Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: #1 BC vs. #4 Alaska, #2 North Dakota vs. #3 Yale

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    You know what this thread needs??? A ficus tree.
    Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post

*****http://www.alpinefloralinc.com/shop/images/Ficus%20Bush.jpg******
    Less talk, more chlorophyll.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      You know what this thread needs??? A ficus tree.
      Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post

*****http://www.alpinefloralinc.com/shop/images/Ficus%20Bush.jpg******
      Best posts of the thread.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

One interesting aspect of the North Dakota Sioux team is that they are one of the youngest teams participating. Also this season was somewhat of a rebuilding year for the Sioux. But now with their recent success it once again seems they have a legitimate shot at another NC.

Go Sioux! Win the next four games.

On a positive note the Sioux will not have to face BC in the frozen four.
        "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

I assure you there are more than two of us. It's more fun to sit back and let you guys rip each other. We'll let our boys speak for them selves on the ice.
          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

All I can say is I wish I coyld be there in person. **** work and life responsibilities in the way! Anyway, I wil be at the Patty Centre....oppps I meant Center come Saturday mourning with the rest of the Nanook faithfuls! The U is putting up a 25 ft screen for the students and community to watch the game. Other TV's will be set up to provide statistical information. Coffee and donuts...should be a good time! Go Nooks
            All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

Our guys are rough
              Our girls play tough
              We'll have a blast
              We'll kick you ***
              The weather is cold
              We must be crazy we are told
              Hurrah for UAF
              Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post

Well, my youthful friends, it seems that this thread has really begun to exceed all bounds of propriety. If the biggest "holes" that you, BCWH Superfan joe, and Dirty can poke in my intellect is not knowing what "word wrap" is and that "Meffa" is a reference to Medford,well,then, color me very proud. Except for studying (and teaching) at the Harvard School of Public Health in the late 1980s, I have not lived in Boston/New England since the late 1970s. I like going to the gym in January and coming out in my shirtsleeves (but that's just me!).
                As far as "Meffa" goes, I guess it falls into the same category as calling New Britain (CT) "New Bri-UN". One of my Yale roommates FROM New Britain had to explain THAT to me once, too. No matter how one slices the salami, such references strike me as mocking the blue-collar nature of these
                towns and/or the intellect of its citizens. Even more politically incorrect, it MIGHT be interpreted as mocking someone with a speech impediment or a person who has suffered a non-dominant hemisphere stroke (if that puzzles you go to medical school or look up dysarthria in Dorland's Medical Dictionary). Oh yes, I know that this post will set off a barrage of venom from the BC and North Dakota crowd. My apologies.
                Before you react to this by spewing back some vitriol, try THINKING about what I wrote. Yeah, I was 22 once. I've had too much to drink and done some stupid things. And yes, there was probably a time when I thought I knew more than ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY over the age of 50. BUT I NEVER mocked someone publicly for their viewpoints. As a closing thought, BCWH Superfan joe and sterlippo, try showing THIS post to YOUR parents and see what THEY think. Finally, rather than getting drunk some Saturday night in the near future, try doing some volunteer work at a hospital or Stroke Rehab Center. You might learn something.
                As for this middle-aged, out-of-touch DUDE, I will now take MY father's advice ....... that having to do with grappling with certain barnyard animals and becoming like my eponymous friend from the land of the Sioux. I AM DONE for this hockey season. My sincerest wishes for some great, entertaining, injury-free hockey and safe travels for all. See you, G*d willing, in the FALL.
                as a middle aged and out of touch guy (not dude) i am sorry you took my one comment so seriously. if you lived in this area for any amount of time, well, it is a pretty common thing for people to refer to Medford, as Meffa and it is where i spent the first 8 years of my life(Fulton Heights). It is an endearing term more than one to poke fun at people's accents(certainly not speech impediments) since we all (Bostonians) at one time or another called it that. Just so you know, i am not a 22 yr old that that goes out and drinks with their buds..........in fact, i am a proud member of the only Boston College graduating class to have lost a National Championship game to BU, yes, the great class of 1978. So, again, i repeat, Yaledoc, i am sorry to have offended you, it was not the intent, rather what i thought was good-natured fun which is what we do in these threads for the most part. So, best of luck to your team, I will be rooting for them

Comment

North Dakota is scheduled to fly from Grand Forks to Worcester today, aboard a Sky King 'Songbird' 737-200, Flight 9772.

Arrival time scheduled for 2:50pm local.

Source: FlightAware.com

I don't know when or where Alaska is flying in but will keep checking.

BC arriving Worcester on a United 777 from Boston
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                    North Dakota is scheduled to fly from Grand Forks to Worcester today, aboard a Sky King 'Songbird' 737-200, Flight 9772.

Arrival time scheduled for 2:50pm local.

Source: FlightAware.com

I don't know when or where Alaska is flying in but will keep checking.

BC arriving Worcester on a United 777 from Boston
                    737-200? Those things are still flying? The last one was built in 88..

Comment

According to the ad on the right of the page both North Dakota and Michigan won the CCHA this year. That's impressive.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        According to the ad on the right of the page both North Dakota and Michigan won the CCHA this year. That's impressive.
                        winning the ccha is our part-time job we do for fun....our real job is winning the wcha

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          winning the ccha is our part-time job we do for fun....our real job is winning the wcha
                          Our real job is winning the NCAA.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Our real job is winning the NCAA.
                            you guys aren't very good at your job....

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              it is a pretty common thing for people to refer to Medford, as Meffa and it is where i spent the first 8 years of my life(Fulton Heights). It is an endearing term more than one to poke fun at people's accents(certainly not speech impediments) since we all (Bostonians) at one time or another called it that.
                              And, New Bedford = New Beffa
                              The funny part of this whole thing... he saw Meffa in Scarlets sig, and she is from Meffa.
                              Scarlet... stop mocking yourself.

OK... I'm gonna stop picking on New Beffa and Meffa folks now.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                you guys aren't very good at your job....
                                Oh.. I wouldn't say that. There are those who have won more. We are still better than most.
                                sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Working...
                                X