freshmen get to play on the hockey team. Does it go by how
      good you are or does the coach only play them so much because
      they are freshmen.
      Just wondering because I have a freind that will be a freshmen
      this year, Nic Dowd.
      Welcome to the board Nic!

Comment

• Re: SCSU Huskies 2010 Off-Season Thread

For the A-Z... I'm guessing Roe as the senior got shot with possible attitude questions, Marvin as the marked man, Lee as the highly touted goalie looking to live up to the hype after an inconsistent season, or Dunn as the goalie that's always been overshadowed, but continues to deserve playing time.
        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
          For the A-Z... I'm guessing Roe as the senior got shot with possible attitude questions, Marvin as the marked man, Lee as the highly touted goalie looking to live up to the hype after an inconsistent season, or Dunn as the goalie that's always been overshadowed, but continues to deserve playing time.
          Roe's WAY too big of a name, to a lesser extent so's Mike Lee, and Marvin was done his sophomore year. Even though they normally like sophomores, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Drew LeBlanc. If we're not going with a gut feeling Eddy's the smart bet as he wasn't overly touted coming in, wasn't drafted, and as INCH loves, is going into his second year.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
            As long as you bring one of your hot babes.
            I asume Tom can't be my hot babe?

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Badger Badger Badger Badger.
            hah
            Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
            Pieps, it will be great seeing you again! Although did see you at the Final Five. [Your buddy RC may not remember, but trust you do!]
            Definitely. I'm sure he does too...everyone was just so shocked that we won a game
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
            Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

[QUOTE=BigPieps;4831758]I asume Tom can't be my hot babe?
              I didn't know you swung both ways.

On another note, the 2 seats behind me are available season tickets.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by BigPieps View Post

Definitely. I'm sure he does too...everyone was just so shocked that we won a game
                The Boom is definitely referring to the Final Five championship game. I was almost too drunk to stand before the game started and yet was able to deliver a flawless Bracketology analysis when I ran into him and the Pope on the lower level.

There are definitely big pockets of time that I don't recall from that evening, but fortunately they don't include those two quick goals in the 1st period.

Pretty sure Pieps was only there the following week for the regional, because if he was there for the Final Five I would have been getting drunk with him instead of getting drunk with GLM and assorted Gopher and Tech rubes.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  Why do you care about the Gophers?
                  I don't.

Why don't you ask College Hockey News?

Comment

Pretty sure Pieps was only there the following week for the regional, because if he was there for the Final Five I would have been getting drunk with him instead of getting drunk with GLM and assorted Gopher and Tech rubes.
                    Admit that you had fun tailgating with us.

Didn't I give you a New Glarus beer even after you were trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me for marrying a guy from Benton County?
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                      Admit that you had fun tailgating with us.
                      I never said that I didn't.

Didn't I give you a New Glarus beer even after you were trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me for marrying a guy from Benton County?
                      I don't recall that, but the entire bottle of Baltika plus the Bailey's Blizzard that I downed ahead of the title game might have been part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        You make it sound like those players are going on to make millions in pro football. The school has 17,000 students, I doubt losing 12 football players a year is going ot hurt the bottom line.
                        Its not just those 12 football alumni a year that SCSU would be losing, its all of the football alumni who donate back to SCSU. You go get the numbers from the athletic department and you would see that its still a good sizable amount. if say those 12 football alumni a year are on average, giving back to SCSU say 50 bucks. Might not all go to the athletic department per say, but still goes to SCSU. If you have say 50 years worth of football alumni giving back to SCSU, St. Cloud should easily be getting back from those alumni 30,000 a year, and thats with minimal effort from the AD department in getting those alumni to donate back. A little effort, say getting those alumni on a email and phonecalling list to get them to donate back to SCSU, and you could easily get that number up to 60,000 to 100,000 a year. With as tough as the economy is, that little extra cash flow into SCSU can easily mean the difference between all of the athletic teams getting PB&J's while busing to their next event, or getting to shop somewhere where that has a buffet where they can get a salad and load up on good carbs and lean protein. Would you want the mens hockey team going up against North Dakota or Wisconsin after having a few soggy PB&J's before they got off the bus for the skate around?
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

The Boom is definitely referring to the Final Five championship game. I was almost too drunk to stand before the game started and yet was able to deliver a flawless Bracketology analysis when I ran into him and the Pope on the lower level.
                          I think I was with you...but I was pretty drunk too.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            I think I was with you...but I was pretty drunk too.
                            Yeah you were there, I don't remember which one of you nearly fell down the slope of the parking lot we crossed through on the way back though.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Yeah you were there, I don't remember which one of you nearly fell down the slope of the parking lot we crossed through on the way back though.
                              I don't think that was me. My coordination doesn't usually start to go until I'm approaching coma levels of BAC.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                I'm gonna say about 40% of the people who went that route.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X