Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poll: if Shannon Miller was to make a career change

Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
    A photo snagged from the UMD website may suggest a different entertainer. (Scroll about half way down)

*****http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-womens-hockey.php?page=photogallery******
    He lives! I knew it!
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
      A photo snagged from the UMD website may suggest a different entertainer. (Scroll about half way down)

*****http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-womens-hockey.php?page=photogallery******
      From the photo she looks more like K.D.Lang actually. The photo does not do justice to the sequin adorned jacket
      GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

did anyone ever think that maybe her and the players made a bet..if they got to the big game she had to wear something like that.. just a thought.

and if they didn't who cares what she wore it had nothing to do with how the players played the game or the results of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
          It was just in reference to her sequin jacket she was wearing. I don't think its intended to be mean...just a little funny.
          Most definitely.

Listen, anyone would have to envy the kind of results she's achieved. They speak for themselves. She's in a league of her own. This is not intended to be an attack on her at all. I was actually quite impressed as well in watching the game how loose she remained throughout, continuing to crack smiles and jokes with her players after successive overtime periods.

I gotta think also that anyone who would choose to wear what she was wearing, on national TV no less, really couldn't give 2 hoots about what anyone else thinks about her fashion choices. So I doubt any of this would result in a blow to her personal self-esteem. I would hope she too might think this was all in good fun, rather than some new attempt to persecute her.

Congrats on another national championship. Given hockey superstition and all, I guess this might become a regular game day outfit now....maybe every other coach needs to get one just like it.

Comment

Oh for the love of....... What is the point of this? Truly, after this weekend of superb hockey, your focus is on what Shannon was WEARING?! I know this is all (I hope to god) tongue-in-cheek, but seriously, you couldn't come up with something better?

By the way, hats off to Cornell.... AND WAY TO GO, BULLDOGS!!!!
            Last edited by banditbun; 03-22-2010, 12:30 PM. Reason: mispelled tongue!
            All the fun is in the journey

Comment

She should have just worn one of Don Cherry's suits on the bench. And a fedora.

If it's my team and if she wins a national championship, she can dress in something straight out of a Dick Tracy comic book and I'm fine with it.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

After that marathon game which put the wraps on a great season I think we could all use some levity here. When I saw it was Trillium who started the thread I knew right away it was just for fun, nothing wrong with that IMO.

As to why any coach would wear such an outfit during a championship game...well that's exactly what my wife asked when she started watching in the 2nd overtime. Probably the best answer to that question is that Shannon Miller isn't just any coach.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                  Most definitely.

Listen, anyone would have to envy the kind of results she's achieved. They speak for themselves. She's in a league of her own. This is not intended to be an attack on her at all. I was actually quite impressed as well in watching the game how loose she remained throughout, continuing to crack smiles and jokes with her players after successive overtime periods.

I gotta think also that anyone who would choose to wear what she was wearing, on national TV no less, really couldn't give 2 hoots about what anyone else thinks about her fashion choices. So I doubt any of this would result in a blow to her personal self-esteem. I would hope she too might think this was all in good fun, rather than some new attempt to persecute her.

Congrats on another national championship. Given hockey superstition and all, I guess this might become a regular game day outfit now....maybe every other coach needs to get one just like it.
                  Have you convinced yourself of any of this yet?

Didn't think so....me either.
                  (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

I'm just soo glad she has nothing more to do with Hockey Canada anymore. She was a train wreck...just ask Angela James.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                      I'm just soo glad she has nothing more to do with Hockey Canada anymore. She was a train wreck...just ask Angela James.
                      All the same...good of you to lend her your jacket.

Comment

A train wreck in Canada? You're not a real deep thinker, are you?

Comment

C'mon ride the train hey ride it woo woo. C'mon, ride the train, it's the choo choo train!
                          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

...the architect of Canada's only Olympic Silver...nice work! If she didn't coach in the States, she'd be a great truck driver....complete skank.

Comment

Definitely pre-Vegas pre-Velvet-Elvis Elvis.

One year ago nobody disliked all things UMD better than I. But this season I've come to appreciate Coach Miller.
                              1. She's at least attempting to attract more Minnesota girls--she's recruited the same number of Minnesotans as the Gophers have the last two years.
                              2. She lost more from last year than any coach in the conference, and still this.
                              3. That sparkly sportcoat was brilliant and I loved it. Along with Steve Sertich's fu-manchu, it was at least some sign of 'personality' among the league's coaching brethren.

Comment

Train Wreck....I Dunno... She has done miles better in the Womens College Game than any other coach in her tenure of 12 years, and that includes the current HC of TC. She is a succesful coach with a personality to boot.

Edit add: Ironically the current HC of TC used to coach at Cornell.

Last night there was a fantastic 2 hour piece on CBC about Ali. He was as flamboyant and controversial as they came back in the day, but he is today considered to be one of the biggest American sports hero's from the last century. (I still remember vividly the Rumble in the Jungle and the Thrilla in Manilla).

Next week the CBC has a piece on another Flamboyant person who polarises opinions. His name is Don Cherry.

Ms Miller sings to her own song and dance routine. Either you like it or you don't. However, you can't argue with her success. I suspect that similar to Ali and Cherry, she does not give a rats ss what we write on here about it.
                                Last edited by OnMAA; 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X