This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of North Dakota - Offseason Thread 2010

Well, I figured I'd start up a real offseason thread for the team.

Tough game for the Sioux, but that's what happens when you don't show up for 60 minutes.

Questions looming for the offseason...

Does Chay apply for a medical redshirt?

What recruits are coming in for next season?

Does anyone leave early for the pro ranks?

Was this season successful?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: University of North Dakota - Offseason Thread 2010

The team should be awesome in 2010-2011 so long as key players don't leave during the off-season. I, too, am interested in who comes in as freshmen.
    A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

This thread is better.

The biggest question is what Chay does.
      I would love to see him come back, but we'll see. Will he want to start a pro career instead?

We have some studs coming in next fall both offensively and defensively, so it will be a battle for playing time again.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Who would have thought after Chay went down and the rough patch in Dec. and Jan. that this team would even have made it to a regional - and as the highest 2 seed! This team exceeded my expectations and I really liked how they didn't just lay down when they were down 3 going into the 3rd. The character of the guys and the fight until the end attitude should carry over into next season quite nicely. Considering, barring no defections, we will have 20 players back from this team next year...we should have a solid team that can make major noise and potentially get us #8.

Congrats on a great season, boys. It's going to be a long 6 months....I can't wait to see what they can do next year!!

(My guess is Chay is back next year. Call it a strong hunch...)

Comment

Nice season boys. If you would've showed up at the regionals I don't think there was a team there that could beat you, but oh well, that's how it goes. Congrats on a nice season and a Broadmoor Trophy.

Comment

2010-2011 Fighting Sioux Roster

Defense
            Blood, Jr
            Davidson, Sr
            Fienhage, Jr
            Genoway, Sr
            Gleason, So
            Hill, So
            LaPoint, Sr
            MacWilliam, So
            Marto, Sr

Forward
            Bruneteau, So
            Cichy, So
            Frattin, Sr
            Gregoire, Jr
            Hextall, Jr
            Knight, So
            Kristo, So
            Lamoureux, Jr
            Malone, Sr
            Rowney, So
            Toews, Jr
            Trupp, Sr

Goalie
            Dell, So
            Eidsness, Jr
            Maris, So

Potential incoming recruits:
            Danny Mattson, F
            Derek Rodwell, F
            Nick Mattson, D
            Derek Forbort, D

There is also a chance that Dillon Simpson (D) and/or Brock Nelson (F) might come in this fall as well.

Potential early departures (for different reasons):
            Blood, Fienhage, Genoway, and Gregoire

Thoughts?
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Great season, wish it could have lasted a few games longer. Hopefully Genoway is back next year, would really like to see what this season should have been for him, it started out so well.

Anybody know the rules on applying for a medical red shirt? Do you have to apply before a certain date, though, I don't suppose it would necessarily be announced if it already has, or is going to be done.

Now for the worst part of the year, hoping your favorite players don't leave early.
              Fight on Sioux

Comment

Great job boys!! Was a good run at the end, and is it October yet? Good thing the ice is going out on LOW so we can soon get out the boats and kill some time until next season!! GO SIOUX!
                Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it's ok that the Sioux laid down today. Why they didn't have the skill to win is beyond me. Why they didn't show up to play is also beyond me.

Flight risks include Kristo as well...I don't think he'll be an issue though. I could see all the guys returning next year.
                  Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Was this this season successful?

I'd have to say yes, it was. After losing Chay, the team went through a time where they couldn't play well. They were able to overcome that and step it up during the second half. I don't think anyone expected them to get home ice for WCHA 1st round playoffs, let along win the tournament. We can't say the Sioux had anything to do with SCSU beating WI, but they played hard and proved they were the better team at the time.

Playing 3 games in the 3 days is hard. If there were a week more of time between the conference tourneys and the start of the national tourney, would they have been better? Who knows.

At the beginning of the season, there were high expectations. They had to get adjusted, and I believe it was a success. One more trophy is always nice...what's better though is #8.
                    THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                    1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                    1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                    University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                    University of Oregon Ducks Football
                    San Francisco Giants
                    Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                      I'm not going to sit here and pretend that it's ok that the Sioux laid down today. Why they didn't have the skill to win is beyond me. Why they didn't show up to play is also beyond me.

When you get old like me, you will have seen a lot more of this. We get caught up in our traditions and images of the way we imagine things to be, but at the end of the day, they are all still college kids, and you never really know what you'll see for sure....
                      Last edited by Puck Swami; 03-27-2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                        When you get old like me, you will have seen a lot more of this. We get caught up in our tradititions and images of the way we imagine things to be, but at at end day, they are all still college kids, and you never really know what you'll see for sure....
                        So true...
                        "I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones......"

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                          When you get old like me, you will have seen a lot more of this. We get caught up in our tradititions and images of the way we imagine things to be, but at at end day, they are all still college kids, and you never really know what you'll see for sure....
                          Great post Swami. Very true. +1

Comment

Frattin's goal was the SportsCenter #1 play of the day.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

The standard for "success" in Grand Forks and Denver is both simple and difficult: hanging another banner. Both programs are in a race to get to #8 first, and that's a good thing. But a season that fails to be a "success" based on that lofty criterion is not a failure. Fans of both programs are pretty spoiled and occasionally give off the aroma of entitlement. We aren't entitled to anything. We have to earn it.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                              X