Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT used to play here.

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Plus, all the hoopla going on in Rochester right now. That too will die down a bit, and may be hard to reinvigorate in a week's time.
    But with all that talent why should it matter? I mean they are only playing Wisconson...Is it true that you've truely arrived when you make the front page of the D&C?

And yes, I might have a burnt orange shirt around here somewhere to wear for the 8th...gotta cheer on the underdog errr undercat....
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      But with all that talent why should it matter? I mean they are only playing Wisconson...Is it true that you've truely arrived when you make the front page of the D&C?

And yes, I might have a burnt orange shirt around here somewhere to wear for the 8th...gotta cheer on the underdog errr undercat....
      Under Cat, funny.

At least New York State has a dog in this in fight, and no matter what history one may have with this program, it's more fun to get on board.

I feel it may have to go through BC, but this years MM has been more than bizarre with the Butlers and RITs still playing, so who knows?

I have no history (luckliy) , so Go Tigers. Maybe they will get a new building out of this, there is talk.....

Comment

Originally posted by valliant defender View Post
        If RIT pulls this off it will be the upset of the century (in college hockey).
        It's only 10 years into the century.

However, if you're talking the history of the NCAA tournament, it would be bigger than Michigan State's upset of Clarkson in 1966.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
          5'-7", 110 lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes, talks to rodents?
          I was thinking more along these lines....

*****http://www.takkle.com/thumbs/scale/max/234x176/videothumbs/2006/12/1511/200.jpg******

Comment

Never been a fan of the Wisconsins....but my god lets go Badgers in two weeks!

Upset that Michigan got knocked out last night after some tough luck in overtime. It was a thrilling game for all that didn't watch but Michigan should have won the game about five times in the first overtime.

Tough way to go down especially after a referee error and bouncing one of the crossbar that had the goalie beat just minutes later.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

It is beyond me how anyone in the DIII universe can not be pulling for RIT at this time???

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Tough way to go down especially after a referee error and bouncing one of the crossbar that had the goalie beat just minutes later.
                I'm assuming your referring to the "goal after the whistle"? If so, here's my view of it:

There was delayed penalty being called against Miami (a good call, too). When the goalie made the initial save, it went off his chest, and then he attempted to clear it away by kicking it with the pad. As soon as he touched it with that pad, he (a Miami player) had played the puck, and thus play was dead due to the delayed penalty. Does it suck for Michigan? Yes. But would the Michigan team want the Ref to do his job THAT well (IMO, the only good officiating moment of the game) if the roles were reversed? You bet your ***!
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

It is beyond me how anyone in the DIII universe can not be pulling for RIT at this time???
                  Clearly you don't understand what the Elmira/RIT rivalry was then.

If you think M'ville and Elmira are rivals, that didn't hold a candle to what EC/RIT had.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

DIII rivalries are one thing, but bitterness in the face of outstanding accomplishment is quite another matter.Go RIT!

Comment

The kid is from New York and claims to be a Michigan fan. That should tell you about everything you need to know.

Now, I'm from Wisconsin and initially thought I'd pull for UW over RIT but now I'm not so sure. Oddly, I'm not sure I'll know where my allegiances lie until my gut points one way or another come puck drop.

Aside from that, I most certainly wanted RIT to smash DU and UNH.
                      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

DIII rivalries are one thing, but bitterness in the face of outstanding accomplishment is quite another matter.Go RIT!
                        In Prez's defense, Elmira would probably have a National Title or two if it hadn't been for RIT getting in the way. There was, and to a great extent still is, a fair amount of bad blood between these two teams.

The all-time record of 31-30-4 in favor of RIT speaks wonders.
                        The fact that each team had a habit of winning when the other team needed the W the most says even more.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          It's only 10 years into the century.
                          (
                          "And although the newspapers called the shooting "The Crime of the Century", Goldman knew it was only 1906- and there were 94 years to go!"

-Ragtime
                          Oswego State 1980 Grad
                          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

If you think M'ville and Elmira are rivals, that didn't hold a candle to what EC/RIT had.
                            I was pulling for Elmira in the NCAAs this year. I still love the ECAC West.

Comment

That was a great rivalry. But it also was then.

There's a whole crop of RIT hockey fans who have no clue who Elmira even is. And while for many RIT fans there's still a feeling for that rivalry, for many others, it has faded to a distant memory.

And for others, that dislike has merely been transferred toward Canisius.

Comment

Prez,

I understand and remember the rivalry as well as you do. Heck I hated EC so much I wouldn't let my daughter wear purple. Then RIT moves to DI, and my son goes to Elmira for his masters. I went to his graduation and didn't even feel like I had to disinfect myself when it was over. I looked all over campus even, and couldn't find the tractor parking lot. I even root for EC in the playoffs after Utica is eliminated. Which has been way too soon the last couple of years.

It's time to let the old prejudices fade. Heck, the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association now has Japanese members. If they can let go of the hatred, so can you.

Anyway, I distinctly remember a post where you said that you'd root for RIT as long as they weren't playing a DIII team. Of course maybe that was P&G10 that said that. I always get the two of you confused.

BTW, What the heck are you doing in G'ville??? I figured when I married my wife I was pretty sure I took the last good thing out of that town.
                                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                                NCAA DII - 1983
                                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X