No announcement yet.

Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
    The ironic thing about this whole argument is that people in Minnesota don't actually call the University of Minnesota "the U of M" but rather "Da U." This name, as many of our Redhawk friends can sadly attest, is most assuredly already taken by somebody else.
    Wrong again tough guy, "The U" or "Da U" is The University of Miami-Florida. Ya know, where the thug life was rampant in the late 80's and early 90's...
    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Re: Midwest Regional, Miami vs. Alabama-Huntsville, Bemidji State vs. Michigan

I thought we were focusing on hockey?

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
      It gives more credence to the phrase: "Those who can do. Those who can't teach."
      ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RxsOVK4syxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RxsOVK4syxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
        I thought we were focusing on hockey?

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RxsOVK4syxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RxsOVK4syxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        There are better ways to make a difference than teaching. But perhaps sparty students can't get into those programs.

Please note, I never took anything away from teaching (just made fun of sparty).

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
          Shut it stupid yooper! Go back to Wisconsin/Thunder Bay!
          Holy Wah!
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

FoxSportsNorth is picking up the BSU-Michigan game!!!

http://foxsportsnorth.com/pages/landing?blockID=203560
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Wrong again tough guy, "The U" or "Da U" is The University of Miami-Florida. Ya know, where the thug life was rampant in the late 80's and early 90's...
              Huh, imagine that. So your saying there's another, more nationally known "Da U"? I wonder if there's another school that plays hockey that has to deal with something like that too? What that other school was playing in this region? What if....

Eh you know what, I'm just going to stop. You won't get it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                It could be worse, we could be subjected to the same Ameritel Copiers commercial two times every commercial break like we are when the Caps are on CSN.
                which ones? The ones with "Baby-face Boudreau" or those creepy triplets? Bruce's are cheesy, but funny.
                Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  I'd try to contribute to the conversation, but I'm not sure if any GLIAC voice would be heard either.
                  Hey, last I checked, the GLIAC has won more Football championships than what the Northern Sun Athletic Conference has. The Gulf South has more, but given that Alabama-Huntsville doesn't field a football team, I don't think they can claim to have anything to do with that.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Hey, last I checked, the GLIAC has won more Football championships than what the Northern Sun Athletic Conference has. The Gulf South has more, but given that Alabama-Huntsville doesn't field a football team, I don't think they can claim to have anything to do with that.
                    UAH Football: Still Undefeated.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      UAH Football: Still Undefeated.

GFM
                      Also still winless...

Comment

Huh, imagine that. So your saying there's another, more nationally known "Da U"? I wonder if there's another school that plays hockey that has to deal with something like that too? What that other school was playing in this region? What if....

Eh you know what, I'm just going to stop. You won't get it anyway.
                        Listen, most people don't know about Miami of ohio. After Michigan spanked you last week in the CCHA Semi's I was happy because we just handily beat the #2 (at the time) team in the land. A lot of people acted suprised that a university in Florida would have a Hockey team much less that they would be good. After I would correct them that it was Miami of ohio they looked like they were in total disbelief, as if how could a little MAC school that they had even forgot existed, be ranked ahead of The University of Michigan.

Take a poll nation-wide and ask what school is known as "Da U"? I bet 97%, if not more, of respondents say Miami (Florida).

Additionally, where do you think you stole "Da U" nickname from? Could it be Miami (Fl)? We all know that you can't possibly come up with anything original by yourself.

Comment

Also still winless...
                          Wow, someone has a way of being rather mean-spirited. It was implied.
                          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Listen, most people don't know about Miami of ohio. After Michigan spanked you last week in the CCHA Semi's I was happy because we just handily beat the #2 (at the time) team in the land. A lot of people acted suprised that a university in Florida would have a Hockey team much less that they would be good. After I would correct them that it was Miami of ohio they looked like they were in total disbelief, as if how could a little MAC school that they had even forgot existed, be ranked ahead of The University of Michigan.

Take a poll nation-wide and ask what school is known as "Da U"? I bet 97%, if not more, of respondents say Miami (Florida).

Additionally, where do you think you stole "Da U" nickname from? Could it be Miami (Fl)? We all know that you can't possibly come up with anything original by yourself.
                            Oh my goodness. Well maybe I will just talk you through it, I feel bad.

A. I'm not a Miami poster, I'm in fact a Michigan poster. We've even had conversations on the Michigan thread!!

B. It's Minnesotans that call their school "Da U," not Miami fans. Obviously, most sports fans in the rest of the country know "Da U" as Miami of Florida.

C. This is similar to how most people in country would think of Miami of Florida as "Miami" rather than Miami of Ohio. That was the joke.

Where's Fuad when you need him??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Z_-kEC-hI
                            Last edited by wooderson; 03-24-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Oh my goodness. Well maybe I will just talk you through it, I feel bad.

A. I'm not a Miami poster, I've been a Michigan poster for years. We've had conversations on the Michigan thread!!

B. It's Minnesotans that call their school "Da U," not Miami fans. Obviously, most sports fans in the rest of the country know "Da U" as Miami of Florida.

C. This is similar to how most people in country would think of Miami of Florida as "Miami" rather than Miami of Ohio. That was the joke.

Where's Fuad when you need him??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Z_-kEC-hI
                              Thanks I was going to try and tackle that one but figured I would save myself the agony

Comment

Thank you MSN North for picking up the Beavers and Souix games! I checked the schedule and they're "sacrificing" a replay of the womens NCAA hockey tournament games. Do you think that might improve their ratings? Hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X