Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO DIII Championship coverage???

Have I missed something or has there been absolutely
    ZERO coverage?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

Re: USCHO DIII Championship coverage???

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    Have I missed something or has there been absolutely
    ZERO coverage?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
    aren't you used to this by now???
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      aren't you used to this by now???
      I guess it is cool that there is a link to the box score on their Women's page, but somehow I felt we, the USCHO women's DIII community (who doubtless contribute to the USCHO revenue stream in visiting the site and posting), deserved just a bit more. There was no preview of the semi and final, and obviously USCHO could not find the means to have anyone attend the championship (and I think this speaks volumes about NOT having a common site for the DI and DIII events...DIII gets regarded as a sideshow). Honestly, I am disappointed.

Comment

D3 teams are the "Children of a lesser God" in the eyes of USCHO and the D1 elitist's that post on this forum.

Comment

yea, and we were forced to listen to a gustie announcer who didnt get one name right the entire time....interviewed the GAC assistant both intermissions during the 3rd place game, yet nothing from an Elmira assistant, the GAC fans were mostly at the game, not the ones far away watching the webcast hoping for some coverage on their own team.
          Elmira College '08
          The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back....Go Elmira College Women's Hockey 11-12

Comment

Originally posted by EC724 View Post
            yea, and we were forced to listen to a gustie announcer who didnt get one name right the entire time....interviewed the GAC assistant both intermissions during the 3rd place game, yet nothing from an Elmira assistant, the GAC fans were mostly at the game, not the ones far away watching the webcast hoping for some coverage on their own team.
            The fact that they interviewed the GAC assistant twice and not the Elmira assistant may have been an oversight by EC moreso than that of USCHO.

Are the game webcasts archived anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              The fact that they interviewed the GAC assistant twice and not the Elmira assistant may have been an oversight by EC moreso than that of USCHO.

Are the game webcasts archived anywhere?
              It wasn't even USCHO coverage, it was NCAA coverage, the link to the video was on the NCAA website!!! And as of right now, the games haven't been archived, when clicking "watch now" it says that the media is not yet available...once then sting subsides, I would definitely like to watch some of the footage.
              Elmira College '08
              The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back....Go Elmira College Women's Hockey 11-12

Comment

Originally posted by EC724 View Post
                Bummer. Hopefully there will be no video stream at all next year... That way you won't be so disappointed!

Seriously, some people...

Comment

Originally posted by MNChamp View Post
                  Bummer. Hopefully there will be no video stream at all next year... That way you won't be so disappointed!

Seriously, some people...
                  Ya maybe we should sue the NCAA because the D3 men's title game was broadcasted on CBS college sports(national TV) and the D3 women's wasn't!
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Ya maybe we should sue the NCAA because the D3 men's title game was broadcasted on CBS college sports(national TV) and the D3 women's wasn't!
                    OK...where do I sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                      OK...where do I sign up?
                      You hire the lawyer and we'll go from there!
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

You hire the lawyer and we'll go from there!
                        Don't need a lawyer...just an advocate. Has to be an American citizen however...thought maybe you might let your name stand?

Comment

we, the USCHO women's DIII community (who doubtless contribute to the USCHO revenue stream in visiting the site and posting), deserved just a bit more.
                          Just curious, but how big do you think the D3 women's hockey community is?

The D1 men's hockey community isn't exactly large to begin with, and certainly you'd admit they're the biggest customer base for this site, right?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Just curious, but how big do you think the D3 women's hockey community is?

The D1 men's hockey community isn't exactly large to begin with, and certainly you'd admit they're the biggest customer base for this site, right?
                            I look and see the NESCAC thread has over 40,000 page views and I have got to think we generate some traffic to the site. I have no idea how the revenue stream is generated, but I think the fact that there is nothing other than a stupid link to a box score is pretty lame!!!

Comment

I have no idea how the revenue stream is generated
                              Figure that out, and you'll understand why you didn't get a game recap.

Comment

Working...
                              X