Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Huskies 2010 Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
    kind of explains why they brought in Mitch MacMillian(there Red Cloud and brianvf are you happy?)
    Flip out, why doncha.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

merely apologizing for my previous faux pa
      A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
        I agree with all of you about NoDak. The whole state supports UND. They really don't care about NDSU as much. I was in western NoDak a few years back and even out there they are die hard fans as you can get. The downside is that I am going back to the western part of North Dakota in September.
        Uhm, what? NDSU and UND are pretty much equal's in North Dakota in terms of fans. The interesting thing is that its almost town by town. One town is made up of all UND fans and the next town 20 miles away is all NDSU. I have family spread out across North Dakota and this is how I've seen it. I have a theory that 100 years ago the first person from each town who went to college was pretty much the determining factor in who that town now cheers for. Stupid theory? Maybe, but until someone can prove it wrong I'm sticking with it!

Comment

So, is this "Mitch" kid going to lead sing-alongs in the locker room, like that guy used to do on old time TV? Do you suppose he knows the Hummel guy? I'm still looking for a deal on those cute figurines.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
            Uhm, what? NDSU and UND are pretty much equal's in North Dakota in terms of fans. The interesting thing is that its almost town by town. One town is made up of all UND fans and the next town 20 miles away is all NDSU. I have family spread out across North Dakota and this is how I've seen it. I have a theory that 100 years ago the first person from each town who went to college was pretty much the determining factor in who that town now cheers for. Stupid theory? Maybe, but until someone can prove it wrong I'm sticking with it!
            I'm going to have to disagree. UND has a far bigger following statewide. If you go out to Bismarck or Dickinson, they're far more likely to be Sioux fans. NDSU has a decent following around Fargo, but a small following outside of a 1 hour radius of Fargo.

Only recently, after NDSU found some D-I success in bouncyball and football has their statewide popularity increased, but it's still not close.

NDSU, where the men are men and the women are too.
            Last edited by Pump It Up; 08-24-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

So Rud is gone... that's unfortunate. He was a great recruiter and defensive coach. I think we should start a "Draft Bret Hedican" petition!
              scsuhockey.com
              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                So Rud is gone... that's unfortunate. He was a great recruiter and defensive coach. I think we should start a "Draft Bret Hedican" petition!
                Not happening? Why? Because when you're Kristi Yamaguchi, you don't live in St. Cloud.

Comment

[QUOTE=HumRsky;4844486]The new stadium's size is what it is because if capacity was exactly one larger, they would have had to spend the money on an environmental impact study. I also a agree with the people that are saying that it was much easier for all of the Dakota schools to move to D1 because they are flagship schools in their states and have the population (such as it is) and, more importantly, the government supporting them. SCSU would not receive such support. While I think it would be cool to be D1, I think it would be an even bigger disaster than the athletic department is now.

I agree with you. D1 would be a huge mistake for SCSU. Let's be honest. The UofM struggles to compete at the D1 level. If SCSU went DI they would be comparable to Crookston at the DII level. On a further note there is an article in the Star Tribune that points out a mere 14 NCAA programs turned a profit last year. There is wide spread evidence of the destructive force of the downturn in the economy and the lack of value on higher education across the county.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Not happening? Why? Because when you're Kristi Yamaguchi, you don't live in St. Cloud.
                    I realize it's not going to happen for several reasons, but having to live NEAR St. Cloud is not one of them. Bret and Kristi currently have a place in Brainerd, which would be an easy enough commute for an Assistant Coach.
                    scsuhockey.com
                    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

A few details on Rud leaving SCSU for the USHL's Gamblers. News conference at 2:30 pm today.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sport...-Rud-new-coach
                      St. Norbert College Green Knights
                      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      ---
                      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                        I realize it's not going to happen for several reasons, but having to live NEAR St. Cloud is not one of them. Bret and Kristi currently have a place in Brainerd, which would be an easy enough commute for an Assistant Coach.
                        They have a place there, but they don't live there, and there's a reason for that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bronzebacks;4847208]
                          Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                          The new stadium's size is what it is because if capacity was exactly one larger, they would have had to spend the money on an environmental impact study. I also a agree with the people that are saying that it was much easier for all of the Dakota schools to move to D1 because they are flagship schools in their states and have the population (such as it is) and, more importantly, the government supporting them. SCSU would not receive such support. While I think it would be cool to be D1, I think it would be an even bigger disaster than the athletic department is now.

I agree with you. D1 would be a huge mistake for SCSU. Let's be honest. The UofM struggles to compete at the D1 level. If SCSU went DI they would be comparable to Crookston at the DII level. On a further note there is an article in the Star Tribune that points out a mere 14 NCAA programs turned a profit last year. There is wide spread evidence of the destructive force of the downturn in the economy and the lack of value on higher education across the county.
                          College sports not immune from budget cuts/

And for those of you that might be interested in what more football minded SCSU fans are thinking....
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Yeah, Tommyboy is really smart here. Rides women's sports as useless, and then turns around and wants to move SCSU up to D1-AA. Hello McFly!! NCAA rules state that at the D1-AA level, you must have 14 sports, either seven men/seven women, or 8 women/6 men's sports.

Can't have one without the other Tommyboy.
                            Are you really that stupid? Go back and read what I said. I never said I thought they should move to D1. The school doesn't have the money or support. If they had those things sure I would like it, but I doubt that would ever happen.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
                              Wow. I heard that oinking loud and clear. Women's sports = worthless.

Going to have to agree on your athletic director. In my limited interaction with him, I came off as the more mature person. And that never happens.
                              There are plenty of useless men's sports as well. Useless= Wrestling, swimming, Tennis and golf.........
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                                There are plenty of useless men's sports as well. Useless= Wrestling, swimming, Tennis and golf.........
                                Dudes play tennis?

Comment

Working...
                                X