PDA

View Full Version : Alaska vs BC game on TV in Alaska

Pages : 1 [2]

UMICHhockeyRULZ
03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Fox 7 will get the live feed for Fairbanks, and it'll also be transmitted statewide on GCI 1.

Major props for whoever pulled this off.

Was there ever any real doubt?

Squarebanks
03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Was there ever any real doubt?

Unless somebody ponied up the cash to ESPN, yes. From the sounds of things we can all thank Seekins Ford in Fairbanks for making this financially possible.

UMICHhockeyRULZ
03-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Unless somebody ponied up the cash to ESPN, yes. From the sounds of things we can all thank Seekins Ford in Fairbanks for making this financially possible.

This is a major event in Alaska, of course someone was going to pay ESPN. It's great advertising.

Methodical
03-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Fox 7 is showing both Fridays semis and Sat final. We need to call them and tell them we want 2 see Sat and Sun games. Doesn't Methodical work 4 them?

Just saw this thread.

Those of you alaskan fans should thank the advertisers that came together (most notably seekins ford) and pulled off the last minute broadcast.

kfxf bought regional syndication. it was iffy at first because they were shooting up at a satellite thats only 10 degrees above the horizon as viewed from fairbanks alaska. it was also on a bird we don't usually watch and had to use one of our smaller dishes. Over the years we've had many iffy satellite shots but it was a good strong signal with zero dropouts.

The ABC-ESPN relationship probably wouldn't net the alaska abc affiliates any advantage. The fox-FSN relationship doesn't get us any advantage I'm aware of. It's all about the dollars with the national sports networks, but FSN is way nicer to work with than Espn.

The alaska hockey broadcast market is funded by the local advertisers, so show your love for them!

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Do they release ratings for the Alaska market only? Curious to see how many people were watching this in Alaska.

Squarebanks
04-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Not aware of any ratings but I'd bet that a good amount of people watched it. You can count that most of Fairbanks watched it, plus UAF-affiliated people in Anchorage and SC Alaska, not to mention the casual hockey (Aces) fans that probably checked it out from sheer curiosity if nothing else. Having it broadcast on GCI statewide definitely helps, and this was definitely the best video feed quality I've seen all year (thanks to ESPN, I'm sure).

Speaking of the Aces, our own Dion Knelson had 2 assists and the game winner in the shootout to send the Aces to the playoffs. Not bad for pro game #2.