PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson recruit problems

Pages : 1 [2]

jstadts
05-04-2010, 07:42 PM
If Roll sticks by these guys and anyone of them have any off ice "incidents" during their stay in Potsdam it will more than likely be lights out for george. I think he would be crazy to take that gamble.

redhawkman10
05-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Well said. Ivies are difficult to get into and difficult to flunk out of. They also have a broader range of majors from which to choose, making it a bit easier to find a place for a player you really want.

As for Clarkson; good school, but not quite in the same ball park as RPI.

I agree. Miami's senior class all graduated with GPA's over 3.2.....and they are the Ivy of the west! :p

FRICKER
05-05-2010, 12:15 AM
I have always thought of RPI, Clarkson, an Michigan Tech as equivalent D1 hockey schools, with top shelf engineering programs. The best payer I saw
at Ckarkson never played a game - Richie St. Laurant. Never got academically eligible. BTW, back in my day, circa Ned Harkness, RPI always had a very competitve team, for the first semester, until grades came out.

drewcu
05-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Well said. Ivies are difficult to get into and difficult to flunk out of. They also have a broader range of majors from which to choose, making it a bit easier to find a place for a player you really want.

As for Clarkson; good school, but not quite in the same ball park as RPI.

If you think that RPI recruits from different pools of hockey players than Clarkson, you are mistaken.

Wicked Slappaahs
05-05-2010, 10:55 PM
If you think that RPI recruits from different pools of hockey players than Clarkson, you are mistaken.

They might be from the same pool, but RPI kids swim in the deep end. :eek: :D