WCHA Hockey = Big East Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Hockey = Big East Basketball

The WCHA has the best top to bottom talent every single year, always carries the most teams into the tournament, yet the teams that are supposed to win find a way to fall short.

Yes I recognize it's not every team, every instance...but on the whole this is true. HC over UMTC @ Xcel in 2006, MSU over CC @ World in 2008, Miami over DU in 2009 and now the last team in RIT over DU.

MICHIGAN STATE
    1966:1986:2007

Re: WCHA Hockey = Big East Basketball

That was fast. Less than a minute after the end of the game.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
      The WCHA has the best top to bottom talent every single year, always carries the most teams into the tournament, yet the teams that are supposed to win find a way to fall short.

Yes I recognize it's not every team, every instance...but on the whole this is true. HC over UMTC @ Xcel in 2006, MSU over CC @ World in 2008, Miami over DU in 2009 and now the last team in RIT over DU.

Leave it to a sparty to attempt to take a real sport (Hockey) and compare it to a remedial event (bouncyball).
      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Agree 100%. 2006 in particular was a crappy year for the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
          Leave it to a sparty to attempt to take a real sport (Hockey) and compare it to a remedial event (bouncyball).
          Why is a sparty even following a hockey thread this late in the season?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            That was fast. Less than a minute after the end of the game.
            The drive-thru is slow this time of day for him...

Plus, he doesn't have a team to follow in the tournament so he has nothing better to do.

Comment

actually it was Holy Cross over the gooph troop at Ralph Engelstad Arena
              dash 8
              what does North Dakota's gov't have that Minnesota won't have? A budget Surplus

Comment

I'd like to come up with a snappy comment, but I'll just let the pathetic state of Michigan athletics speak for itself...I don't need to say a word and you defeat your argument through ignorance. Thank you.
                MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Can I beat all the WCHA fans in pointing out that the conference is just so tough, there's no energy or desire left over for the NCAA's, which after all, pale in comparison to the Final Five?

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Why is a sparty even following a hockey thread this late in the season?
                    They live vicariously through any Cinderella. They can't win, so they follow someone else. Plus, their Assistant Captain just left sparty for the pros.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...26_petryto.php

Comment

The drive-thru is slow this time of day for him...

Plus, he doesn't have a team to follow in the tournament so he has nothing better to do.
                      Your team stole our spot! I'm not gonna argue that...
                      MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Fire Gwozdecky!
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

And to think, this thread popped up BEFORE SCSU's inevitable first round implosion.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Who's making the popcorn for this??
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                              I'd like to come up with a snappy comment, but I'll just let the pathetic state of Michigan athletics speak for itself...I don't need to say a word and you defeat your argument through ignorance. Thank you.
                              Our football team is in total disarray yes. Our bouncyball team is non-existant, but I could care less. Michigan Hockey team plays at 7:30 tomorrow night. What hole is sparty on now?

Comment

Working...
                              X