No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Not even far to that far from Oxford. Its 2 hrs max and isn't a bad drive at all. Especially on a saturday. Miami will be well represented there, they had about 4k at the frozen four in D.C.
    Yeah, like I said, depends on the amount of lead in your shoes

I went to Ball State and we made the trip to Oxford in record time on several occasions.

Just watch out, Indiana cops enjoy ticketing cars with Ohio plates.

Comment

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
      Wow, as much as I hate the spelling police, that's not even close. We're not on a sinking shrimp boat, cap'n.
      I'm not even sure what that word is or is supposed to be!

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
        Yeah, like I said, depends on the amount of lead in your shoes

I went to Ball State and we made the trip to Oxford in record time on several occasions.

Just watch out, Indiana cops enjoy ticketing cars with Ohio plates.
        I can attest to that lol, I live in Richmond IN. So it's only about an hour and half for me. Day trip, I love it. Only thing that really sucks, is should we get to sunday that 8 PM puck drop is pretty crappy for any team not just ours. Makes for a rough monday lol.

Also Moy says its a drive for UAH, they really going to make UAH take the 8 hr bus trip instead of flying them up?? That would be the cheapest move yet lol.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

The committee made a point to avoid flights across the board. Atleast they did it with everyone and not just in Ft. Wayne. Michigan played well getting into the tourny and beat us in the semi's but Michigan guys if thats what your going to hang your hat out good luck with that. You had to play your way into the tourny, we have been in since christmas. Congrats on winning the CCHA and getting in but to stick your chests out like that is just arogant.
          No arrogance, chest-thumping, or hat-hanging here. I fully expect the need to give 100% effort and get a little bit of luck to beat anyone. If our team thinks they have anything in the bag, the season is over. I just hope the realization of where they were 3 weeks ago isn't lost on this current winning streak.

There's no doubt about it: anyone in this tournament is a formidable foe. If anyone thinks otherwise, they'll get bounced in a heartbeat. There's a reason these teams have made it to where they are at.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
            No arrogance, chest-thumping, or hat-hanging here. I fully expect the need to give 100% effort and get a little bit of luck to beat anyone. If our team thinks they have anything in the bag, the season is over. I just hope the realization of where they were 3 weeks ago isn't lost on this current winning streak.

There's no doubt about it: anyone in this tournament is a formidable foe. If anyone thinks otherwise, they'll get bounced in a heartbeat. There's a reason these teams have made it to where they are at.
            Amen!

Plus UAH may have the coolest uni's of the 4 teams here!
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I can attest to that lol, I live in Richmond IN. So it's only about an hour and half for me. Day trip, I love it. Only thing that really sucks, is should we get to sunday that 8 PM puck drop is pretty crappy for any team not just ours. Makes for a rough monday lol.

Also Moy says its a drive for UAH, they really going to make UAH take the 8 hr bus trip instead of flying them up?? That would be the cheapest move yet lol.
              Huntsville is a straight shot up 65 to Indy then 69. But that includes getting round Nashville and Louisville. And I'm sure half of 65 is down to one lane for the summer already....

It'd be a doable long roadtrip for the faithful fans who want to load into a car and go crazy for a day getting there. It'd be kind of rough on the team bus though I'd think. And a loooooooong trip back if there's heartbreak. Less than the trip from DC back to Oxford last year though. *grin*

I'm rooting for Miami to do it this year though, we had our fun last year after all.
              Last edited by BUPhD; 03-21-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Huntsville is a straight shot up 65 to Indy then 69. But that includes getting round Nashville and Louisville. And I'm sure half of 65 is down to one lane for the summer already....

It'd be a doable long roadtrip for the faithful fans who want to load into a car and go crazy for a day getting there. It'd be kind of rough on the team bus though I'd think. And a loooooooong trip back if there's heartbreak. Less than the trip from DC back to Oxford last year though. *grin*

I'm rooting for Miami to do it this year though, we had our fun last year after all.
                Well yea, but its different for the fans driving up than making the team bus it. That would be brutal if they make UAH take the 8 hr bus trip.

And yea I don't think I could of made it home any quicker from D.C. after that game, it was awful lol.

Comment

GFM probably already knows UAHs travel itinerary but my guess is they fly to Indy and bus up I-69 the rest of the way. A few more flight options that way if they eliminate the last leg to Fort Wayne.

Comment

If anyone is interested it's 831 miles from Bemidji MN to Fort Wayne. That's a 15 hour drive cry babies haha just kidding. Woulda loved to play at St. Paul!!

Comment

I'm from Ft. Wayne so I have Ft. Wayne on the brain.
                      Im from Decatur myself.... all of my family still lives there or in Fort Wayne. Figures they finally put a regional there after I move away. Wish I could make it back to see it.

Comment

If there's anybody in the Twin Cities, the GM at Jimmy's Food and Drink in Vadnais Heights said he'd let us use a TV and connect a laptop to it. Jimmy's is about 15 minutes north of Downtown St. Paul right off 35E on County Road E(Just north of 35E and 694).

It'd be right at the end of the first happy hour and will run into the second happy hour which is two-for-ones on everything and some food specials as well from 3:30-6:30 and 8:30-11:30 every night.

Not sure how many BSU and Michigan fans in the Twin Cities would want to come out since it's only on ESPN360. Let me know if you'll come out and I can set something up.

Comment

Intidaled I believe I spelled it correctly. Let's use it in a sentence... Michigan feels intidaled to be in the frozen four tournament no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverFever09 View Post
                            Intidaled I believe I spelled it correctly. Let's use it in a sentence... Michigan feels intidaled to be in the frozen four tournament no matter what.
                            OH!

Guys, he meant "intitled."

Comment

Originally posted by UAHIce View Post
                              OH!

Guys, he meant "intitled."
                              Actually, he means "entitled."
                              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Me dumb haha sorry
                                Bsu grad sorry I let my school down I should do this on a computer

Comment

Working...
                                X