• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota - Offseason Thread 2010

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Full face shields are your friend.
    That has to be a consideration...

Other news, Ryan Johnson is back in the lineup for the Canucks. He is their best penalty killer.
    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Yeah, he wasn't the RA, but he was in our Suite. What is he up to these days?

That's crazy about Baker...
      No Jersey wasn't an RA, Baker was...

Jersey's flying for Continental United. He and Jackie got married around 4 years ago, and have a 16 month old son (I know, I can't believe they let him have a kid either).

I find it funny Onion Man knows anything about "finalists"...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Nice honor for VandeVelde

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...roup/homepage/
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Best news I've heard all summer. Thank you Chay!!!!!

Genoway to return for senior year

UND defenseman Chay Genoway has decided to return for his senior season - a decision he will announce this afternoon at Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Genoway already has been granted his extra year of eligibility from the NCAA and will suit up as a fifth-year senior.

His return means that the Sioux will only lose two players from last year's team in Chris VandeVelde and Darcy Zajac.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

thanks Brian for being the bearer of good news.... you always seem to be so good at it

Comment

Sioux hockey player Chay Genoway will return for another year of Fighting Sioux Hockey, according to a source close to the situation. Genoway and the University of North Dakota will hold a press conference today at 1:00 p.m. to announce that the talented defenseman has decided to return to the team for the 2010-2011 season.

This news comes at the end of a very long and highly anticipated decision-making process for Genoway. Suffering from post-concussion syndrome since a November 13th hit by St. Cloud State's Aaron Marvin, Genoway has been unable to return to hockey-related workouts. Following the season, the senior applied for a medical redshirt year of eligibility, and was granted the extra year last week.

In returning for one more year, Genoway puts his professional career on hold. Approximately 5-6 NHL teams had expressed interest in the captain since the season's end.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I got to talk with Chay briefly at this years F5 and he is an extremely nice young man.... great to have you back Chay!!!

Comment

Quote:
                  Sioux hockey player Chay Genoway will return for another year of Fighting Sioux Hockey, according to a source close to the situation. Genoway and the University of North Dakota will hold a press conference today at 1:00 p.m. to announce that the talented defenseman has decided to return to the team for the 2010-2011 season.

This news comes at the end of a very long and highly anticipated decision-making process for Genoway. Suffering from post-concussion syndrome since a November 13th hit by St. Cloud State's Aaron Marvin, Genoway has been unable to return to hockey-related workouts. Following the season, the senior applied for a medical redshirt year of eligibility, and was granted the extra year last week.

In returning for one more year, Genoway puts his professional career on hold. Approximately 5-6 NHL teams had expressed interest in the captain since the season's end.
                  Great news for the Sioux! Here's to a productive and HEALTHY senior season for Chay.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJBKyTfCjCc&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJBKyTfCjCc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

According to Schlossman...it's Mark Kauk's birthday today. I'm convinced that's what Chay was waiting for...and he wanted to announce it for Kauker's birthday. Well, happy birthday Kauk!!
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

That is good news. What's even better news is that in order to receive the medical hardship waiver, Chay had to receive clearance from his doctors. That has to have been a relief for him.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Now, if you only had a whole team of overage Canadians, you might win a NC someday.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                            Now, if you only had a whole team of overage Canadians, you might win a NC someday.
                            We'll watch next season and hope!
                            sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              Just think if the Gophers could make the NCAA playoffs again, they might win a title someday too!

Now that Lucia recruited some players from outside MN, the Gophers stand a 50/50 shot at getting home ice in the WCHA again too.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Great to have Chay back.

But my concern now is they'll have to hope Simpson(and Mattson) will be willing to play another year of juniors. If Simpson is as hyped up as they say, he may pull a Wiercoch(sp?) and go to say, Wisconsin, a team that has lost some defensemen.
                                'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Working...
                                X