FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFFF Semi (4/8): Wisconsin vs. RIT

wow. the game is tomorrow and the only talk i see is a page and a half devoted to different beers. not really changing the stereotypes i have heard of wisconsin.
    Last edited by dutchbrowncoat; 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM.
    i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
      wow. the game is tomorrow and the only talk i see is a page and a half devoted to different beers. not really changing the stereotypes i have heard of wisconsin haha.
      I thought the stereotype was that we were cocky smack-talkers.

Personally, I've got little more to say regarding the hockey. The game will be decided on the ice. I am getting increasingly nervous the closer we get to it. I could use a good beer right now ...

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post

Personally, I've got little more to say regarding the hockey. The game will be decided on the ice. I am getting increasingly nervous the closer we get to it. I could use a good beer right now ...
        ....or 3...
        In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
        "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
          ....or 3...
          ...dozen?

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
            wow. the game is tomorrow and the only talk i see is a page and a half devoted to different beers. not really changing the stereotypes i have heard of wisconsin.
            My goodness... what have I done. My apologies all...

There are 10 minutes left before we are officially under 24 hours till puck drop. As such this will be my very last non-hockey post as I've derailed this thread far too badly already.

aktick, no worries I'm just fun'in ya. It's tough to give suggestions to someone when they don't really know what they like. Beer can be even more varied than wine and everybody finds their own type. I'll say this, a double pale ale is a pretty aggressive beer. If you like those kinds of beers it's a good sign that there's a beer connoisseur inside of you just waiting to get out! Sadly I don't have too many good suggestions for you with that being the only thing to go on because I'm personally not a fan of pale ales. More of a stout / red guy. I do have a beer that everybody I've ever suggested to has absolutely loved: Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen. This is THE authentic German Oktoberfest beer. Tasty, drinkable... you just can't go wrong.

What I WILL suggest is to just try, try and try again. If you don't recognize the name, order a pint. If your out pounding a few with the guys, start with something different and work your way back to what you're comfortable with. Don't be surprised if some have some really strong flavors... some that you'll hate. Microbrewers often try some crazy stuff with the goal being something different, not something you can drink all night. You'll want to focus on finding a good session beer.

Looks like my 10 minutes are up. Now that we're under a day away from hockey, I just wanted to send my thanks out to you Badgers out there. I've had a lot of fun with you leading up to the game, but in all seriousness this is amazing. I said it before and I'll say it again, it is a BIG DEAL to us that we're here because it means we get mentioned in the same breath as storied, historical, tradition rich teams like yours. Seeing RIT's logo on my Frozen Four T Shirt against giants such as yourself is... surreal to say the least. Here's to an incredible game tomorrow.

I CAN NOT WAIT.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post

I am with you on the nervousness. I do not know what it is but I am more worried about this game than the previous two. It might the magnitude and high hopes but I really need the next 24 hours to pass quickly so we can just play the game.
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                I am with you on the nervousness. I do not know what it is but I am more worried about this game than the previous two. It might the magnitude and high hopes but I really need the next 24 hours to pass quickly so we can just play the game.
                Oh, maybe you don't want to see the Badgers season end just yet. Just taking a wild guess.

I'm off to get a Siam Pale Ale at The Great Dane. Hope I can sleep tonight.

Comment

frig is ready.

Last edited by fritz; 04-08-2010, 06:46 AM.
                  WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by fritz View Post
                    frig is ready.

Now thats some serious thinner you have there...
                    Originally posted by solovsfett
                    To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Bucky Bucky Gonna get lucky Turk sees number 7 for those hated Badgers good luck

Comment

RIT, the clock is rapidly approaching midnight... Soon, your carriage will be just a pumpkin, your dress, nothing but rags. The only difference in this story is that this time, there will be no prince looking for you with that glass slipper you dropped. Your Cinderella story ends in heartbreak tonight.
                        Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Just about to leave for Detroit! LET"S GOOOOOOOOOOO TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS!
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

It's a GREAT Day for Hockey!

It's Friday, and 60's In Love
                            It's Thursday, and evidently Chuck is In Love

My Cheers/Songs of the Day
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

A little over 8 hours til the puck drops. I'm so distracted today that I figured that I'd better not bother working. Anything I would have gotten done today would probably have to be reworked next week in order to get it right.

While my brain says this is an impossible battle for RIT, My heart says GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                              NCAA DII - 1983
                              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Anyone know what conference the Refs are from for this afternoon's game? They won't be WCHA or Atlantic Hockey refs, wll they?
                                Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Working...
                                X