Teams in the NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams in the NCAA

How much is your school charging your students to go to the regional? I ask because once again the moneyhounds at BC are charging the students $85 for the 3 game pack which is absolutely absurd.

Thanks.

Re: Teams in the NCAA

Thats face value for the public.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Understood but usually schools subsidize part of the cost (ex: bowl games are free for BC).

Comment

Just checked Yale and they have not announced the policy yet, sometime today supposedly
        http://www.yalebulldogs.com/information/tickets/hockey
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

ticketbastrd is $83.50 for the two day pass plus $10.60 for handling, and then additional money if you do anything other than will-call to recieve them
          (anywhere from $2.50 for their ticketfast service to $19.50 for UPS two day delivery)

all in, anywhere from $94.10 for the will call option to $113.60 for UPS two day

Comment

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
            Understood but usually schools subsidize part of the cost (ex: bowl games are free for BC).
            I wouldn't say "usually." I would say "if you're lucky." Certainly not at UAH. Just bought four session passes at $87 each from the school.

And none of them are for me. *cry*
            UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
            2006 Time Person of the Year
            Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
            It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Ticket revenue for bowl games is controlled by the bowl committee or promoter, with payouts (after expenses and margin) going back to the competing schools and/or their conferences.

Ticket revenue for NCAA tournament games is under the control of the NCAA. The NCAA will pay the arena, cover cost of officials and game related expenses, pay the competing team's travel expenses... then keep every stinking nickel to finance their bloated, management-top-heavy beaurocracy.

The NCAA couldn't care less if students can or cant afford the tix. If there are schools that subsidize student tix, I think its wonderfull, but I would expect that to be the exception, rather than the rule.
              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

If you are going to Worcester, just wake up on Saturday, give a call to the ticket office, ask them if there are tickets and they will undoubtedly say yes, then drive up, pay 15-20 bucks for parking and buy the single game ticket on the day of the game.

I have done it for the past 4 years switching off between Manchester and Worcester.
                BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

NMU is charging $94 for the regional package.
                  TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

So is the cheapest ticket available for a single game in Worcester $47.50?

Comment

I don't remember ever hearing of anyone giving discounted student tickets for the NCAAs. BU never has, and I don't believe BC or NU (that one time) has either, but I could be wrong on that.
                      time to write new history

Comment

RIT is charging students $20 for each day with free busses available to the first 110 to sign up.

(Faculty, Staff, Alumni get to pay the going public rate for the full weekend and a little less for a special alumni package for Friday.)
                        -M

Comment

NMU is charging 193 to 320 dollars depending on the hotel option you choose. Cheapest is a quad, most expensive are singles. Tickets are 94 dollars and includes the bus ride to St. Paul
                          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                          2006-2007: 15-24-2
                          2007-2008: 20-20-4
                          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

BC needs their students to show up to bowl games in order to have a prayer of being asked to go to a better bowl.

There's no such issue with hockey.
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                              BC needs their students to show up to bowl games in order to have a prayer of being asked to go to a better bowl.

There's no such issue with hockey.
                              Yeah, the big time schools just assume their students will go and if not, oh well for them. It is what it is. Nice of some schools to help subsidize the cost.
                              time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                              X