FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

It isn't a stupid question if you've never been to Detroit and think it is like the majority of football stadiums which are outdoors.
    RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

I think Mania has a point.
      I mean, I read on the UW Hockey Blog last week that Blake Geoffrion said in a radio interview that UW was totally looking past RIT and studying only tape of BC and Miami.
      http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...ally-what.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
        It isn't a stupid question if you've never been to Detroit and think it is like the majority of football stadiums which are outdoors.
        Your right... No one watches NFL football at all, thus has NO Idea

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Maybe I don't understand irony.
          Maybe not. It's all within your single post. (Unless you don't consider the big red "FAIL" to be "talking smack".)

Then you go on to make fun of an RIT "ejewkashun". Priceless.

I just can't imagine how RIT dares to try to keep up with all the big-time DI hockey schools.

How's Wisconsin's graduation rate for student athletes? Never mind, I know, that doesn't matter ... it's only number of NCAA championships that matter.

Now for some RIT cockiness ... only one team can possibly "fail" in the UW-RIT matchup. Ponder that. No pressure.
          -M

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
            Your right... No one watches NFL football at all, thus has NO Idea
            Sorry for the double post, but how many people actually watch Detroit football on TV???

But I'm with you really. I've had an extraordinary number of people ask me about playing the gam outside. When I say Ford Field has a roof, they seem genuinely surprised. No idea why ... maybe all those windows make people think there isn't a roof. And on a relate note, for those that have been there. Is there any danger of direct sun getting down to the ice during the early game (or any time for that matter)? I'd guess not, from the pics I've seen, but I've never been there. Hate to have a goal scored because the goalie was blinded by the sun...
            -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
              Maybe not. It's all within your single post. (Unless you don't consider the big red "FAIL" to be "talking smack".)
              My take was the "fail" was referring to the comment an RIT poster made about "a lot" of Wisconsin fans being arrogant about RIT, which was quickly and completely backpedaled, after it was stated that it was YOUTUBE COMMENTERS (average IQ -175) and absolutely NO ONE on this site or in any form of the media. I am guessing you didn't read the entire conversation.

so, no. it wasn't talking smack in any way, shape or form - unless you're counting smack about stupid posts and not hockey.

Comment

I just can't imagine how RIT dares to try to keep up with all the big-time DI hockey schools.

How's Wisconsin's graduation rate for student athletes? Never mind, I know, that doesn't matter ... it's only number of NCAA championships that matter.

Now for some RIT cockiness ... only one team can possibly "fail" in the UW-RIT matchup. Ponder that. No pressure.
                Just for clarity...by graduation rate do you mean players who spend all four years here playing hockey or all players. The later would be much lower since we have many early departures to the NHL. (Here it would be cocky to say "I am not sure you have that same problem on your team." However, I am above that )

Also, on a related note. Even after Turris left and played a couple of games in the NHL, he DID return to finish his semester work up. I mean after tasting NHL money...I have a lot of respect for a player who comes back just to work towards more credits that someday may work toward a degree.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

I'll try to spell this out for you. Taking a poster to task for something that he wrote and making a little fun of him is not talking smack.

In his original statement, he pointed out how cocky our fans are, implying that we were overconfident of the upcoming game and hoped that our players would be also. He was implying that we were taking your team lightly. We weren't, there was no proof that we were and he was proven to be talking out his arse.

To me, talking smack is more along the lines of mentioning our championships, draft picks, superior talent, good looking co-eds etc. Things that YOU mentioned, not me.

Does that help?

P.S. Are you really a professor? Yikes!
                  Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-05-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                    My take was the "fail" was referring to the comment an RIT poster made about "a lot" of Wisconsin fans being arrogant about RIT, which was quickly and completely backpedaled, after it was stated that it was YOUTUBE COMMENTERS (average IQ -175) and absolutely NO ONE on this site or in any form of the media. I am guessing you didn't read the entire conversation.
                    Actually if you look below someone found a comment from this site. I was just too lazy too look for any.

In his original statement, he pointed out how cocky our fans are, implying that we were overconfident of the upcoming game and hoped that our players would be also. He was implying that we were taking your team lightly. We weren't, there was no proof that we were and he was proven to be talking out his arse.
                    I wasn't implying anything...it may have seemed that way but like I said I used the wrong choice of words. Your team would be stupid to overlook anyone in the field at this point....and I wasn't suggesting that it was. What I was saying was that it would be nice if they did.
                    Last edited by Mania; 04-05-2010, 06:49 PM.
                    RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but how many people actually watch Detroit football on TV???

But I'm with you really. I've had an extraordinary number of people ask me about playing the gam outside. When I say Ford Field has a roof, they seem genuinely surprised. No idea why ... maybe all those windows make people think there isn't a roof. And on a relate note, for those that have been there. Is there any danger of direct sun getting down to the ice during the early game (or any time for that matter)? I'd guess not, from the pics I've seen, but I've never been there. Hate to have a goal scored because the goalie was blinded by the sun...
                      My favorite team, THE PACKERS!!, play in the same league. But I would think most people who watch football would know that Detroit's field is indoors. They have been playing indoors for well over 20 years. Oh well, back to hockey talk. So I have heard on this thread that UW is going to KILL RIT Its true, Mania said so

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post

so, no. it wasn't talking smack in any way, shape or form - unless you're counting smack about stupid posts and not hockey.
                        Yes, I understood all the posts. Where I come from though, saying to someone "so you ... FAIL" would be considered talking smack. I realized the topics changed, but that's still irony. Anyway, enough on irony and smack ... let's all get back to hockey. Both teams are too good to let this devolve into an internet flamewar on grammar and "internet truth".

So what are the fan expectations out in Badger-land? Is anything less than a championship a disappointment, or was this a success in just making it to the Frozen Four. I would think as a 1-seed expectations are sky high.

(Also just noticed/realized that RIT would have to beat 3 of 4 1-seeds to win it all. Has that ever happened before?)
                        -M

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                          Actually if you look below someone found a comment from this site. I was just too lazy too look for any.
                          Understatement. I love this "someone" found a comment. Excuse me, I need to go make up more BS

Comment

To me, talking smack is more along the lines of mentioning our championships, draft picks, superior talent, good looking co-eds etc. Things that YOU mentioned, not me.

Does that help?

P.S. Are you really a professor? Yikes!
                            Where did I mention good-looking co-eds. Can you even read???

Actually it didn't help, because I already had it all and yes, I really am a Professor and I can decide for myself what talking smack is. And yes, you did it again. You guys are trying to wiggle around it, but you're sounding just about as cocky as Mania suggested.

Does anyone want to discuss any of the relevant questions I posed? (Like about the windows and expectations ... the grad rate thing was talking smack on my part.)
                            -M

Comment

Yes, I understood all the posts. Where I come from though, saying to someone "so you ... FAIL" would be considered talking smack. I realized the topics changed, but that's still irony. Anyway, enough on irony and smack ... let's all get back to hockey. Both teams are too good to let this devolve into an internet flamewar on grammar and "internet truth".

So what are the fan expectations out in Badger-land? Is anything less than a championship a disappointment, or was this a success in just making it to the Frozen Four. I would think as a 1-seed expectations are sky high.

(Also just noticed/realized that RIT would have to beat 3 of 4 1-seeds to win it all. Has that ever happened before?)
                              Well, since UW is there, might as well win it all
                              RIT will be a tough team for UW. It should be a great game with some good defense. Unlike the other game, BC was not impressive on the defensive side.

Comment

Where did I mention good-looking co-eds. Can you even read???

Actually it didn't help, because I already had it all and yes, I really am a Professor and I can decide for myself what talking smack is.
                                You were thinking it.

And if that's smack talk, then you wouldn't last ten posts in a typical WCHA thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X