• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: East Regional: #1 Denver v. #4 RIT; #2 Cornell v. #3 New Hampshire

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Check the thread.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=89945

Lots of choices abound in Albany.
    At least you didn't say "lots of holes around Albany".

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      At least you didn't say "lots of holes around Albany".
      That all depends on if UAlbany is in session or not.
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Barry Melrose is doing the color for these games. Have fun.
        John Buccigross should be great. The only team Melrose knows anything about is Cornell (and he certainly isn't going to study) so I expect him to hype the Big Red and dump on the other three. Glad I'll be there so I won't have to find out.
        RIT HOCKEY: It's kind of a big deal

Fear the streak!

Comment

Originally posted by GoRITTigers View Post
          John Buccigross should be great. The only team Melrose knows anything about is Cornell (and he certainly isn't going to study) so I expect him to hype the Big Red and dump on the other three. Glad I'll be there so I won't have to find out.
          Think he already did that on the selection show.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Think he already did that on the selection show.
            He has got me thinking that Cornel's goalie will rule all. We'll see about that.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

He did the UNH-Cornell game earlier this year for ESPNU and Cornell did pretty well that game. Therefore he's going by the extremely small sample size and thinking that Cornell will donkey rape everyone... Except Wisconsin who he picked to beat CU in the Finals.

Nothing ever computes with Melrose.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Me too! The guy thinks he knows the CH game. I bet he only sees a hand full of games all year.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                  Me too! The guy thinks he knows the CH game. I bet he only sees a hand full of games all year.
                  IF THAT. I've never found his color to be all that good, and if I were John Buccigross I'd be beating myself over the head for having to work with him -- there's a thread out there about this, specifically Melrose; many people have said that although Bob Norton's got a different style, he truly loves the game of College Hockey, and does his homework. It was an interesting conversation.

A note: I purchased the "all session" package, but if UNH does not win Friday night, I have to return with the UNH Pep Band Saturday morning. Although I'm sure tickets will be available at the box office, I'd like to not 'waste' mine, so if anybody is looking for tickets for Saturday's game, I'll give 'em up for $40 total (they're $45 each through the box office). Less, if I need to.

kgbelanger@gmail.com, or find me in section 101, Row A, seats 4 & 5.
                  I haven't been on here in a year...
                  Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Posted in the UNH Playoff Thread, but it factors in here, too:
                    http://www.blogsnh.com/drupal/blog_e...acks_wednesday

Kostolansky was arguably UNH's second or third most important d-man; his puck handling skills were greatly missed after his injury. He was a big cog on the UNH Power Play, and also helped drive the offense overall, with his ability to carry the puck out of the zone.

It now begs the question, what will coach do with the lines?

Put Kostolansky back on the pairing with Kessell? Or leave those lines alone, and simply replace Connor Hardowa with Brett?

The 2nd / 3rd lines will also be interesting; for the other fans, an explanation:

Most of the year, the 2nd line was LeBlanc-Moses-Sislo, the 3rd line was Borisenok-Burke-Speelman. In the last game against UVM, in a supposed attempt to kickstart the offense, Burke was brought 'up' and Moses played with the 3rd line -- making a VERY FAST line (Cornell fans: the Borisenok-Moses-Speelman line are the forwards who were on the ice for "The Shift"), but not a very physical line (although Moses will work the body a bit in the corners).. I'm very interested to see what Coach Umile will do with the lines. Something to watch for.

I'll make it even simpler, for those not used to watching UNH play:
                    Line 1 #12 Butler #17 Thompson #39 DeSimone
                    Line 2 #9 LeBlanc #19 Sislo #22 Moses / #26 Burke
                    Line 3 #10 Speelman #14 Borisenok #22 Moses / #26 Burke
                    Line 4 #3 Block #7 Manz #11 Pavelski #16 Henrion (any 3, depends on the night)

I don't remember what the d-pairs are off the top of my head; anybody care to enlighten?
                    Last edited by unhpuckfan2001; 03-25-2010, 08:47 AM.
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

The lines at practice this week (and what I expect to see tomorrow) have been the same as Sunday:
                      Thompson-Desimone-Butler
                      Burke-Leblanc-Sislo
                      Speelman-Borisenok-Moses
                      Henrion-Manz-McCarey

The d pairings with Kostolansky out were:
                      Campanale-Kessel
                      Krates-Kipp
                      Beck-Hardowa

I'm also interested to see if Kosto goes back with Kessel, which would drop Camp to Kipp's pairing and Krates with Beck.
                      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Barry Melrose is doing the color for these games. Have fun.
                        We will.
                        Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
                        I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

I am just psyched to see RIT on TV again and get some National Exposure.

The last time i saw them play was Vs Minnesota on FSN North...

No matter what the outcome, it is great exposure for the program and School. I was selfishly hoping they'd get the Midwest Draw so i could travel to watch, but i will have the extra laptop at work and stream the game somehow around the office firewall....

BTW is there a Stream? Besides channelsurf or Justin and all that?

Go Tigers!!

Comment

Originally posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
                            I am just psyched to see RIT on TV again and get some National Exposure.

The last time i saw them play was Vs Minnesota on FSN North...

No matter what the outcome, it is great exposure for the program and School. I was selfishly hoping they'd get the Midwest Draw so i could travel to watch, but i will have the extra laptop at work and stream the game somehow around the office firewall....

BTW is there a Stream? Besides channelsurf or Justin and all that?

Go Tigers!!
                            Try ESPN360.com
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                              I'll sit back and wait for the arguments of who's girls are hotter
                              You have girls on your campus? What's that like?

Comment

Originally posted by NYTrojan View Post
                                You have girls on your campus? What's that like?
                                Yeah, what is that like?
                                I will go on record and Say RIT may be the bottom of this list...Unless things have changed in 5-10 years.....No offense, there just wasn't many ladies in general.....

Do you have to pay for 360? Not that its a big deal for a few bucks...
                                Last edited by JRZ DVLS; 03-25-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X