. I watched them play alot this season and they were probably the fourth best team in the CWHL. Montreal was the powerhouse throughout the regular season.

Brampton must of loaded up with Olympians because in the regular season they weren't close to being as competitive as Montreal, Mississauga, or Burlington. But...they made it ...so congrats...

Comment

Quite honestly I dont know how Brampton got through. I watched them play alot this season and they were probably the fourth best team in the CWHL. Montreal was the powerhouse throughout the regular season.

Brampton must of loaded up with Olympians because in the regular season they weren't close to being as competitive as Montreal, Mississauga, or Burlington. But...they made it ...so congrats...
                      Your not alone...Cassie Campbell was surprised as well and mentioned it numerous times. The Montreal Stars unexpectantly lost to Brampton in the semi...which apparently was a really good game. Brampton had Molly Engstrom, Jayna Hefford and Gillian Apps...and I think that was it.
                      Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 03-28-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Hefford, Apps and Engstrom were added this weekend, so obviously that helped a lot. I suspect part of the problem for the other teams may have been that some of their regulars may have been missing. I know Mississauga didn't have the services of the Olympians they expected (Botterill & Piper).

Comment

Your not alone...Cassie Campbell was surprised as well and mentioned it numerous times. .
                          As usual, she was even more awful than the game itself.

Comment

Working...
                          X