X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota - Offseason Thread 2010

Happy has selective memory.

First, the difference between Schroeder's contract and Finley's contract is that the names and positions and teams are different.

They both, unless I'm greatly mistaken, got rookie max.

Second, he also forgot that Finley was courted by Washington after his junior year to sign early. They even invited him to watch a game in Hershey.

He said it was nice and came back for his senior year.

The difference, then, is that Schroeder decided to go pro early and Finley came back.

That's the only difference.

And to be truthful, I expect Schroeder to make the NHL long before Finley but Finley WILL make it.
    Fire Greg Shepherd!!!!

It's spelled S I O U X

We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect. - Cary Eades, North Dakota Fighting Sioux Assistant Coach (Thanks PCM)

Comment

Originally posted by redwing77 View Post
      Happy has selective memory.

First, the difference between Schroeder's contract and Finley's contract is that the names and positions and teams are different.

They both, unless I'm greatly mistaken, got rookie max.

Second, he also forgot that Finley was courted by Washington after his junior year to sign early. They even invited him to watch a game in Hershey.

He said it was nice and came back for his senior year.

The difference, then, is that Schroeder decided to go pro early and Finley came back.

That's the only difference.

And to be truthful, I expect Schroeder to make the NHL long before Finley but Finley WILL make it.
      Unless finley invests heavily in a speed and puckhandling program he will never make it, Schroeder will definitely make the big show thanks to everything he learned before his 1.5 years at UM.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
        Unless finley invests heavily in a speed and puckhandling program he will never make it, Schroeder will definitely make the big show thanks to everything he learned before his 1.5 years at UM.
        Don't forget his stints on the WJC. He always played very well on the Intl stage during the WJC, and I was happy to cheer for him during that time.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

From Schlossman's twitter:

NTDP prospect Rocco Grimaldi has narrowed his college choices to UND, Denver and Notre Dame. He says he won't decide before July.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

FS23: Got this from Jersey. You remember him at all, IIRC he was an RA in West your freshman year...?

Former UND Student Body President Suffers Brain Injury at Minnesota Bar
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

INCH has the Sioux ranked #1 in their Top 10 Teams for 2011 List:

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...-11-the-teams/

Kind of surprising. I thought both Miami and BC would be above them.
              I think that either way the Sioux will be a title contender...but if Genoway comes back they will be one of the title favorites.

1. NORTH DAKOTA
              2009-10 Record: 25-13-5
              Key Returnees: F Jason Gregoire, F Danny Kristo, G Brad Eidsness, D Ben Blood, F Evan Trupp, F Brett Hextall, F Brad Malone, D Derrick LaPoint
              Key Losses: F Chris VandeVelde, F Darcy Zajac

Notice above that North Dakota loses only two integral players from its 2009-10 roster. Also notice that we didn’t include All-American level defenseman Chay Genoway on the Key Returnees list, who is eligible for a medical hardship waiver. The overriding theme is that North Dakota has the potential to be loaded for a huge season. Adding an elite recruiting class to an experienced and talented roster sets up well for a national championship run.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I think the hockey gods are catching up to me. Tooth knocked out last year, and now a puck in the mouth causing 5 stitches in my upper lip from a game played on Sunday in Bemidji. We lost 9-6 in the championship, not too bad for 9 guys playing against a bunch of ex-DI players.
                'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  FS23: Got this from Jersey. You remember him at all, IIRC he was an RA in West your freshman year...?

Former UND Student Body President Suffers Brain Injury at Minnesota Bar
                  Yeah, he wasn't the RA, but he was in our Suite. What is he up to these days?

That's crazy about Baker...
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    INCH has the Sioux ranked #1 in their Top 10 Teams for 2011 List:

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...-11-the-teams/

Kind of surprising. I thought both Miami and BC would be above them.
                    I think that either way the Sioux will be a title contender...but if Genoway comes back they will be one of the title favorites.
                    I think UND, BC, and Miami will the elite next year. Regarding preseason rankings, they are pretty useless this early in the offseason. BC was ranked # 16 in the INCH preseason last year and Wisconsin was # 13.

Pretty good odds BC and North Dakota could dance once again in St. Paul next April.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                      I think UND, BC, and Miami will the elite next year. Regarding preseason rankings, they are pretty useless this early in the offseason. BC was ranked # 16 in the INCH preseason last year and Wisconsin was # 13.

Pretty good odds BC and North Dakota could dance once again in St. Paul next April.
                      You don't think the gayphers will be "elite" next year?
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                        You don't think the gayphers will be "elite" next year?
                        Ha, I'm going to go with "no".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                          Tooth knocked out last year, and now a puck in the mouth causing 5 stitches in my upper lip from a game played on Sunday in Bemidji.
                          Full face shields are your friend.

No, please Parise, no!

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            No, please Parise, no!
                            Well, if it is the case, here's to hoping that they meet on Saturday night as opposed to Thursday...may give us a better chance
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

add Michigan, the second youngest team in D1 last year........BC was the youngest

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Well, if it is the case, here's to hoping that they meet on Saturday night as opposed to Thursday...may give us a better chance
                                At least the Sioux would get a "Finalist" trophy.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X