FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

Should be interesting if RIT can handle UW's depth upfront and at the blue line. nothing is going to come easy for RIT but there goalie is a beast so if UW throws 20 pucks on him in the 1st and gets nothing out of it, we have seen frustration hold this team back at times this season. I wish it was this eekend, although the extra week to allow RIT to cool off a bid may be ok too...
    The Quest For 7

Comment

Gudmenson's been exactly what UW has needed this year, steady, no "killer" goals given up (worst I've seen was the 3rd by SCSU on Sat). UW has enough offense to win a game, just can't have a goaltender lose it. I agree, he will give you a heart attack at least once a night, but he gets the job done. Bennett gives you about 3 heart attacks a game, and one "softie" a game as well.

For our Rochester friends, is Dinosaur's BBQ still open there? Been a while, but I remember that being very tasty!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
        For our Rochester friends, is Dinosaur's BBQ still open there? ...
        Live and kicking
        Last edited by eyeoutthere; 03-29-2010, 03:45 PM.
        RIT ’05 EE Alumn
        Self proclaimed 'bandwagon' fan
        One of the many LS1 RX7s born in Rochester.

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't fly to Detroit for that weekend but I look forward to watching on ESPN2. Wisconsin is a big DI school with a long history in hockey. They will be a tough opponent for RIT. I'm sure both teams are doing their homework and will be at their best April 8. It will be an exciting game that will bring Wisconsin and RIT fans on the edge of their seat.

As an undergrad, I loved the energy of RIT hockey and tried not to miss a game. The fan base has always been very large and grassroots, often coming early to set up. It was not hard to fill up Ritter Arena and turn fans away before the DI days so the arena must be bursting at its seams now. Any plans to build a new arena?

It is great to see Tiger Hockey program ascend to the NCAA Division I Frozen Four. The team has shown they are nationally first-rate and can take on the big, established hockey powerhouses. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually thinking about donating, although not very much as I'm still in graduate school. I can only imagine this will boost alumni giving.

Wayne Wilson has done a spectacular job this year. I hope he continues to coach the team for many seasons to come.

This is just the beginning.
          Damian Eads
          B.Sc. RIT '04, Ph.D. UCSC '10
          Web: http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~eads

Go TIGERS!

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
            -

Can't wait to zip through Ontario on my way to Detroit next week.
            Don't be zipping too fast the OPP WILL CATCH YOU!!!!!!!!
            Lets go Brampton Battalions

Comment

Originally posted by ZamboniDude View Post

- RIT is a 4 seed but they clearly don't care about seedings or PWR. They keep coming and coming. So, if Wisconsin forgets the seeding thing and the perceived talent disparity and just treats RIT as they would any other equally skilled opponent, it will serve them well. .
              Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by unclenick View Post
                Thanks for the warning ... can't say it hasn't happened before. But the "flow of traffic" is always a bit quicker once I cross that border from NY into Ontario!
                -M

Comment

Originally posted by unclenick View Post
                  Don't you mean OCP? It is Detroit after all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocop
                  The Rochester Institute of Technology
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post
                    Don't you mean OCP? It is Detroit after all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocop
                    NO it's O-P-P aka Julian fantino

Comment

Originally posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
                      Maybe so, i was going by what many of my friends in Madison were telling me since they watch much more than i do. (I get the FSN North (Minnesota) feed in Chicago) Many of them had told me Goaltending could be better...
                      I dont think it will be on Gudmanson shoulders anyway.
                      For the most part, people in Madison and badger fans in general often expect a tremendous amount out of our goaltending. We have had such a strong tradition in developing (or having) excellence in that position we often expect too much and look down upon goaltenders that are very good. Players like Mike Richter, Curtis Joseph, Brian Elliott and Bernd Bruckler really have created such high expectations for UW Badgers in goal that often, we are negative when we really have a good, but not spectacular goaltender.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Sucks that we have to wait two weeks for the FF.

So does the two week layoff favor either team?

How do the coaches keep their teams sharp?
                        Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                          Sucks that we have to wait two weeks for the FF.

So does the two week layoff favor either team?

I'm not sure it favors any team.. gives both team a week or so to review video and so forth...as for keeping the team sharp, just practice..i mean think about ncaa football and the bowl games.. some teams don't play the game for a month...for us its only 2 weeks so, plus it gives anyone with injuries or feeling banged up to recover..

Comment

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                            Wayne Wilson and Jerry York both were asked about this during the NCAA press conference today. Wilson mentioned that having a few days to deal with media, tickets for family, travel, etc., before focusing on the hockey was good. York pointed out that before they made the change, you'd get back on Sunday (often very late) and have to be at the site of the tournament on Tuesday which was very short. And he said that it was much easier for fans to make arrangements with an extra few days.

Comment

This might be a stupid question...but how do they keep a hockey rink cold inside a football stadium?
                              RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

I watched all of DU's games this year and Wisconsin was the best team that they played, better than BC who DU beat in early January. DU went 0-2-1 against Wisconsin and got smoked in the WCHA consolation game. They played two very close games earlier in the year. The Badgers have a deeper defense than DU and more balanced scoring. DU had better goaltending than the Badgers. RIT's goalie is going to have to play better than he did against DU to get a win and he played a great game against DU. The first goal is going to be huge in this game. My money is on the Badgers in this game. I see Miami beating BC in the other game setting up a Miami/Wisconsin final. I think the final game goes to OT with a fluke goal winning it for one of the teams.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X