ESPNU overlaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPNU overlaps

one of the more frustating aspects of the regional TV coverage is that on many occasions, a game will go into OT and pre-empt the next scheduled game. The genius' at ESPN think that 2:30 is the correct amount of time for games to run seamlessly into each other with minimal studio time, however, with 7 minutes of commercial time per period (4X 1:45) even many games that end in regulation will run over 2 hours and thirty minutes.

while there is another thread discussing in detail the 4 regionally syndicated games, I have a question here for those DIE-HARD fans like myself that want to watch ALL of these games in their entirety.

Ill have multiple screens set up at my place, and YES, I do have access to espn360, so those 4 syndicated games are not an issue for me.

What IS an issue is when a lacrosse game runs 7 OT's and we miss most of the 1st period of a game, or is another game runs into double OT and again, much of the game that follows is clipped.

I remember on saturday night last year, they DID slide a game that was being pre-empted over to espn classic, but i dont plan on that happening again. On a thread last year, and people were actually posting links to video streams of these games that were being pre-empted...for whatever reason, events that are on espn and espn2 ARE streamed on espn360, BUT EVENTS ON ESPNU ARE NOT.

So...the games i am worried about being clipped by previous games running long are as follows: IE previous game was only given a 2:30 window

REMEMBER, THESE ARE ONLY ESPNU GAMES, NOT THE SYNDICATED ONES

Fri: Wisconsin/Vermont 9 et (cornell/UNH is at 630)

sat:Miami/Ala-Hunts (preceeded by lacrosse game...need we say more) 4pm

East regional final (preceeded by mia/ala-hunt. game above) 630pm

West Regional final (preceeded by east final above) 9pm

sun: Midwest final (preceeded by NE final at 530) 8PM

Now i know that 3 of these games in question are regional finals and no one knows who will participate in them until the day before, but perhaps this thread can be a clearing house for links to video streams just in case games run long/start of games gets clipped

any help or assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated

Bill
    Last edited by billmich88888; 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM.

Re: ESPNU overlaps

The one good thing about playoff hockey going to overtime is intermission. You can watch most of the start of the next game before returning to overtime, la crosse last year was butal because it dragged and there weren't any breaks long enough to show the hockey game.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It also dragged on because it was lacrosse.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
        It also dragged on because it was lacrosse.
        It also dragged because there were, it seemed like, 27 OTs and each team got 3 timeouts per OT and took them all.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

any help for the wisconsin/vermont game for tomorrow...any links if that game happenes to get "clipped"?

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
            any help for the wisconsin/vermont game for tomorrow...any links if that game happenes to get "clipped"?
            As far as I know, ESPN360.com should have all games, assuming your ISP provides you access/has an agreement with them. It is (again, as far as I know) free.
            THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
            1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
            1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
            University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
            University of Oregon Ducks Football
            San Francisco Giants
            Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
              As far as I know, ESPN360.com should have all games, assuming your ISP provides you access/has an agreement with them. It is (again, as far as I know) free.
              I don't think the games on ESPN U are going to be on ESPN360.

Comment

WeWantMore is right. Unfortunately for those of us without access to a tv during the day today, they won't put all games on 360. Gotta protect the U I guess.

This will be a valuable thread during the day as many streams won't pick up or be known about until actual gametimes. Hope one of us can find something.

Comment

It also sucks for people like me who can't slip out of work today so I am using my DVR. If I don't get to live and they slide a game to another ESPN station I am screwed.
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

I didn't realize ESPN360 and U wouldn't have the games on at the same time. Oh well.

Fox Sports North I hear is picking up the UND game for tomorrow, as well as the Bemidji State game. For those of us that are in the frozen north.
                    THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                    1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                    1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                    University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                    University of Oregon Ducks Football
                    San Francisco Giants
                    Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I don't know if you heard Berenson's show on Tuesday, Bill, but he concluded it with a pretty good rant about how ESPN has pretty much taken over college hockey broadcasts with the okay of the NCAA even though they really don't give two shakes about hockey-i.e. extensive tv timeouts to hear themselves talk etc.. Pretty funny. Listen to the last segment of the show here:

http://www.wtka.com/index.php?fuseac...ts_sel&id=4270

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        I don't know if you heard Berenson's show on Tuesday, Bill, but he concluded it with a pretty good rant about how ESPN has pretty much taken over college hockey broadcasts with the okay of the NCAA even though they really don't give two shakes about hockey-i.e. extensive tv timeouts to hear themselves talk etc.. Pretty funny. Listen to the last segment of the show here:

http://www.wtka.com/index.php?fuseac...ts_sel&id=4270
                        NOT a fan of the Blue. REALLY Not fan of the Blue, but loved coaches comments regarding ESPN there. Glad to hear it isn't just the fans that think ESPN's treatment of the sport is poor. Fingers still crossed for something to pop up today.

Comment

Originally posted by gdart_s View Post
                          NOT a fan of the Blue. REALLY Not fan of the Blue, but loved coaches comments regarding ESPN there. Glad to hear it isn't just the fans that think ESPN's treatment of the sport is poor. Fingers still crossed for something to pop up today.
                          Not for'm or against'm (Michigan that is), but man do I agree with'm. Glad somebody will speak out about this stuff.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            I don't know if you heard Berenson's show on Tuesday, Bill, but he concluded it with a pretty good rant about how ESPN has pretty much taken over college hockey broadcasts with the okay of the NCAA even though they really don't give two shakes about hockey-i.e. extensive tv timeouts to hear themselves talk etc...
                            NESN has done the same thing with their Hockey East telecasts. The championship game started at seven, yet regulation ended after the CCHA championship game (which started at 7:30).

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

streaker, I was AT the show, it got a big roar from the crowd.

for all others here, i set up this thread precisely so thatr if there is an overrun, we can post links to video streams (if available) right here

also, i thinkespn IS trying to protect the "U" by not streaming, since a lot of cable systems still dont carry the channel, yet will allow espn360 streaming...hope that will change one day

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X